Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasminkattan)
    My parents don't know I'm Muslim and they're constantly saying horrible things about Islam, and about the Prophet (saw), thanks to these attacks and other past issues. Yes it's horrible, so I can't imagine what it must be like being directly insulted for being a Muslim.
    Awww sorry to hear that just try to ignore the mean things being said. What you believe is your decision to make. Noone else's Just be happy that you have the courage to believe what you want! I think that's very admirable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halal kebab5)
    god is all forgiving.
    actual lol

stay safe m8

ReputationRep:
    Oh thank you! I hope people don't think I was saying this for attention haha. You too.
    No of course not! We all have personal struggles but in the end it makes us stronger. I hope you stay strong and don't let these recent events also dishearten you.

ReputationRep:
    Skin bleach is the way to go

ReputationRep:
    I can't help myself, so,

'Muslim' isn't an ethnicity so I'm pretty sure you can be British AND Muslim first?
    It was a question about identity and loyalty.

You can be Muslim first and British second but that implies that if the going gets bad you'll ally with your fellow Muslims over other Brits.

ReputationRep:
    People in Paris have died but you can't go on a night out? Please get a grip.

ReputationRep:
    Wth, how many Muslims are on TSR??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubisoft)
    Skin bleach is the way to go
    Been there and it ain't great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longshot700)
    Been there and it ain't great.
    Bruh, u srs? I was joking :lol:

U actually used skin bleah bruuhhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubisoft)
    Bruh, u srs? I was joking :lol:

U actually used skin bleah bruuhhh
    Well, it wasn't skin beach, it was called Ponds lightening cream, think it worked a bit but gave me a load of spots. Also tried Lemons and stuff.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by xGCSE_Studentx)
    People should just watch their mouths before mouthing off at Muslims or Asians - we're clearly not all the same
    I would imagine you watch your mouth when you mouth off at anyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    It was a question about identity and loyalty.

You can be Muslim first and British second but that implies that if the going gets bad you'll ally with your fellow Muslims over other Brits.
    Sorry I guess I misunderstood.

ReputationRep:
    I am literally so scared to go out :/
    Stay safe guys :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayaz123)
    I am literally so scared to go out :/
    Stay safe guys :/
    You too man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzimH)
    No of course not! We all have personal struggles but in the end it makes us stronger. I hope you stay strong and don't let these recent events also dishearten you.
    Thank you. You're right. And I won't let these things affect me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halal kebab5)
    Thanks for saving me time and effort, still going out and gettin smashed, yep

bulgaria
    Bulgaria!? Yikes!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Awww sorry to hear that just try to ignore the mean things being said. What you believe is your decision to make. Noone else's Just be happy that you have the courage to believe what you want! I think that's very admirable
    It's okay, thank you I do try but it gets to me at times. Also it's hard for me to keep quiet when people say these things, and with my parents I need to. You're right, it's my choice. Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    I would imagine you watch your mouth when you mouth off at anyone.
    I try not to moth off at anyone because I give respect not to do something as rude

ReputationRep:
    It's okay, thank you I do try but it gets to me at times. Also it's hard for me to keep quiet when people say these things, and with my parents I need to. You're right, it's my choice. Thank you!
    Stay strong
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    When I was out in Canada I met a lot of Muslims who were really nice peaceful people and very passionate about sport, I do fear for them now.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.