Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AMA because I need something to spice up my boring life watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyou)
    Inequality and how selfish humans can be.
    By Googling the things you are angry about and 'campaign', you might find like-minded people. Do you care enough to try to find a campaign body that is aligned with your views and help them, perhaps by writing articles for them or doing some research online?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidMIliband)
    Hiya, how are you babe, is that ur real pic, im feeling horny, link up with me, pm me. Do u suck **** can i *** in ur mouth or ass, or pussy. ***** lol
    Nice offer David, however I'd have to decline. It seems you're still salty at losing the Labour Leadership to good ol' Ed ain't ya?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simes)
    By Googling the things you are angry about and 'campaign', you might find like-minded people. Do you care enough to try to find a campaign body that is aligned with your views and help them, perhaps by writing articles for them or doing some research online?
    I try and research hard statistics about the extent of inequality in our society due to my EPQ, which is related to it. Also, if I have time I'd love to, although my writing probably wouldn't suffice.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried reading for fun? It may sound boring but I don't know what opportunities you have to spice up your life (money/location wise). I live vicariously through characters in books during my studies when I don't have much free time. I saw you like science, have you read Chris Hadfield's book it's really inspirational. Wordery do a free book giveaway thread too, I've got one on there (I never win anything) in case you think you never win!

If it makes you feel better, most people aren't doing anything exciting with their lives. 80% of what you read on Facebook and things is just people telling you what they want you to believe so take it with a pinch of salt. (If they're having so much fun drinking or traveling or in their relationship, why do you need to Facebook about it? Why not be busy being happy?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georg Hegel)
    Have you tried reading for fun? It may sound boring but I don't know what opportunities you have to spice up your life (money/location wise). I live vicariously through characters in books during my studies when I don't have much free time. I saw you like science, have you read Chris Hadfield's book it's really inspirational. Wordery do a free book giveaway thread too, I've got one on there (I never win anything) in case you think you never win!

If it makes you feel better, most people aren't doing anything exciting with their lives. 80% of what you read on Facebook and things is just people telling you what they want you to believe so take it with a pinch of salt. (If they're having so much fun drinking or traveling or in their relationship, why do you need to Facebook about it? Why not be busy being happy?)
    Yeah I used to be a BIG reader, maybe I should pick up some new books soon. Have any suggestions within the fantasy genre?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyou)
    Yeah I used to be a BIG reader, maybe I should pick up some new books soon. Have any suggestions within the fantasy genre?
    Definitely take up reading again then! It's great escapism. Have you read the Game of Thrones series?? Book 1 is the best one. It's long but each chapter is a character's POV so I just saw it as a collection of interwoven short stories so it was less intimidating. Terry Pratchett is amazing too, really witty. Mort is my favourite. Neil Gaiman and Ursula Le Guin write good fantasy apparently but I'm not sure if they would be 'sci-fi'. Hmmmm. Have you read any by Tolkein? He's a good classic.

Brave New World might be worth a try too? Technically it's fantasy and it might be helpful if you have a conversation about ethics in science.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyou)
    Nice offer David, however I'd have to decline. It seems you're still salty at losing the Labour Leadership to good ol' Ed ain't ya?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Wow can't believe you declined a free banana.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely take up reading again then! It's great escapism. Have you read the Game of Thrones series?? Book 1 is the best one. It's long but each chapter is a character's POV so I just saw it as a collection of interwoven short stories so it was less intimidating. Terry Pratchett is amazing too, really witty. Mort is my favourite. Neil Gaiman and Ursula Le Guin write good fantasy apparently but I'm not sure if they would be 'sci-fi'. Hmmmm. Have you read any by Tolkein? He's a good classic.

Brave New World might be worth a try too? Technically it's fantasy and it might be helpful if you have a conversation about ethics in science.
    I've read a lot of Tolkien, but have yet to pick up the Smithsonian. Thanks for the suggestions!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simes)
    I'm bored of my avatar. What could I change it to that's a bit, to use a term that is age-inappropriate for me, 'edgy'?
    I'm regretting changing it from this Name:  Charlie.png
Views: 32
Size:  9.0 KB already. :-(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simes)
    I'm regretting changing it from this Name:  Charlie.png
Views: 32
Size:  9.0 KB already. :-(
    You must change it back, the avatar was your staple. You must never change it again lest you go astray from the path of edginess

ReputationRep:
    Although very different, George Orwell's 1984 goes with Brave New World. Both are essential reading, when one is ready to read them.

Both will change how you think about society for the rest of your life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyou)
    You must change it back, the avatar was your staple. You must never change it again lest you go astray from the path of edginess
    I can say in all honesty "I have been to the edge and I looked down".

It made me afraid.

Thank you for releasing me.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.