Turn on thread page Beta

Boyfriend keeps getting tattoo's which turn me off. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)

I would no lie, tell him to find a conventional girlfriend if he didn't like it and that I'm sorry but I don't like prim and proper anything. I did this with the last guy I dated who tried to get me to shave my armpits - I told him to shave his and we might have a deal!

I am into him, I'm just extremely strong willed and anti-submission. He's ballsy and outspoken too, but in a way that is compatible so that we don't have conflicting attitudes for major things.
    Wow, it's nice that you have your own style, but sad you would react like that just for him giving you his honest opinion. I see this is very important to you, but don't you think it's a bad thing if you can't be honest with each other?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mankytoes)
    Wow, it's nice that you have your own style, but sad you would react like that just for him giving you his honest opinion. I see this is very important to you, but don't you think it's a bad thing if you can't be honest with each other?
    I didn't say I'd silence him - he can say that if he wants. My point is that by saying that he would be asking me to be someone else. And if he wants a certain look, there are many other women in the world that might be more suited to his tastes and maybe I'm not right for him.

He has completely free agency, you know. I would like him to be fully happy and I also want to be with someone who accepts me and loves me for my eccentricities. So far I have no reason to believe that they are mutually exclusive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)
    I didn't say I'd silence him - he can say that if he wants. My point is that by saying that he would be asking me to be someone else. And if he wants a certain look, there are many other women in the world that might be more suited to his tastes and maybe I'm not right for him.

He has completely free agency, you know. I would like him to be fully happy and I also want to be with someone who accepts me and loves me for my eccentricitie. So far I have no reason to believe that they are mutually exclusive.
    I guess we've just got very different views on these things. To give up a relationship over something as superficial as a pierced nipple is not something I can really get my head around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mankytoes)
    I guess we've just got very different views on these things. To give up a relationship over something as superficial as a pierced nipple is not something I can really get my head around.
    I think you probably misunderstand. I wouldnt leave him for that! It's more a statement to say "I'm getting this done - I hope that this makes no difference to our relationship but if you really object to this to the point you no longer find me attractive, perhaps we need to revise our compatibility"

It's not superficial at all; I see it as controlling.

Anyway...different circles/scenes, different values. Its why its sometimes easier to date people who have similar thought processes and beliefs.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.