Turn on thread page Beta

University of Birmingham A2B Medicine 2016 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dmatb567)
    Thats still good! R u dentistry as well?
    I dne liverpool sheff bristol u?
    Yeah i've applied to dentistry too and Plymouth Manchester and Leeds

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help me with what to write in the support statement section? Am I meant to write why I think that I won't be able to get the standard offer?

ReputationRep:
    Im dentistry applicant have u guys heard anything else from a2b besides an invite to the mock interview?
    #

how'd you find the mock interview today? unfortunately i didn't see you though lol which station did you go to first?

ReputationRep:
    I think it was good and useful! It was a chance to actually have practice for the first time how did u find it? I think i was at the ethics one u?
    I had the Manual dexterity one first and yeah it was quite useful hopefully we get called for real interviews! let me know when you get yours because i'm sure you'll get one

ReputationRep:
    some people who are applying for Dentistry through a2b went Birmingham for some reason or another which im unsure on lol did you go?

I think it was good and useful! It was a chance to actually have practice for the first time how did u find it? I think i was at the ethics one u?

ReputationRep:
    To the medicine students who received real interviews- when did you receive it?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything more regarding a real interview?

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering . Would the interview be the same for standard bham medicine applicants and students who applied through a2b ????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent R5)
    To the medicine students who received real interviews- when did you receive it?
    I was invited some time in December I believe. I think it was early in December.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any offers from birmingham for medicine??? I had my interview at the start of feb and havent heard anythin yet 😕 A2B scheme

ReputationRep:
    'Please note that there is no advantage to attending an interview early. We will analyse the interview scores soon after the first set of interviews in the autumn term. Applicants with a mean score in the top 50% (approximately) will receive an offer. Those with mean scores in the bottom 20% (approximately) will be advised that their applications are unsuccessful. The remainder of the interview candidates will be informed of our decision in mid to late March following analysis of all interview data when the precise threshold overall score can be defined.'

This is from the Birmingham medicine website

Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    have all the dentistry interviews at UoB now finished?

ReputationRep:
    If you meet the criteria are you guaranteed an interview? What are the interview offers based on?

Do you get entered onto the same course just with lower entry requirements+ the extra a2b module? Or does the course contain a foundation year?

Lastly, on the website it says they give two offers; one with the usual offer and another with the A2B offer. Does this count as 2 separate applications to medicine on UCAS. So would this be 2 of the 4 medical schools we would be allowed to apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhaq)
    If you meet the criteria are you guaranteed an interview? What are the interview offers based on?

Do you get entered onto the same course just with lower entry requirements+ the extra a2b module? Or does the course contain a foundation year?

Lastly, on the website it says they give two offers; one with the usual offer and another with the A2B offer. Does this count as 2 separate applications to medicine on UCAS. So would this be 2 of the 4 medical schools we would be allowed to apply for?
    no your not guaranteed an interview, yes you get entered on the same course and lastly no it only takes up 1/4 places in which u can apply for so you can still apply to 3 other medical schools as well as UoB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent R5)
    no your not guaranteed an interview, yes you get entered on the same course and lastly no it only takes up 1/4 places in which u can apply for so you can still apply to 3 other medical schools as well as UoB
    Thank you! Does anyone know if theres a document stating how they process each application? I understand you have to meet criteria but i mean beyond this...

Also are there a certain number of "places" on the a2b scheme. If so, do you know how many applicants there are per place overall or for medicine in particular?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jpw1097)
    I'll PM you
    hi I'm applying for 2018 entry just wondering if Ur still around as I am interested in your stats .

thanks
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 29, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.