Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

11th Nov: Who do you love? watch

ReputationRep:
    Love is weird with me and I guess it's kinda mean but I don't actually love anyone but my boyfriend. And it sounds horrible I feel absolute nothing for my family or friends (even with ones I consider to be close) but I just don't feel any connection with any one else. I'm ****ed in the head I admit and I freak myself out knowing that i just feel no emotion like love or care to that extent with anyone except him. He makes me just feel even, period. Before him I didn't know what it meant to be loved how it felt. He makes me feel warm. He's amazing tho hot, the kindest ever with the biggest heart and very intelligent and a dork. But if it werent for that dork I wouldn't be here today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donutellme)
    I am, but its about to come to a close.

Love is so wonderful. But it's extremely fragile. The slightest hit can break it. And she ****ed up bad.
    Not really. If the slightest hit can break it and it's "extremely fragile" then it's certainly not true love. (If even this stupid idea of 'true love' exists.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BBC Radio 1)
    This week on BBC Radio 1’s Surgery with Gemma and Dr Radha, we’re talking about LOVE!

Have you ever been in love? Or do you really want to fall in love but it hasn’t happened yet? Perhaps there’s a special person in your life that you want to say the L word to, but you don’t know how to? But we’re not just talking about relationships - we’re talking about all-important family love and platonic love, too!

If you’ve got any questions, comments or stories that you want to share with the show, please post them here! Remember: you can be anonymous, or if you want to be part of the show, let us know!

I believe the word 'Love' is extremely subjective. That said, I do think I've been in 'true' love, but only once.

I don't want to go into much detail but I've struggled to regain that feeling, and I'm finding it hard to believe I will find it again. It was a very special 5 years.

In my experience everyone has an attachment to the person they lose their virginity to, some stronger than others, and especially if the people were in a relationship (not a one night stand). Do you think this attachment is a kind of love?

ReputationRep:
    Love is a bit of a mystery to me. Does it exist? Is it just excessive attachment to some body? Is it an idealistic term that doesn't manifest itself in real life?

I perceived an experience of mine as love. But it does horrible things to you. It blinds you. It makes your feelings control your decision making, your behaviour, it makes you rearrange your priorities in ways that are wrong. I have come to the conclusion that love is dangerous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrimeLime)
    Not really. If the slightest hit can break it and it's "extremely fragile" then it's certainly not true love. (If even this stupid idea of 'true love' exists.)
    Lying, breaking trust, disloyalty. You may be able to recover a friendship. But not love.

The love will stay, but you can't be together after something like that.

I never used to believe in love until it actually hit me in the face. It was just some stupid crush, someone I'd secretly fancied for ages, When discovering from a friend that he liked me back I was over the moon.

We went on around two dates and he quickly got bored of me when he realised I wasn't going to put out quickly. But I was already in love with his mind, body and soul as cliché as it sounds.

Still think about him to this day even though he's ignored my texts and gone off to uni with his ex, who is also still in love with him. (I wouldn't be surprised if his ex's were all typing up the heartbreak he caused on here them too.)

Bear in mind, this all happened early on in the year and I wonder whether I'll ever forget him, he's probably the best thing that ever happened to me. People think I'm mental for still mooning over a guy I barely knew, and I have to agree.

I just wish I had a button to erase everything about him from my mind.

I've been in love twice. The first time was overwhelming. I was inexperienced. He was older but at the same time immature. Things were moving too fast, too soon. I think it pretty much ended because we both didn't know how to handle those emotions. Lasted six months and I was a wreck afterwards. It has been nearly 7 years and to be honest I still feel destructive emotions if his name gets mentioned.

The second time I fell in love was slow and more stable. Whereas the first one was too passionate, this was calm and I had the sense I could take all the time I needed. Unlike the first one, this has lasted years and have the potential to last for a long time.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    In my experience everyone has an attachment to the person they lose their virginity to, some stronger than others, and especially if the people were in a relationship (not a one night stand). Do you think this attachment is a kind of love?
    In my experience yes I got attached to that person. I certainly don't feel anything I associate with love for him though.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Although I am almost 15 (On Friday) I am in love. Whenever I see him My heart palpitates. His very being gives me butterflies; The beautiful kind, lighting up my insides. When I am without him, I cry.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been in proper love yet but I want to be some day. I'm also demiromantic and panromantic if that's interesting for this topic.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Aye, what a terror love can be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    D'aww, PRSOM.
    Lol thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My mum and the reduced aisle at Waitrose

(Original post by Shauna xo;[url="tel:60515803")
    60515803[/url]]Great story. It actually brought a tear to my eye. I'm so happy you found a guardian angel. Can I ask how it is that you lost her? I mean why do not know where she went to? Its ok if you feel uncomfortable and don't want to reply.
    Sorry that I took so long to reply.

It makes me smile knowing that I reached someone. Thank you.
    I've messaged her several times through an app; I wished her a merry Christmas, a happy Easter, and good luck with her exams, but she never replied. I wanted to wish her a happy Halloween as well, but I was too frightened.
    I know she's doing well because she changed her profile picture; I wanted to compliment her but, at the same time, I don't want to bother her anymore than I already have.
    I keep hoping that I'll see her on the bus one day, not that I'd know what to do if she did appear. I'd probably stumble over my words like an idiot and make a mess of the situation. Haha!

Even if I never meet her again, I'll always think about her.

(Original post by ravioliyears;[url="tel:60516045")
    60516045[/url]]That's a beautiful story! Do PM me if you'd ever like to talk. If not, that's fine and I wish you the very best of luck for the forseeable future xx
    Thank you so much. I'm going to need all the luck I can get, and I wish you the very best as well! xx

ReputationRep:
    i am in love with a girl and i think she feels the same. however i think we both know we are so close as friends that we don't need to be in a relationship. it is an unspoken love and i think we will always be like that.

ReputationRep:
    i've been in love with someone for several years and what it's taught me is that love has to be unconditional. if you're truly in love with someone, that love isn't dependent on feelings or emotions, you can't 'break up' with them because that would imply that your love wasn't real. actual love, in my perspective, is an eternal connection that transforms you and anchors you into the understanding that you're one with that person you love and therefore cannot be separate from them - and even if you go your separate ways for a time, the transformation that occurs within you due to your connection with that person stays with you forever, and you understand that the one you love never leaves you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseafreak)
    i am in love with a girl and i think she feels the same. however i think we both know we are so close as friends that we don't need to be in a relationship. it is an unspoken love and i think we will always be like that.
    that's pretty beautiful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairytalecolours)
    that's pretty beautiful
    thank you

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Welcome to the official BBC Radio 1: The Surgery forum. This forum is a chance for you to ask your questions and join the discussion here, you may even get a chance to get involved live on air.

Listen to the show live here

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.