Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

PwC Insight Week 2016 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popcornjpg)
    I applied for London although the Uxbridge office is closer to me 'theoretically'. It would probably take me longer by Tube to get into Uxbridge than to London Bridge.
    I think that would be fine.

If say you lived in Oxford and applied for London, they probably wouldn't accept because Reading is closer and it takes less time to get there

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys know of any other work experience placements? I've applied to EY (probably rejected) and BDO (failed numerical test) and hopefully I'll do well on the PwC one so we'll see. I know PFK have some placements, and I'm in the process of arranging something at RSM. Is there anything else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Level 4 for EY?

Well you might have a chance, but I did get level 7 and was rejected on the basis of not being entitled to free school meals.
    You've heard back from EY? How soon? I sent mine off like 2 weeks ago with my tests completed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xphoenix)
    You've heard back from EY? How soon? I sent mine off like 2 weeks ago with my tests completed.
    I heard back in January! I applied in December though...

ReputationRep:
    I heard back in January! I applied in December though...
    Is this the Skills Academy we are talking about?

Btw just noticed you applied Reading. I did too!

ReputationRep:
    Is this the Skills Academy we are talking about?

Btw just noticed you applied Reading. I did too!
    I can't remember tbh...

Ooooh, maybe see you there! Did you go to a student recruitment event a few weeks ago there?

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember tbh...

Ooooh, maybe see you there! Did you go to a student recruitment event a few weeks ago there?
    I wanted to but I wasn't available so this is my only shot at getting in. Don't know what to expect for the interview either if I get through

ReputationRep:
    Hey you guys, ive applied to Birmingham. my marks were nothing special. i got above average for Numerical and average for Verbal. I'm pretty certain that i'm not going to get in, hope we all get in though! plus has anyone here applied to Birmingham? Plus what A-levels are you all doing? Im doing Biology Chemistry and English Language

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to but I wasn't available so this is my only shot at getting in. Don't know what to expect for the interview either if I get through
    Are you going to the business insight day in Reading next week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4shadows)
    Hey you guys, ive applied to Birmingham. my marks were nothing special. i got above average for Numerical and average for Verbal. I'm pretty certain that i'm not going to get in, hope we all get in though! plus has anyone here applied to Birmingham? Plus what A-levels are you all doing? Im doing Biology Chemistry and English Language
    I think you still have a chance so long as you're not below average.

I'm taking History, Government and Politics, Sociology and Business. Are you in Year 13 by the way? Because the Insight Week is only open to Year 12 AFAIK.

ReputationRep:
    I think you still have a chance so long as you're not below average.

I'm taking History, Government and Politics, Sociology and Business. Are you in Year 13 by the way? Because the Insight Week is only open to Year 12 AFAIK.
    Hey, yeah im in year 12, lonnng story short my sixthform gave us the choice of doing 3 alevels and carrying them onto A2, or 4 A levels, and you can't drop the 4th one. (i decided to do 3). If you're planning on going to University, what are you planning on studying?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure really. I don't really intend on university, I'm rather interested in a school leaver scheme. If I was going to go I'd study History though, it's a passion of mine.

ReputationRep:
    well that numerical test wasnt so bad.

i got above average for numerical and average for verbal. not sure what this means tbh, i think my verbal test will get me disqualified.

ReputationRep:
    Are you going to the business insight day in Reading next week?
    I can't as I have an extra lesson for school so my parents are picking me up later than normal... meaning I won't make it on time

ReputationRep:
    Are the Tests timed and how many questions for the numerical does anyone mind me asking what stuff came up did exchange rates?

ReputationRep:
    i didnt get exchange rates but it could come up. there are 18 questions to do in 17 minutes or something like that

ReputationRep:
    Not sure really. I don't really intend on university, I'm rather interested in a school leaver scheme. If I was going to go I'd study History though, it's a passion of mine.
    Ahhh awesome, good luck I hope you get it

ReputationRep:
    I just did the test and got 4/5 for verbal and numerical.... do you think I have a chance at getting in or are they only going to acecept aplications with at least one 5/5?

ReputationRep:
    i think you have a good chance. your application is also very important I'd say, maybe a bit less so, but if its very good you could be an exception of sorts.

ReputationRep:
    I think 7/10 is safe in my opinion

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.