Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shilshark)
    hey just wondering, how long did it take you to finish your notes and how did you make them? thanks
    I started properly from December onwards but had some notes in October for mocks. So it basically started from October and I did past papers alongside it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    WOW ! I am speechless - how have you done all this? How long has it taken you? How long do you revise a day? but well done for all this work you seem to be really motivated
    About a solid 5 hours of working with breaks for every 40 mins approximately. Thank you for the nice comment!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MezmorisedPotato)
    About a solid 5 hours of working with breaks for every 40 mins approximately. Thank you for the nice comment!
    Great and no worries

ReputationRep:
    *Review of 2/4/16*

1) Physics P7- topic 3/4 done of it for review completely. On track to completing it fully tomorrow

2) Attempted past papers on P7. First one I did, I got 11/13- Approx, high A* ( When scaled up approx to 60 marks) 2nd one, a quick review test one questions and got 8/11. Improvements: conciseness, red-shift.

3) Religous Education Unit 3- Topic 2/4 fully reviewed.

4) RE past paper completed on Matters of Life and Death which I am asking a teacher to mark because it is very subjective. Improvements- Media in relation to this topic.

5) Chemistry C4C5C6- C4 review done. Weaknesses, flame colours.

6) Chemistry C4- 2 sets of past papers, each worth 20 marks done. Results: C4 Paper 1: 19/20 A*, C4 Paper: 17/20- A* Improvements: Patterns in data, Peer review.

7) French- 3 questions done on exampro listening. Results: a) 3/4 b) 1/2 c) 2/4 However, listening skills I've noticed have improved, maybe because of more practise I can get better and get the A*! Vocabulary also learnt from these tests too.

8) Maths- Practise video on graph transformations at A* involving f(x). Understand fully af(x) functions above 1 and below 1.

Overall, I was very pleased with the day and happy I managed to make up for not doing as much yesterday.

Hence so, I will work hard like this but relax more as a chunk of revision has been done and will fit in my schedule to get everything done.

ReputationRep:
    *Review of 2/4/16*

1) Physics P7- topic 3/4 done of it for review completely. On track to completing it fully tomorrow

2) Attempted past papers on P7. First one I did, I got 11/13- Approx, high A* ( When scaled up approx to 60 marks) 2nd one, a quick review test one questions and got 8/11. Improvements: conciseness, red-shift.

3) Religous Education Unit 3- Topic 2/4 fully reviewed.

4) RE past paper completed on Matters of Life and Death which I am asking a teacher to mark because it is very subjective. Improvements- Media in relation to this topic.

5) Chemistry C4C5C6- C4 review done. Weaknesses, flame colours.

6) Chemistry C4- 2 sets of past papers, each worth 20 marks done. Results: C4 Paper 1: 19/20 A*, C4 Paper: 17/20- A* Improvements: Patterns in data, Peer review.

7) French- 3 questions done on exampro listening. Results: a) 3/4 b) 1/2 c) 2/4 However, listening skills I've noticed have improved, maybe because of more practise I can get better and get the A*! Vocabulary also learnt from these tests too.

8) Maths- Practise video on graph transformations at A* involving f(x). Understand fully af(x) functions above 1 and below 1.

Overall, I was very pleased with the day and happy I managed to make up for not doing as much yesterday.

Hence so, I will work hard like this but relax more as a chunk of revision has been done and will fit in my schedule to get everything done.
    WOW you've done a lot

ReputationRep:
    WOW you've done a lot
    Yeah I tried to get lots of work done, as Sunday is quite busy for me!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I tried to get lots of work done, as Sunday is quite busy for me!
    Haha ok How long did it take you?

ReputationRep:
    Haha ok How long did it take you?
    Did like 2-3 hours in the morning. Then 3 hours in the afternoon!

