Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Are there women who aren't feminists? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starvation13)
    Always wondered.... :confused:
    muslim women.
    because theres no womens rights in Islam. For example a women is stoned to death if she is raped. And disgraceful digusting stuff like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vaktwnly)
    Lol, this is moronic.

Aside from this, why is one expected to be a feminist just because one is a woman? This sounds like absolute nonsense to me, as if you should only want "equal rights" when it affects your group.
    Yes because they seek to brainwash all females hence you are expected to be a feminist, but no one has to be a feminist for women to get rights which they are rationally entitled to, feminism is a self serving and anti male movement, their actions clearly prove this.

People who can not see this are reallyignorant or choose to ignore it because they support it but pretend feminism is about equally. Feminists are vile and sinister.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidMIliband)
    muslim women.
    because theres no womens rights in Islam. For example a women is stoned to death if she is raped. And disgraceful digusting stuff like that
    I think you are mistaken I'm pretty sure there are women in Saudi Arabia who try and improve the lives of Muslim women in Saudi Arabia. Sure there are definetly atrocities that occur but let's not pretend there are not Muslim women trying to make a change.

ReputationRep:
    Idiots

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivy.98)
    Because I believe that we are in fact, different. Why would I want to be equal to a man? I'm not a man. And saying that women are equal to men suggests that women are less otherwise. We are designed and programmed differently, for different tasks (evolution-wise). There are jobs that we can both do with the same efficiency, and there are ones that suit better one sex or another.
    I don't think you have a clear understanding of Feminism then. Of course women are not identical to men, however they should be entitled to the same rights(which they mostly are in Western countries) and the same social/political freedom as men. I don't understand how any woman can disagree with this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teenhorrorstory)
    I don't think you have a clear understanding of Feminism then. Of course women are not identical to men, however they should be entitled to the same rights(which they mostly are in Western countries) and the same social/political freedom as men. I don't understand how any person can disagree with this.
    2 chars

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidMIliband)
    muslim women.
    That's honor killing and is a cultural thing, it is not part of Islam. I'm just gonna refute that point, but I'm not going into a debate about your first 2 sentences, it's your opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrangeBanana)
    Do you speak for all women?

No?

Then pipe down.
    I wasn't speaking for all women like I said every woman educated on feminism would be a feminist. If your not educated on it and you believe stereotypes rather then educating yourself then you won't believe in feminism as some people give it a bad name.

ReputationRep:
    Because I believe that we are in fact, different. Why would I want to be equal to a man? I'm not a man. And saying that women are equal to men suggests that women are less otherwise. We are designed and programmed differently, for different tasks (evolution-wise). There are jobs that we can both do with the same efficiency, and there are ones that suit better one sex or another.
    The idea that men and women are equal doesn't mean that men and women are the same in every respect etc. Women and men are different but they are equal. Meaning neither is beneath or above the other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobbyFlay)
    Feminism is a social movement.

One which has blatantly supports idiotic campaigns such as #Killallwhitemen or Ban Bossy, it uses statistics that have been thoroughly disproved such as the wage gap, has consistently blamed every issue on 'patriarchy' and at large does not advocate men's rights but parades under the banner of equality.

I personally advocate for equality across the board, for a true egalitarian society and I believe feminism is not the way to do it.
    I don't know what sort of feminism you are talking about simply because it's not feminism. If someone tells you they are a feminist but believe men are evil or that women are better then they are not feminists. It's like saying your a vegetarian and then eating meat, it doesn't work out. Feminism is simple the belief that men and women should be equal. Real feminists fight for equal pay, to be treated fairly, etc. feminists also fight for male rights for example how women can get away with things for example rape, abuse it also is a fight for male rights too, I too am an egalitarian but I feel like being a feminist is apart of that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilylf)
    I don't know what sort of feminism you are talking about simply because it's not feminism. If someone tells you they are a feminist but believe men are evil or that women are better then they are not feminists. It's like saying your a vegetarian and then eating meat, it doesn't work out. Feminism is simple the belief that men and women should be equal. Real feminists fight for equal pay, to be treated fairly, etc. feminists also fight for male rights for example how women can get away with things for example rape, abuse it also is a fight for male rights too, I too am an egalitarian but I feel like being a feminist is apart of that.
    Sounds a lot like a No True Scotsman...

ReputationRep:
    Sounds a lot like a No True Scotsman...
    Well no feminist believes that one gender is better then the other because that's not feminism. I know that you think my logic is wrong according to what you said but to be a feminist it means to believe in equality, it's the definition..

ReputationRep:
    Equal and different are not antonyms.

ReputationRep:
    Well no feminist believes that one gender is better then the other because that's not feminism. I know that you think my logic is wrong according to what you said but to be a feminist it means to believe in equality, it's the definition..
    You still fail to see that social movements can be defined as anything, what matters is the actions of the movement as a whole.
    Are you speaking for all feminists in the world?

ReputationRep:
    Women who are non feminists are the best of women but women who are feminists are repulsive.

ReputationRep:
    Q. What do you call a woman that isn't a feminist?

A. Your future wife.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You still fail to see that social movements can be defined as anything, what matters is the actions of the movement as a whole.
    Are you speaking for all feminists in the world?
    How can they? Like I said before you cannot be a vegetarian and eat meat. You cannot be a feminist if you don't believe in equality. You can call yourself a feminist but in reality you're not. A feminist believes in equality it's simple.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly i would identify as a feminist, but since im strongly against abortion i would just feel like a hypocrite if I identified as a feminist.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think this woman below is a feminist. Do you see her smiling?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped..._retouched.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How can they? Like I said before you cannot be a vegetarian and eat meat. You cannot be a feminist if you don't believe in equality. You can call yourself a feminist but in reality you're not. A feminist believes in equality it's simple.
    Vegetarian isn't a movement though it is a lifestyle. It's the actions of a movement that define itself

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.