Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If he's dead then he died way too quickly for the amount of suffering he caused to others.

He deserved the most excruciating pain imaginable to man, but he got off with being blown to smithereens in seconds. If we'd got him alive we could have at least gone medieval on his sorry, Allah-worshipping ass.

ReputationRep:
    I'd have thought maybe we could have taken the moral high ground and not caused more bloodshed and caught him alive. One point I'd like to add: if so much effort has been put into tracking down this one man, why couldn't the same have been put in to save the people he killed?

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe people believe this rubbish. Get some random terrorist name him so people feel like we have a physical threat we can actively combat, helps them feel much securer. For a few weeks over publicise the guy and let everyone have their two minutes hate before he ends up magically dead a few weeks later and we can give ourselves a pat on the back. 1984 anybody?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Rad Prince)
    Attachment 477705

He looks like such a chav, I can't get over it :rofl:

m8 i will hit u wiv a jihad cuz im propa hardcore

get sum virgins innit
    Yeh! reppin "Maida Vale", Maida Vale of all places, :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Sad day for Muslims everywhere... Jk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParisInc.)
    Can't believe people believe this rubbish. Get some random terrorist name him so people feel like we have a physical threat we can actively combat, helps them feel much securer. For a few weeks over publicise the guy and let everyone have their two minutes hate before he ends up magically dead a few weeks later and we can give ourselves a pat on the back. 1984 anybody?
    10/10 book. You nailed it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    10/10 book. You nailed it
    Bad book, great political piece.

ReputationRep:
    Bad book, great political piece.
    Did you not enjoy how a book written decades ago is relevant today?

ReputationRep:
    Did you not enjoy how a book written decades ago is relevant today?
    The ideas /themes etc. make it amazing, the actual style of writing, characterisation etc. are the downfall of the novel

ReputationRep:
    The ideas /themes etc. make it amazing, the actual style of writing, characterisation etc. are the downfall of the novel
    Fair enough. I thought the idea outweighed any other factors though, and I didn't find the writing style too bad.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough. I thought the idea outweighed any other factors though, and I didn't find the writing style too bad.
    I understand what you mean, it's lasted this long and is relevant to nearly everything we see in the news these days, something I find so ironic since everyone thinks 1984 is a frightening look into the future of society... it's the present

ReputationRep:
    I understand what you mean, it's lasted this long and is relevant to nearly everything we see in the news these days, something I find so ironic since everyone thinks 1984 is a frightening look into the future of society... it's the present
    Ironic definitely: the citizens didn't realise what was already upon them

ReputationRep:
    Ironic definitely: the citizens didn't realise what was already upon them
    It's sad and funny really

ReputationRep:
    Dohohohoho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasaminO_o)
    : if so much effort has been put into tracking down this one man, why couldn't the same have been put in to save the people he killed?
    Perhaps you can explain how a missile from a drone could have saved the people he beheaded, remembering to include an account of how this missile could be fired at people who would have moved substantially between the time of the beheadings and the time of the publication of the ISIS video announcing them.

ReputationRep:
    So you're claiming that Emwazi was actually an agent provocateur of British intelligence? Do you have any actual evidence for this or is it just a product of a fevered imagination and a paranoid disposition?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woIfie)
    Jeremy Corbyn has made a statement;

It seems that Corbyn's Labour colleagues have prevailed on him not to come out with another statement like he did after Bin Laden's death calling it a "tragedy". But I wonder what this says about JC's vaunted so-called principles (of course I don't think much of them after finding out about his taking £20,000 from the royal house of Qatar, but I do wonder how his supporters can continue to believe that he is a man who never goes against his principles)
    That's pretty much the exact same statement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by United1892)
    That's pretty much the exact same statement.
    I'm not so sure. Corbyn has said that Emwazi was "held accountable" by the drone strike. I simply cannot envisage him saying something like that before he became leader. In his statement, while he expresses a preference for him to have been arrested and tried, he is effectively saying that justice has been served.

That is a universe apart from saying that Bin Laden's death was a tragedy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woIfie)
    I'm not so sure. Corbyn has said that Emwazi was "held accountable" by the drone strike. I simply cannot envisage him saying something like that before he became leader. In his statement, while he expresses a preference for him to have been arrested and tried, he is effectively saying that justice has been served.

That is a universe apart from saying that Bin Laden's death was a tragedy
    His comment was it was a tragedy that Bin Laden died without trial.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by United1892)
    His comment was it was a tragedy that Bin Laden died without trial.
    He doesn't seem to be of the same opinion with Emwazi. He didn't use the word tragedy, he merely said it was preferable. In fact, he specifically said that Emwazi had been "held to account".

This is a clear shift in his position. Do you think Emwazi has been "held to account"? And if Bin Laden was "held to account", then surely that's a pretty good outcome?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.