Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Government Statement on the Paris Terrorist Attacks watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    There you have it… I hope that people will finally wake up and realise what they've done and allowed to be done to Europe and take it back! I also hope that this encounter with the worst of human scum will make you, my colleagues, reconsider capital punishment.
    That's basically finishing off the ones that have already prepared themselves for death. What is needed is an attack at the source to destroy them.
    It's like trying to cut off a weed - you need to go to the root and cut it out once and for all.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I commend the government.

Mr Speaker, the Caliphate has been allowed to exist too long. The time for action is now and I call on the government to deploy the army to Syria immediately, there is no doubt that the French will join us.
    Hear Hear ;
    We have allowed a turly disgusting and evil caliphate to exist for to long . We need direct actions . I call on the government to do the right thing send troops into Syria . The USA and France will likely support us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    Hear Hear ;
    We have allowed a turly disgusting and evil caliphate to exist for to long . We need direct actions . I call on the government to do the right thing send troops into Syria . The USA and France will likely support us
    Yes, and create a fantastic opportunity for Isis to go 'Look, young alienated Western Muslims! Your country's soldiers are killing Muslims in Syria! Why don't you go and put a bomb on the Tube/in a restaurant/in a sports venue?'.

ReputationRep:
    Terrible shame what has happened in Paris. Murderers.

(Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Yes, and create a fantastic opportunity for Isis to go 'Look, young alienated Western Muslims! Your country's soldiers are killing Muslims in Syria! Why don't you go and put a bomb on the Tube/in a restaurant/in a sports venue?'.
    Because they don't have them doing that already :rolleyes:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by United1892)
    Terrible shame what has happened in Paris. Murderers.

Because they don't have them doing that already :rolleyes:.
    Exactly. We can't afford for it to be happening even more.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. We can't afford for it to be happening even more.
    With all due respect, I would rather have a few more terrorist attacks here than let them rule their own country. I'd also point out it won't end until we get rid of the source.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Urgh, troops on the group won't work. It is impossible to kill everyone in Isis without massive civilian casualties and even if you did all you will get is another radicalised generation who hates the west but has even more powerful wepons. Peace is the only answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by United1892)
    With all due respect, I would rather have a few more terrorist attacks here than let them rule their own country. I'd also point out it won't end until we get rid of the source.
    I think the best way to go about getting rid of the source is to ramp up funding and training to those fighting them, to bomb them to within an inch of their lives, and to engage as a society with those most vulnerable to radicalisation - ie, our own young Muslims - in order to try and steer them away from the clutches of Isis. That, by the way, includes those on the right making an effort not to tar all Muslims with the same 'terrorist' brush. Afghanistan proves that military action can be counter effective , and it has to be remembered that Syria and Iraq is a much more complicated situation than Afghanistan - in Syria at least you have multiple unco-ordinated groups fighting Isis and each other, and in both you have a large section of the population that is very sympathetic to Isis, because in practical terms in a lot of areas Isis has governed better than anyone else in living memory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Toy Gun)
    The British Empire shall never fall!!! Her Majesty The Queen and her godly powers as the Supreme Governor of The Church of England and Defender of the Faith will protect us!
    WTF lmao :rofl:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I think the best way to go about getting rid of the source is to ramp up funding and training to those fighting them, to bomb them to within an inch of their lives, and to engage as a society with those most vulnerable to radicalisation - ie, our own young Muslims - in order to try and steer them away from the clutches of Isis. That, by the way, includes those on the right making an effort not to tar all Muslims with the same 'terrorist' brush. Afghanistan proves that military action can be counter effective , and it has to be remembered that Syria and Iraq is a much more complicated situation than Afghanistan - in Syria at least you have multiple unco-ordinated groups fighting Isis and each other, and in both you have a large section of the population that is very sympathetic to Isis, because in practical terms in a lot of areas Isis has governed better than anyone else in living memory.
    Whooaa there, hold your ****ing horses.
    ISIS has governed better than anyone else?
    I'm not sure about Syria but men like Gaddafi and Hussein were necessary evils: they kept Islamic extremists out, kept their countries stable between opposing groups e.g. Sunni & shiites and although they weren't necessarily democratic, most people were fairly happy with their living conditions. After the Americans stuck their noses in, of course, that all went to ****.

ReputationRep:
    As bad as this terrorist attack was, it doesn't matter if we radicalise more because we can win.

We must enter Sryia and bring peace. We've tried it your way for years and the result has been anarchy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMcGovern)
    Whooaa there, hold your ****ing horses.
    ISIS has governed better than anyone else?
    I'm not sure about Syria but men like Gaddafi and Hussein were necessary evils: they kept Islamic extremists out, kept their countries stable between opposing groups e.g. Sunni & shiites and although they weren't necessarily democratic, most people were fairly happy with their living conditions. After the Americans stuck their noses in, of course, that all went to ****.
    The core issue here is that democracy alone is not enough. Lets stop viewing this inferior culture on a par with our own and remove Islam from the government, enforce a secular constitution on them and educate the children of these nations to teach them western values.

Call me an imperialist, but these people would have been better off if we'd never left.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    The core issue here is that democracy alone is not enough. Lets stop viewing this inferior culture on a par with our own and remove Islam from the government, enforce a secular constitution on them and educate the children of these nations to teach them western values.

Call me an imperialist, but these people would have been better off if we'd never left.
    That's a bit extreme: what we need is better education on what's going on in the East, especially for young Muslims, so they aren't indoctrinated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMcGovern)
    That's a bit extreme: what we need is better education on what's going on in the East, especially for young Muslims, so they aren't indoctrinated.
    Unfortunately most people think like yourself.

So long as people lack the resolve to do what is necessary (even if extreme), these things will never change.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

Extreme islam should be removed of the face of the earth
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    The threat level is pretty much constantly under review by JTAC, since it is their job to set it based on the definitions of the threat levels, if there is no intelligence suggesting that an attack is imminent there is no reason why it should be put up, and there is never any reason for the government to put it up (bar if we finally get something from the crisis committee that could necessitate it). The people employed at JTAC are paid to work with SIS, GCHQ Defence Intelligence Staff, the Met Counter Terrorism Command, and others to assess the threat and act accordingly, I think they're much better qualified to make the decision than a bunch of ministers who will only get a fraction of the information.

What has sending men to the French Embassy without their consent got to do with protecting British citizens or their safety?

So you decided that instead of taking reasonable precautions you would give the terrorists exactly what they want?
    Cameron's also put the threat level under review (though I've only seen it on the BBC so far as I've only just got up)

We felt that it was necessary and the French can send our men back if they wish.

All that we have done is taken precautions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Cameron's also put the threat level under review (though I've only seen it on the BBC so far as I've only just got up)

We felt that it was necessary and the French can send our men back if they wish.

All that we have done is taken precautions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I Dont think the Threat level will go up
    As Cameron said we will double the efforts to help the french as best we can
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    I Dont think the Threat level will go up
    As Cameron said we will double the efforts to help the french as best we can
    It won't, but putting it under review suggests there is more threat than before, which is true.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    It won't, but putting it under review suggests there is more threat than before, which is true.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    True , it really frustrates me i used to think Islam is a " peaceful religion " and i am sure the majority of Muslims living in Europe are not extremists and are perfectly decent people but as soon as i think this some extreme Muslims have to prove some people right in saying Islam is not a peaceful region and therefore it needs removing of the face of the earth it may be harsh but its true
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Latest News
    More Gunfire and Explosions in the west of Paris

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.