Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

2016 Medicine Rejection Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mdeal132)
    No not yet, but they said they have updated my course code to medical sciences
    Did you ask them to do that? Or did it change directly, before you asked them to be considered for the transfer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BristolFresher15)
    Did you ask them to do that? Or did it change directly, before you asked them to be considered for the transfer?
    No it was after I had asked to be considered, but nothing has changed on track yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No it was after I had asked to be considered, but nothing has changed on track yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It just changed, it's an offer for medical sciences

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It just changed, it's an offer for medical sciences

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah okay. Even though its not your first choice; congrats then Are you waiting for any other decisions? I still have no changes on mine. I regret putting Exeter as my fifth choice for Biomed as well. Should have done it to another uni that has the possibility of transferring into Medicine like Newcastle. If my rejection does end up being final then that 5th choice was a waste :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BristolFresher15)
    Ah okay. Even though its not your first choice; congrats then Are you waiting for any other decisions? I still have no changes on mine. I regret putting Exeter as my fifth choice for Biomed as well. Should have done it to another uni that has the possibility of transferring into Medicine like Newcastle. If my rejection does end up being final then that 5th choice was a waste :/
    Thank you!Yeah Durham and then UCL for biochem. I'm sure it won't come to that! We'll Just have to wait over xmas 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!Yeah Durham and then UCL for biochem. I'm sure it won't come to that! We'll Just have to wait over xmas 😩
    Yup! The wait is awful :/

ReputationRep:
    Rejected from UCL

ReputationRep:
    Bye UCL

ReputationRep:
    Rejected from Hull York but I wasn't surprised

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolkid17)
    Rejected from UCL
    So sorry to hear that! Did they tell you why they rejected you?
    Im also waiting patiently for my UCL but my bmat score is so low i have a lower chance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumeyyatontus)
    Post interview rejection from Plymouth.... That's 2 rejections now! But I think my Hull York interview went really well, a lot better than Plymouth, and I still have a Manchester interview in January so fingers crossed I get an offer somewhere
    That's a great attitude and I hope you get an offer from the others! Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack354)
    Still not heard from KCL, but got an interview from Birmingham. expecting a rejection now.
    What is your UKCAT and other stats if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't heard from any of my unis, does this mean I'm unsuccessful automatically? I heard they give out most interviews before christmas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hmg1994)
    I still haven't heard from any of my unis, does this mean I'm unsuccessful automatically? I heard they give out most interviews before christmas.
    No, it doesn't XD What unis have you applied to, some haven't started giving out interviews yet

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Queen Marys, Brighton, Keele and Leicester.

I'm starting to get worried :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FutureMedic97)
    What is your UKCAT and other stats if you don't mind me asking?
    Ukcat: 692.5 B2
    Gcse: 9 A*s 3 As
    AS: 4 As
    A2 predicted: A*AA with predicted A* EPQ

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollyt93)
    Just so you sort of know when to expect them, last year I received rejections from:
    St Andrews (first week in December)
    Dundee (the week before christmas)
    Glasgow (not until February!)

Didn't get interviews for any of them, I think normally most medical schools start giving out interviews now and the majority of them give out all of their interviews before christmas, but there are a few exceptions
    Wait so you didn't hear a rejection back from Glasgow until February! I've got/had interviews for my others and I'm still waiting for Glasgow... Do you still think they will give interviews out now??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JS98)
    Wait so you didn't hear a rejection back from Glasgow until February! I've got/had interviews for my others and I'm still waiting for Glasgow... Do you still think they will give interviews out now??
    Sorry to disappoint you, but they mentioned at their interview in December that the interviews hold in Feb will be for those can't make their December interview and international student only. I could be wrong though.

ReputationRep:
    Just had an email from Plymouth asking me to apply for Physicians Assistant. So three rejections (Plymouth, St Georges, Nottingham) One interview at Exeter...so here is hoping. Will consider PA if I don't make it next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyra1987)
    Just had an email from Plymouth asking me to apply for Physicians Assistant. So three rejections (Plymouth, St Georges, Nottingham) One interview at Exeter...so here is hoping. Will consider PA if I don't make it next year.
    I am sorry to hear that. What was your UKCAT, if you don't mind me asking? Good luck with your interview at Exeter!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2017
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.