Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    Hmm yeah but they're not exactly well known... not until the death of their amazing drummer THE REV (R.I.P.) in 2009. But even now they're not that popular, it's not like if you mentioned BMTH someone would say "oh i've heard that song!" but most of the time no one would've heard any of their stuff unless they were really into the 'alternative' style of music.

But yeah they're not UNDERRATED - but not really well known either which is a shame because Matt (or M shadows whatever he wants to call himself lol) has an amazing voice and they are amazing musicians... dem solos *_*

little taste of a bit of everything for those who cba ^
    Fair enough

ReputationRep:
    Again, not current.

The Comsat Angels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhiannonm25)
    The only ones I've ever been to is MGMT, lana del dey and Vampire weekend, I'd say mgmt was the best. I'm lucky though, I live in Glasgow city so there's gigs on CONSTANTLY
    You are so lucky! The nearest for me is the Oxford O2 academy and the only decent band I like that's been there is twenty one pilots (last saturday! *Cries at how good it was*)

OMFG VAMPIRE WEEKEND ARE AMAZING BUT THEY HARDLY EVER COME TO THE UK!! I'm so jealous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    DDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUGHHHH HHHTRRRRRRY!!!!!!!!!!!
    also Cryoshell
    lol after everyone mentioning them i decided to check it out

they have a song called superman

they mentioned lois lane

i'm sold

(as a huge DC fangirl i approve... well batman>superman but still supes is amazing too )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivybridge)
    Foster The People, The XX, The Vaccines, Lana Del Rey and I think we all need to remember Amy Winehouse!
    I love Amy Winehouse- her voice is like gold
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by z33)
    lol after everyone mentioning them i decided to check it out

they have a song called superman

they mentioned lois lane

i'm sold

(as a huge DC fangirl i approve... well batman>superman but still supes is amazing too )
    join the daughtry societ plz!!
    listen to crashed, it is better than waiting for superman, in fact baptised isn't his best album imo,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    You are so lucky! The nearest for me is the Oxford O2 academy and the only decent band I like that's been there is twenty one pilots (last saturday! *Cries at how good it was*)

OMFG VAMPIRE WEEKEND ARE AMAZING BUT THEY HARDLY EVER COME TO THE UK!! I'm so jealous!
    There's just so many gigs I want to go to like Daughter and FIDLAR, but no friends who have the same music taste. :'(

ReputationRep:
    Colton Avery... always a supporting act but never made it big time yet :P

ReputationRep:
    There's just so many gigs I want to go to like Daughter and FIDLAR, but no friends who have the same music taste. :'(
    That sucks so much I like hunt down my friends when I'm trying to get someone to come with me - spotify is great because it shows who listens to their stuff and Facebook likes are also pretty good!

Even if they're not like really into it chances are they'll come unless they only like one song of theirs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    join the daughtry societ plz!!
    listen to crashed, it is better than waiting for superman, in fact baptised isn't his best album imo,
    i really like his voice! it's nice and raspy but can be smooth and clear at the same time. Idk why but his voice kinda reminds me of nickelback X'D that's probably just me and that song lol. i like it though!

ReputationRep:
    I know that feeling, I've had to go to so many concerts alone because none of my friends like the same music ;-;
    I have one to go to alone on Sunday, hopefully I make friends with someone there...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by z33)
    i really like his voice! it's nice and raspy but can be smooth and clear at the same time. Idk why but his voice kinda reminds me of nickelback X'D that's probably just me and that song lol. i like it though!
    :ahee: he has a voice as dreamy as a choir of guinea pig angels standing in a river of custard singing about david tennant and rare birds :angelwings::moon:

ReputationRep:
    Beach House, Cigarettes After Sex, 30s (they're impossible to find via google, if you wanna find them google either Stockholm Syndrome 30s or Sleepyhead 30s) also Shawn Wasabi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rari-Chan)
    I know that feeling, I've had to go to so many concerts alone because none of my friends like the same music ;-;
    I have one to go to alone on Sunday, hopefully I make friends with someone there...
    Omg good luck I couldn't do that because the people there at the band I like would probably trample me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pizzad0gs)
    Beach House, Cigarettes After Sex, 30s (they're impossible to find via google, if you wanna find them google either Stockholm Syndrome 30s or Sleepyhead 30s) also Shawn Wasabi
    I love Beach house I found out about them not long ago

ReputationRep:
    Omg good luck I couldn't do that because the people there at the band I like would probably trample me
    Tbh I'm pretty worried about that, I survived music festivals with friends where we've almost got trampled on but its different alone ;-;
    But Its my favourite band of all time so I guess that makes up for it :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rari-Chan)
    Tbh I'm pretty worried about that, I survived music festivals with friends where we've almost got trampled on but its different alone ;-;
    But Its my favourite band of all time so I guess that makes up for it :3
    Ohh! What band is it???

ReputationRep:
    FRANK ZAPPA!!!

Totally not current but his music is so interesting it's amazing.

https://youtu.be/jKE3ZLj7_V8

Also Scrapomatic have got some lovely blues songs and the lead singer has a distinctive and amazing voice!

ReputationRep:
    Ohh! What band is it???
    The 1975 I've been waiting so long for them to come to my city for so long xD

ReputationRep:
    Lana Del Rey underrated lmao, get out of here, she's popular af and her albums have all reviewed very well :confused:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 22, 2015
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.