The Student Room Group

Is £10,000 a lot of money to you?

Scroll to see replies

:five:

I'd be up for spending it all on this (which I know I've shared before but idc :tongue:)

https://www.scan.co.uk/3xs/configurator/custom-built-boutique-dream-gaming-pc-uk-thebear
Dat triple SLI 980Ti :mmm:

Just configured it with all the 'necessary' upgrades and it still only comes to £9000 :woo:
I think it's a lot. I'd put it towards a house deposit.
D'ya think we could find someone ready to hand out £20k so we can both have one of these?
It's certainly a lot, hardly life-changing though.
:lol: we can dream...
I found £3 on the floor the other day and it literally made my day. If I came across £10k I wouldn't exactly be annoyed.
To me 10k is a lot to need, but not a lot to have.
Ronnie O'sulivan (snooker player) was on for a top score of 147 yesterday but he said the prize money for a 147 was not high enough! That prize money figure was indeed £10,000. So there we go, I guess you have to have Ronnies amount of money to call £10,000 not worth it!

Spoiler

Raaaaa. £10,000 is a lot of money. I'd probably start up a small business with it to make more money. Like yeah, it's not even worth a years salary or whatever but still. To have a lump sum like that in one go, who wouldn't want that?
Reply 50
Would change my life, could move country and have enough support to get a job, if I spend very little of course, which I do usually anyway.

If 10,000 isn't a lot of money to you feel free to send it my way
Neither life-changing nor pocket change.
!!!!!!!!!!!
Could I buy Tesco?
Omg.... lifetime supply of PIZZA.
£10,000 is insane for me :ahee:
Reply 53
£10 is a lot to me
Nope
I used to think it was, but then when i started working I realised not really.

It's definitely ''substantial'' but it can easily go.
It's not a life-changing amount of money.
It is and it isn't, if 10k dropped through my letter box than **** me that's a lot, but in the long term it isn't.

Wouldn't say no, could go towards that house deposit.
Original post by CreamyChocolate
£10,000 is a lot of money to some people, but to others it is merely the price of a meal at an expensive restaurant.

How would £10,000 change your life?

How rich do you need to be for £10,000 to be like pocket change?

It would be 10K towards a house
That is all
It is not a lot of money.
its all relative

if i gave my 15 y/o brother £10,000 he'd be floating in the clouds for 2 years, thats nearly £500 a month*

if i gave my eldest brother £10,000 (alot less than his annual bonus), he'd stick it in his bank account and essentially forget it was there, nothing would change for him at all

if you gave me £10,000 id probably put it towards a new car, would it 'change' my life, sure, who doesnt want a new car, id be happier to drive it everyday and everywhere, but it definitely isnt a life-changing amount of money
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest