Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Decided to submit an application last minute. Good luck to everyone that's still waiting to hear back!

ReputationRep:
    me too, just applied before the deadline :badger::badger::badger:

ReputationRep:
    Hey BKSM you received a response by email or was it constant checking on the self service area?

(Original post by BKSM)
    Its Easter mate, you won't get any update. Also, next BOGS meeting is on 3rd May, so that is an ideal date for status change. Any update around mid-end of April, would likely to be a rejection.

ReputationRep:
    Self service first then email.

ReputationRep:
    Despite this (and my already slim chances, to say the least), I can't help but check the self service at least twice a day...:mad:

(Original post by BKSM)
    Its Easter mate, you won't get any update. Also, next BOGS meeting is on 3rd May, so that is an ideal date for status change. Any update around mid-end of April, would likely to be a rejection.

ReputationRep:
    Got some offers and they both sent by email so that's why I asked. The universities all gave deadlines for acceptance (typically a month). Wonder if Cambridge will be accepting before this period lapses :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything yet?

ReputationRep:
    Received an email from graduate office. According to it all decisions will be announced by the end of this week. My status is under consideration by the department. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by camref)
    Has anyone heard anything yet?
    Now it is an appropriate time to hear updates! Only 5 days to the next meeting..mine is still under consideration..

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, do you hear any update? Mine is still under department's consideration.

ReputationRep:
    As someone who will be applying later this year for the 2017 intake, even I am finding your wait nerve-racking!

Could those who get accepted this week please share a bit about their profile/background to give both future applicants and those who were unsuccessful a better idea of what the admissions board are looking for? Any general advice you have might regarding applications would also be much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, was that a generic email or did you ask them for an update?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iwannagotocam)
    Thanks, was that a generic email or did you ask them for an update?
    I sent it to explain my circumstance and ask for a specific update date.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by derik.K)
    Received an email from graduate office. According to it all decisions will be announced by the end of this week. My status is under consideration by the department. Let's keep our fingers crossed!
    Just one day left and still under consideration by the department ! Anyone knows whether they send out rejection first or offer first ?

ReputationRep:
    The office has just confirmed that all decisions from the panel have been made. Will be updated to selfservice shortly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jiayexiao7)
    The office has just confirmed that all decisions from the panel have been make. Will be updated to selfservice shortly.
    Did you make a call to the office? I was just about to phone. Well.. finally. I've been kept waiting all day long. Let's try our luck.

ReputationRep:
    "Awaiting decision by the Board of Graduate Studies"
    YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Still "under consideration by department." Oh well, there's always next year...Congrats to all who were accepted!

ReputationRep:
    under consideration by department

And congrats Phil

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she updates the statues one by one and she went for a coffee break ...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.