Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Pembroke applicants 2016 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 8752)
    Don't worry, I'm sure you'll hear soon. I think they only just started sending them out last Friday.
    Cheers m8, just heard from them, my interview is on the 10th

ReputationRep:
    Interview for Engineering on the 7th!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannah110)
    Interview for Engineering on the 7th!!!
    Congrats!!! who are ur interviewer? also have u got any idea what the bloody pre-admission test is like? (ie past papers???)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xijinping)
    Congrats!!! who are ur interviewer? also have u got any idea what the bloody pre-admission test is like? (ie past papers???)
    Thank you!!! Dr Guillaume Hennequin and professor Andrea Ferrari, and no I can't find anything on the pre-admissions 'questions before interview' test without calling it a test 😂 Absolutely no clue what that's all about......👍🏻

ReputationRep:
    interview for Natsci on the 11th with Warren Galloway and Dr Mikhelm (a genetics professor). Anyone else got these guys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaddy_Dee)
    My best friend got an interview for Chemistry today. She got reallocated from Balliol (no surprise there). I'm still waiting to hear from Somerville, but thought I'd drop by and say good luck to all of you!
    Why did you say "no surprise there"? Is Balliol is popular? I'm hoping I get an interview for Biomed but there are only 2-3 places. :-s
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Daisy May)
    Why did you say "no surprise there"? Is Balliol is popular? I'm hoping I get an interview for Biomed but there are only 2-3 places. :-s
    This is the Cambridge Pembroke thread...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    This is the Cambridge Pembroke thread...
    I KNOW, I'm just asking why they weren't surprised their friend was reallocated from BALLIOL (in OXFORD).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisy may)
    i know, i'm just asking why they weren't surprised their friend was reallocated from balliol (in oxford).
    Ah, THAT MAKES SENSE

ReputationRep:
    Anybody interested in sharing a cab to Cambridge from Heathrow? My daughter and I are arriving on Dec. 8 at 3pm. Also, Cambridge to Heathrow on Dec. 9 at around 3:30pm.

ReputationRep:
    Percypig17 I've got the same! And on the 11th as well. Isn't it Dr Micklem though? What time is your interview?

ReputationRep:
    M8, no one in this thread knows anything about oxford admission process...... dont waste ur time here

ReputationRep:
    Balliol is ridiculously oversuscribed. Probably because of Harry Potter lol... Don't worry, though. The pool system will just allocate you to another college if there are too many applicants and not enough spaces to give everyone an equal chance

ReputationRep:
    Hey, yeah you're right it is haha. My first interview is at 12:15 and the second is at 1:30. How about you? And what are you doing to prepare?

(Original post by fourmi)
    Percypig17 I've got the same! And on the 11th as well. Isn't it Dr Micklem though? What time is your interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaddy_Dee)
    Balliol is ridiculously oversuscribed. Probably because of Harry Potter lol... Don't worry, though. The pool system will just allocate you to another college if there are too many applicants and not enough spaces to give everyone an equal chance
    Thanks for your reply. I've got an interview at Balliol ! I'll go back to the Oxford applicants' thread now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Percypig17)
    Hey, yeah you're right it is haha. My first interview is at 12:15 and the second is at 1:30. How about you? And what are you doing to prepare?
    Mine is earlier, the first is at 10:30 and the second at 11:45.
    Well, I don't really know what to do to prepare, I had some practice interviews with my teachers and I'm just generally revising the things I mentioned in my personal statement and AS stuff... What about you? And what A-levels are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, does anyone know if we get emailed as well as a letter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExtraTimeOwnGoal)
    Hi everyone, does anyone know if we get emailed as well as a letter?
    We do not get emailed unless you are international but you can request an e-mail from the 12th!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan\)
    We do not get emailed unless you are international but you can request an e-mail from the 12th!
    ah, okay. Could you give me a reference where it says that please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExtraTimeOwnGoal)
    ah, okay. Could you give me a reference where it says that please?
    I e-mailed them myself and it also says re: e-mailing on their twitter.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.