Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A police man stopped me. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0lut0)
    So today I had school for a while because my gcses are coming up so we have extra classes and stuff so I was coming home waiting for the bus. And then a police car approaches and he stops and gets out and asks me some dumb questions. This is in south london by the way i'm black as well and I had my hood up cause it's kind of cold then he stops me and he was like "What's your name" I told him then he was like "Where do you live" I gave him a rough location then I was like I just came back from school and then he was like "Do you have a sister?" I was like no then he walked and drove off.
    This was a weird experience because it's the first time i've been stopped by police and i'm not even a bad kid...
    Racism..?
    Is your sister okay? Have you seen her since?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Leave the kid alone
    No. Throwing around accusations of racism without any proof is disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    I have been stopped and asked questions by police before. I am white, straight, male - It perplexes me why they would want to question me out the blue when I am so clearly priviledged and immune to law enforcement

ReputationRep:
    OMG! A police officer pulled over and asked couple of questions. That's so racist! It was so horrible it left a young victim badly shaken!
    ffs, grow a pair and stop playing a victim.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post62752271

Check this out pls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Satanas)
    You're a sad little man.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think you will find I am well above average height.

ReputationRep:
    So someone stopped and asked if you had a sister?

He might have known you and wanted to date your sister. We don't know. I wouldn't read too much in to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Awh you're a sensitive soul aren't you?
    First time and imma good youte

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    No. Throwing around accusations of racism without any proof is disgusting.
    :rolleyes:
    He's a school kid clearly he's getting these messages from somewhere probably the media. It was a question he wasn't saying this guy is definitely being racist he was suggesting maybe he was acting with a stereotype in mind. He wasn't saying this is DEFINITELY what happened though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    :rolleyes:
    He's a school kid clearly he's getting these messages from somewhere probably the media. It was a question he wasn't saying this guy is definitely being racist he was suggesting maybe he was acting with a stereotype in mind. He wasn't saying this is DEFINITELY what happened though.
    All the more reason to show him that throwing around accusations of racism without substance is unacceptable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    All the more reason to show him that throwing around accusations of racism without substance is unacceptable.
    He's not throwing around accusations he's simply asking why it might have happened and putting forward a few potential ways of making sense of the situation. To not want to allow him to question whether maybe the motive of the policeman was slightly scewed is equally unfair. I'm not saying policemen shouldn't stop black youth or that every policeman is racist but you also shouldn't panic or say it's wrong for someone to wonder as an ethnic minority whether that may be a factor. Given that the police force at one time made it into the headlines after being investigated and was confirmed to be institutionally racist it's not just some school kid who thinks it might be an issue.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.