ReputationRep:
    Did like 2-3 hours in the morning. Then 3 hours in the afternoon!
    WOW well done I wasn't focused at all yesterday so i didn't do much so today i am going to get more done

Have a look on my thread as well

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3#post63861033

ReputationRep:
    WOW well done I wasn't focused at all yesterday so i didn't do much so today i am going to get more done

Have a look on my thread as well

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3#post63861033
    I'll take a look at it later!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm also doing GCSE PE on the Edexcel exam board too and I'm in Year 10, however... how are you expected an A* in it? I hate leadership and practical sessions but theory seems ok... it's 60% practical and 40% theory. Help please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShiawaseNekox3)
    Hey, I'm also doing GCSE PE on the Edexcel exam board too and I'm in Year 10, however... how are you expected an A* in it? I hate leadership and practical sessions but theory seems ok... it's 60% practical and 40% theory. Help please
    Because at the moment on my four practicals, I have done 2 so far. I have got 10/10 on my first one and 10/10 on the second sport. The next sports I have left is athletics and hockey, which I expect 9s and 10s on. Next, my PEP (10%) has got 100% because of the detail. Furthermore, on my theory, without revising, as we had not been taught the whole course, I managed to be 5 marks of an A*. Without any assistance and teaching, I managed this. Therefore, I am quite sure with the revision and due to my good practical scores, I'll achieve an A*.

Hope I have answered fully, please ask me if you need more answers.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,

Do you reckon looking at the examiners report is useful ?

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,

Do you reckon looking at the examiners report is useful ?
    Yeah, you get a perspective of how an examiner marks so you can suit your technique to that. I don't use it much though

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, you get a perspective of how an examiner marks so you can suit your technique to that. I don't use it much though
    Yh neither do i Just asked if anyone actually uses and i don't think people do

ReputationRep:
    Review of 3/4/16
    Not as productive today but plan to make up for it big tomorrow.
    1/P7 big review done
    2/ P7 past paper questions done but leaving a paper because there's only 2 years worth of it.
    3/ Organised past papers to use it across April

ReputationRep:
    Review of 3/4/16
    Not as productive today but plan to make up for it big tomorrow.
    1/P7 big review done
    2/ P7 past paper questions done but leaving a paper because there's only 2 years worth of it.
    3/ Organised past papers to use it across April
    Hey, well done this is literally exactly what i am doing today but P3 what a Coincidence

So today 04/04/2016:
    I'm going to the dentist which is going to take forever but i want to get a fair amount of work done.

1. Look through Physics Unit 3 - Review it & Memorise Info
    2. Past Papers & Weaknesses
    3. Times for past papers and Dates

ReputationRep:
    Hey, well done this is literally exactly what i am doing today but P3 what a Coincidence

So today 04/04/2016:
    I'm going to the dentist which is going to take forever but i want to get a fair amount of work done.

1. Look through Physics Unit 3 - Review it & Memorise Info
    2. Past Papers & Weaknesses
    3. Times for past papers and Dates
    Awesome! I'm planning to get more done today

ReputationRep:
    Awesome! I'm planning to get more done tomorrow
    Oh Great

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!

So this year, I am very motivated to get those awesome grades at GCSE by trying my hardest in all the subjects I will sit exams in.

I did Literature last year and got an A*!

Here are what I expect to get!

Biology- A*
    Chemistry- A*
    Physics- A*
    Maths- A*
    English Language- A*
    RE- A*
    History- A*
    PE- A*
    French- A ( Still will try my best to get A* in it, although it is hard)
    Computing A

Total: 9A*s 2A's

I've started my revision for these exams. Biology, Chemistry and Physics, I've finished Unit 1 revision for all of them. I am a module into unit Unit 2( there is three topics in each module). So for Science I am definitely on track!

Maths, I have learned my topics and done a lot of practise so it is just revising key bits which secures my marks.

English- It is all about doing practise. You need to polish up the exam technique. That is something I will definitely practise over the course of the coming months.

RE- I have finished paper 1 revision so just need to get started on paper 2 revision ( Unit 8).

History- There are two papers. I have revised as of yet one module of paper one. So I need to get going in history more at the moment.

PE- Done most revision. Just do papers and revise key things I struggle to understand.

French- Currently revising vocab and doing papers but I have a written exam coming up too.

Computer Science- So far doing alright in coursework. Also halfway through exam revision.

Here are my exam boards:

Science- OCR
    Maths - Edexcel
    English- WJEC
    RE- Edexcel
    History- AQA
    PE- Edexcel
    French- AQA
    Computing- OCR

So my update schedule for this thread will be once a week where I update where I am at with everything. So far things are looking good revision wise, just need to speed up with a few and then I am ready!

Thanks for reading!
    Hey, the grades that you want to get are great. I wanted to ask how you revise for maths because i do the same exam board but i just cant answer the questions properly. Also what topics do you do for history because I also do aqa but they have lots of different topics??

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.