Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Offer for law not sure whether to firm Bristol or KCL

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Bristol for Biology!

Anyone else doing bio?

ReputationRep:
    offer for dentistry is quite far though and have a icl offer so stuck between those two

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MajorRisk)
    Firmed Bristol for Biology!

Anyone else doing bio?
    I've firmed Bristol for Zoology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by auroraborealice)
    I've firmed Bristol for Zoology
    Awesome, I almost chose Zoology. I think both courses have the same first year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MajorRisk)
    Awesome, I almost chose Zoology. I think both courses have the same first year?
    Yep and the majority of their units are the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjones96)
    Same here! Just don't really know how to afford Bristol yet. Such a cool course, though.
    They haven't put too much info about the course (eg what the modules actually entail) on the website though, I feel like I'd need a lot more information before accepting the offer - hopefully going to a post-offer day will help though! I think there's still a few more coming up? If not then I probably won't accept the offer :/

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm firming Bristol for history. Went up with a friend for Easter and stayed in the Berkeley Square hotel. Would highly recommend a visit. It was right in the middle of Clifton, near the suspension bridge which is beaut. Stayed for like two nights over easter weekend. Was so fun, really hope I get the grades now!

ReputationRep:
    I've got an offer for Mech Eng at Bristol but I can't decide between it, Oxford or Bath.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I've accepted an offer to study English at Bristol (anyone else?), and was basically wondering if anyone has applied for student finance yet? I applied yesterday, having calculated I will need about £80 a week to live on excluding (catered) accommodation, and just wondered if people think this will be enough? I feel like it will, but I've got people telling me that "Bristol is so expensive" and now I'm worried haha. I'll get a part-time job on top of that too. Would really appreciate some opinions, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollyismyname)
    I'm an English Lit holder too can't decide between Bristol and Durham though!
    Hey, have you made your decision yet? Congratulations on your offers btw!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by docmcstuffin)
    x
    I've accepted to study physics; what exactly would cost £80 per week (not incl. catering and accomodation)?

I haven't applied yet, but have you started looking at particular halls for accomodation?

ReputationRep:
    Applications for the accommodations are opening on the 20 of April right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emerlini)
    Applications for the accommodations are opening on the 20 of April right?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for Geography this morning. Not sure whether I'll pick UCL, Bristol, or Edinburgh. Still waiting to hear back from Durham and Saint Andrew's too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madyabby)
    Got an offer for Geography this morning. Not sure whether I'll pick UCL, Bristol, or Edinburgh. Still waiting to hear back from Durham and Saint Andrew's too!
    I also have an offer for Geography but I received it a few weeks ago. We applied to very similar unis! I think I will be firming Bristol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by camd97)
    I also have an offer for Geography but I received it a few weeks ago. We applied to very similar unis! I think I will be firming Bristol
    That's great! I rarely meet anyone else studying Geography. It doesn't seem to be a very talked about program, which I find odd since the subject is pretty relevant to the issues nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wunderbarr)
    I've accepted to study physics; what exactly would cost £80 per week (not incl. catering and accomodation)?

I haven't applied yet, but have you started looking at particular halls for accomodation?
    Only expenditure will really be lunches, laundry, entertainment (clubbing and going out), clothing/toiletries (rarely).

I think I'm going to apply to Wills and Hiatt Baker in that order

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by docmcstuffin)
    Only expenditure will really be lunches, laundry, entertainment (clubbing and going out), clothing/toiletries (rarely).

I think I'm going to apply to Wills and Hiatt Baker in that order
    Oh right.

In my own list, The Courtrooms and Hiatt Baker are my 2nd and 3rd choices. Goldney Hall as my first.

Will have to do some maths to see what I can afford with a good amount of cash left over.

ReputationRep:
    Just got my offer of AAB to study Biochemistry. What is the deadline for the accommodation does anyone know?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.