Turn on thread page Beta

B903 - Military Pilot Protection Bill 2015 watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I think this bill is doing a very good problem of demonstrating the problems with this house, one being that people don't look at what has been said.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Is that you end up with that, or even the instructers end up with thst?
    Both

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No, pilots can be armed already with larger, more effective weapons, the senior offices should give the go ahead for pilots to be armed, and pilots should push to be armed. I disagree with the need to limit when a firearm cannot be carried, during training exercises it should always be carried to simulate what it would be like in a cockpit with the mass of a weapon attached. Aircrew already receive training to carry the L22 Carbine, meaning this bill achieves nothing.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know or care enough about guns to comment on the choice of weaponry - what I will say is that the fact that something is already the law isn't necessarily an objection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    I don't know or care enough about guns to comment on the choice of weaponry - what I will say is that the fact that something is already the law isn't necessarily an objection.
    So you think it would be reasonable to pass a law that outlaws murder, theft or fraud, despite them all being illegal already?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    If I understood that correctly, does that mean that I could submit a PMB that restates the illegality of murder and its penalties and you would be totally fine with wasting your time on it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    So you think it would be reasonable to pass a law that outlaws murder, theft or fraud, despite them all being illegal already?
    It would be utterly pointless, but I wouldn't oppose it for that reason alone (indeed, I think it would be good to see murder in particular codified).

ReputationRep:
    If I understood that correctly, does that mean that I could submit a PMB that restates the illegality of murder and its penalties and you would be totally fine with wasting your time on it?
    Yes, see response to good bloke above. I'd vote in favour of it. I'd be more pissed off to have wasted my time writing such pointless rubbish, but considering the minimal time it takes to discuss and vote, I don't necessarily feel members of the House should be aggrieved.

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be good to see murder in particular codified).
    You can do that by reading the existing legislation and case law.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Yes, see response to good bloke above. I'd vote in favour of it. I'd be more pissed off to have wasted my time writing such pointless rubbish, but considering the minimal time it takes to discuss and vote, I don't necessarily feel members of the House should be aggrieved.
    I personally we establish that we prefer bills to actually do things
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I personally we establish that we prefer bills to actually do things
    I Could say that your fox hunting bill is pointless and does'nt do anything becuase most people dont fox hunt so your lasest bill is rather pointless
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Aye.

Spolier the notes, looks prettier.

All your bill titles should have 2015 in there as well.
    It does
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    I Could say that your fox hunting bill is pointless and does'nt do anything becuase most people dont fox hunt so your lasest bill is rather pointless
    This bill changes it from pilots having side arms on mission, to pilots having side arms on mission
    Hunting Act repeal changes it from not being able to do a whole load of things, to being able to do a whole load of things, notice a difference?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    This bill changes it from pilots having side arms on mission, to pilots having side arms on mission
    Hunting Act repeal changes it from not being able to do a whole load of things, to being able to do a whole load of things, notice a difference?
    This Bill Will Make it LAW . Military Pilots must carry a weapon while flying combat missions and when i make a second reading when on joint training exercises with other air forces .
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    This Bill Will Make it LAW . Military Pilots must carry a weapon while flying combat missions and when i make a second reading when on joint training exercises with other air forces .
    Okay, it makes it so that something that always happens has to always happen.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Okay, it makes it so that something that always happens has to always happen.
    As far as im aware its not law
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    As far as im aware its not law
    As far as I'm aware it's been standard practice since the beginning of military aviation.

ReputationRep:
    "no u"
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    There were a few suggestions that I agreed with, so training is essential (even though it's likely they've already had it), punishment is harsh, I agree with your exceptions though. Make the changes for division/second reading and you get an Aye.

ReputationRep:
    Should have mentioned 3.1.

It does

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 17, 2015
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.