Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Lending a brand new book to someone which I will never do again! Watch

• TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    Im still waiting for my 2nd Percy Jackson Series to come back to me after lending it to a friend.. 4 years has past and I'm still waiting... My bookshelf looks so weird without the 2nd installment.

However, I love when my books are a little bit trashy cause it shows I've brought it everywhere I go. If it's too neat, it looks as though I cared too much about the aesthetics of the book rather than the story of the book itself and that's not the point of owning a book!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Empire Odyssey)
    Im still waiting for my 2nd Percy Jackson Series to come back to me after lending it to a friend.. 4 years has past and I'm still waiting... My bookshelf looks so weird without the 2nd installment.

However, I love when my books are a little bit trashy cause it shows I've brought it everywhere I go. If it's too neat, it looks as though I cared too much about the aesthetics of the book rather than the story of the book itself and that's not the point of owning a book!
    You should ask your friend to return it 4 years is taking the piss.
    I gave a colleague a brand new book which I have not yet read to borrow and it came back all used and dog eared.
    I'm the one who should be making it trashy not my colleague.
    I don't care if I made my books trashy because it was me that done it but when a little tramp does it shows I should never lend my book to anyone.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by chikane)
    You should ask your friend to return it 4 years is taking the piss.
    I gave a colleague a brand new book which I have not yet read to borrow and it came back all used and dog eared.
    I'm the one who should be making it trashy not my colleague.
    I don't care if I made my books trashy because it was me that done it but when a little tramp does it shows I should never lend my book to anyone.
    Yeah, I'm going to text her now in fact!

Yeah, its your property so they should ruin it. I understand that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Empire Odyssey)
    Yeah, I'm going to text her now in fact!

Yeah, its your property so they should ruin it. I understand that!
    Did she reply back? Yes i don't mind used books but i was stupid to give her a brand new book without me reading it first.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by chikane)
    Did she reply back? Yes i don't mind used books but i was stupid to give her a brand new book without me reading it first.
    You know something, I have been so busy with uni stuff I completely forgot to do it when I sent the message I believe I was in a lecture aha!

Imma do it right now since it's Saturday!

Oh yeah, I've never given a book away before me reading it! I have given books away to ones I detest or I have other editions to it though!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.