Turn on thread page Beta

Girlfriend laughed at me for asking who this guy was.... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentus-anonymous)
    No!

...Wait...w-what is happening? My arm, it goes for my wallet, no! NO! Stop! AAAAHHH!!!! *all the pre-orders* FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--
    Das it mayne

Make sure you sign into Uplay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    This relationship has and is taking its toll on me. My therapist states that perhaps it is an issue with me not being about to love myself or feel lovable. Part of me agrees, but part of me is angry that she has disrespected me this way. I'm conflicted with my emotions, because I actually love her, and rt of me wants to believe I'm overreacting due to my issues, but then I think; why would anyone that knew about me to her level do this to me in such a disrespectful way.

I'm going back and forth in my head and thinking this relationship obviously is destroying me, and I don't necessarily feel all of our problems stem from me

I'm seeing her in a few days time, travelling to see her, so we'll see what happens.

Don't even know how to go forward from this; if I tell her I need space she will start getting all teary/upset tell me she loves me so much and doesn't want to lose me, yet is perfectly okay to have a laugh at me, when I her colleague is right next to her. Said she couldn't talk about who he was to me because she was right near him- because it's awkward. Yeah sure!
    You don't know that. It's possible she'll feel relief to and agree it's for the best. After all you can love someone and realise that it's not meant to be.
    We all eventually have that break up that isn't about lack of love but other circumstances (mental, financial, geographical, etc).

And it's good you perceive some of the problems stem from her. What relief is it to know that the burden of making it work and that failure to do so isn't just you?

Your therapist could be right, or it could simply be how your brain is wired up, either way it'll be easier for you to figure things out without the stress of a faulty relationship.

Up to you OP, but just remember, what's best for you ultimately trumps other concerns. Love is great, but sanity is greater. After all loving someone is worthless if said love is causing you to go nutty-bananas anyway.

(Original post by Studentus-anonymous)
    You don't know that. It's possible she'll feel relief to and agree it's for the best. After all you can love someone and realise that it's not meant to be.
    We all eventually have that break up that isn't about lack of love but other circumstances (mental, financial, geographical, etc).

And it's good you perceive some of the problems stem from her. What relief is it to know that the burden of making it work and that failure to do so isn't just you?

Your therapist could be right, or it could simply be how your brain is wired up, either way it'll be easier for you to figure things out without the stress of a faulty relationship.

Up to you OP, but just remember, what's best for you ultimately trumps other concerns. Love is great, but sanity is greater. After all loving someone is worthless if said love is causing you to go nutty-bananas anyway.
    Do you mean to say, it may be a possiblity shell agree to let me end it mutually to absolve a potential sense of guilt?

My therapist could be right, and has been right about a few things, however, that doesn't take away the disrespect she's hurled my way (in any case).

It's just tonight, I felt something snap inside me and I feel I've seen her on a whole new level (no the good sort), and I'm not sure I have the resilience of energy to carry on with things. I'm currently sat on here while listening to music; logged out of all social media channels/messenger and have my phone on silent because i just cant Bring myself to chat with her. I can't even process it. Trouble is, I have no hobbies outside work and my job sucks! Life is rubbish right now.

I sat trying to rationalise, as I'm sure me being pissy is acceptable when someone laughs at you.

Thanks again

ReputationRep:
    You need to lay down the rules from the start to avoid this nonsense. You need to set boundaries with the woman or she will press on them.

Make it clear she does not speak to other guys in any way that is not strictly platonic and if you catch even a hint of it you must excercise strong disiplinary procedures and make it clear it's unacceptable behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Do you mean to say, it may be a possiblity shell agree to let me end it mutually to absolve a potential sense of guilt?

My therapist could be right, and has been right about a few things, however, that doesn't take away the disrespect she's hurled my way (in any case).

It's just tonight, I felt something snap inside me and I feel I've seen her on a whole new level (no the good sort), and I'm not sure I have the resilience of energy to carry on with things. I'm currently sat on here while listening to music; logged out of all social media channels/messenger and have my phone on silent because i just cant Bring myself to chat with her. I can't even process it. Trouble is, I have no hobbies outside work and my job sucks! Life is rubbish right now.

I sat trying to rationalise, as I'm sure me being pissy is acceptable when someone laughs at you.

Thanks again
    Yup.

And sounds like you recognise the major stressor here and you are willing to make the hard choices. Awesome!

As for hobbies, a post-split sounds like ripe ground for cultivating some. depending on the hobbies you come across and find to your liking you may discover they help level you out, make you feel better up in the noggin, and generally a less stressed and unhappy person.

Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Mal)
    uuuuuu tell 'em hunnay
    lmfao!! As for you Tom Jickleson your saying boys are stronger than girls, sorry to say mate but go back and do some more research because i'm pretty sure there are loads of girl wrestlers out there who beat guys, also i'm some girls are more strong than boys!! Just because you have met weak girls dont automatically assume every girl in this world is!

ReputationRep:
    Just ask her whats with the atitude

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2015
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.