Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

"Shootings" reported in central Paris. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    It couldn't possibly be a Muslim because Islam is the religion of peace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i<3milkshake)
    if it is a terrorist attack by Muslims who cares? I don't. I know full well that;
    1) It wasn't really Islam (see the no true Scotsman argument)
    2) Muslims are the victims when they face a backlash (the real victims are ignored)
    3) That another one will happen again.
    4) Despite point 3 Merkel, Hollande and call me Dave will continue importing Muslims when the current number is already too high. And when Turkey joins the EU along with this existing migrant crisis god help us.

And last, but most importantly;

5) The sheeple will moan but not do anything. They will continue voting for the same old parties. And nothing will change. There won't even be any protests, nothing.
    Diversity is great - diversity of dead and living in the same city! Multicultre ftw! :ahee:

ReputationRep:

5) The sheeple will moan but not do anything. They will continue voting for the same old parties. And nothing will change. There won't even be any protests, nothing.
    Maybe true in the UK, but not France. Remember the 2 million on the streets after Charlie Hebdo?

ReputationRep:
    If a white kid shoots people in the US it makes headline news.

When black and Mexican kids shoot someone then it makes no news even though they are responsible for huge numbers of crime and in particular shootings, much more than their numbers should suggest.

Why bring race into this? No idea why people do to be honest.
    Do you wanna read what I said after I made that post? I wasn't actually saying the shooter could be white. Blimey what's wrong with people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Novascope)
    Do you wanna read what I said after I made that post? I wasn't actually saying the shooter could be white. Blimey what's wrong with people.
    I was referring to the general argument people make when discussing this, I didn't see your posts.

ReputationRep:
    I guess it's okay for people to make assumptions of the shooter being Muslim before it's been announced, but God forbid you say (as sarcasm to show the stupidity of making assumptions and generalisations) that it could be a white man.

ReputationRep:
    "Atleast 18 people dead, Shooting is ongoing"

ReputationRep:
    Let's not give credit to ISIS please... -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johann von Gauss)
    Diversity is great - diversity of dead and living in the same city! Multicultre ftw! :ahee:
    I am going to ask you which groups do this kind of thing in Europe-terrorise people and generally attack civilised life.

Atheists.
    Agnostics.
    Buddhists.
    Christians.
    Hindus.
    Sikhs.
    Muslims.
    Jews.
    Followers of Shinto.

Most of the above actually exist peacefully together. Multiculturalism is not the problem here, just one culture is? Perhaps? All the other cultures accept Multiculturalism.

ReputationRep:
    I am going to ask you which groups do this kind of thing in Europe-terrorise people and generally attack civilised life.

Atheists.
    Agnostics.
    Buddhists.
    Christians.
    Hindus.
    Sikhs.
    Muslims.
    Jews.
    Followers of Shinto.

Most of the above actually exist peacefully together. Multiculturalism is not the problem here, just one culture is? Perhaps? All the other cultures accept Multiculturalism.
    IRA, Right wing groups, Russian rebels.

ReputationRep:

Atheists.
    Agnostics.
    Buddhists.
    Christians.
    Hindus.
    Sikhs.
    Muslims.
    Jews.
    Followers of Shinto.

Evil Buddhists, most violent bunch of them all

ReputationRep:
    religion of peace

ReputationRep:
    I personally would like to hear facts first before making assumptions. What does you assuming it's a Muslim even bring to the table? What difference does that make? I never once said that people killing in the name of Islam is okay. I just have a problem with people assuming and generalising ALL muslims, when it's a bloody obvious fact that not all Muslims are terrorists. The Muslims that do carry out these acts are an incredibly small percentage of the population of Muslims in this world. How ****ing thick are you?
    The reason why I make the assumption that they are Muslim without any proof is to outline the fact that this has gotten to such a high scale that I can guess blindly and still be proven right. Nothing happens and nothing changes, something has to give and once people can recognise that we can figure out what it is. Answer me this honestly 100%, Why did the gunman do it? I don't know is not a valid answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    'SHOOTING IS SAID TO BE CONTINUING' ****ing hell
    I for one am absolutely sick of this. Sick to my back teeth. Good people are being butchered, murdered, in their own countries.

You get what you vote for. Hopefully people now will finally learn this.

ReputationRep:
    Haha CLASSIC line. "Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims." Do some research on terrorism, and learn that it's not only committed by Muslims.

I guess back when the IRA were operating it would be perfectly fine to say that all terrorists are Irish? Get the **** out of here lol.
    You do realise the IRA weren't committing terrorism in the name of religion, yes? It was nationalism, which happened to also be divided by religion....

ReputationRep:
    Actually no, this time I'm going to be the adult of this situation and instead of wondering about the killer I'll think about the victims. I emplore you to follow my example from now on in this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonny360)
    It couldn't possibly be a Muslim because Islam is the religion of peace.
    (Original post by Fat Rudeboi)
    religion of peace
    Today in the news a Muslim woman was pushed in front of a train. She somehow managed to survive.

After these attacks I imagine that the above will be happening much more often. I suspect that people will not be feeling very peaceful toward the (entirely self-proclaimed) religion of peace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    IRA, Right wing groups, Russian rebels.
    Islam is the predominant religion in Chechnya.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chechnya#Demographics

ReputationRep:
    Or it's a "crazy" white guy again. They're always up to that sort of ****.
    That's a really stupid comment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billydisco)
    You do realise the IRA weren't committing terrorism in the name of religion, yes? It was nationalism, which happened to also be divided by religion....

They were still branded as terrorists though. Terrorism isn't only defined by religion. I mean if the British Government themselves branded the IRA as terrorists why are you arguing? You completely missed my point, I used them as an example for how stupid it is to say all terrorists are Muslims, because back when the IRA were around people probably weren't saying all terrorists are Irish.

(Original post by MrKmas508)
    The reason why I make the assumption that they are Muslim without any proof is to outline the fact that this has gotten to such a high scale that I can guess blindly and still be proven right. Nothing happens and nothing changes, something has to give and once people can recognise that we can figure out what it is. Answer me this honestly 100%, Why did the gunman do it? I don't know is not a valid answer.
    Look I don't know why the gunman did it. You're still not getting my point. I'm heartbroken by this news. I have not once said that I condone Muslim terrorists or support them. I simply showed that I find it ignorant to assume and generalise...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 22, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.