Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattyd375)
    Haha sounds fun . So is there anywhere actually in Durham to go for a night out?
    Not really, I mean the colleges have their own bars and sometimes students go around drinking at different college bars. I didn't get to see the Hatfield bar as they were renovating when I was there - which is hopefully in itself a good sign. I know a lot of colleges have their own speciality drink as well and that there's a challenge to drink as many different colleges drinks as possible, I don't know about Hatfield's own drink because as I said I wasn't in the bar. Then there's Klute, the worst club in Europe, I live nearer to Newcastle than Durham so I haven't actually gone out drinking in Durham but I don't think there's much. That's why they put buses on to go to Newcastle, as there's endless amounts of clubs there.
    Safe to say that Durham isn't famed for its nightlife. Probably for the best seeing as you're trying to get a degree not a bad liver.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scratchedpaw)
    Not really, I mean the colleges have their own bars and sometimes students go around drinking at different college bars. I didn't get to see the Hatfield bar as they were renovating when I was there - which is hopefully in itself a good sign. I know a lot of colleges have their own speciality drink as well and that there's a challenge to drink as many different colleges drinks as possible, I don't know about Hatfield's own drink because as I said I wasn't in the bar. Then there's Klute, the worst club in Europe, I live nearer to Newcastle than Durham so I haven't actually gone out drinking in Durham but I don't think there's much. That's why they put buses on to go to Newcastle, as there's endless amounts of clubs there.
    Safe to say that Durham isn't famed for its nightlife. Probably for the best seeing as you're trying to get a degree not a bad liver.
    I'd disagree with this.

Durham nightlife is nothing compared to Newcastle or other big cities, but it's still possible to go out several times a week if you're so inclined. College bars are big, and we have several clubs (personally I think Klute is great, but it's ruined going out anywhere else for me).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oli-Ol)
    I'd disagree with this.

Durham nightlife is nothing compared to Newcastle or other big cities, but it's still possible to go out several times a week if you're so inclined. College bars are big, and we have several clubs (personally I think Klute is great, but it's ruined going out anywhere else for me).
    I'm not saying it's a bad thing, there are advantages to being somewhere were you can get to sleep on a Friday night. I haven't been to Klute, I've just heard about it. I'm in love with Durham and don't feel like the nightlife is going to be an issue in either case because I hardly drink. Can you tell me what Klute is actually like because the reason for its reputation has never been explained to me. Also what's Hatfield's bar like as I never saw it. I hope you know I wasn't being mean. I just meant that even if you want a city experience there is one near enough by.

ReputationRep:
    @Afmw Thought I'd tag you in
    thanks dude only just seen this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afmw)
    thanks dude only just seen this
    No bother

ReputationRep:
    I'm not saying it's a bad thing, there are advantages to being somewhere were you can get to sleep on a Friday night. I haven't been to Klute, I've just heard about it. I'm in love with Durham and don't feel like the nightlife is going to be an issue in either case because I hardly drink. Can you tell me what Klute is actually like because the reason for its reputation has never been explained to me. Also what's Hatfield's bar like as I never saw it. I hope you know I wasn't being mean. I just meant that even if you want a city experience there is one near enough by.
    I know, and as someone who isn't a big drinker I'm not bothered by the nightlife either, but you seemed to imply we had no clubs at all which definitely isn't true :P

Klute was voted the second worst nightclub in Europe, and then the worst one burnt down. The floors are sticky, the music is pure cheese, and one visit is enough to ruin your shoes. Students love it.

Hatfield bar has a really good atmosphere. Usually very busy (partly because of its location), but I believe that they're redoing both the bar and the accommodation blocks around it next year so I don't know how much access you'll have to it when you arrive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oli-Ol)
    I know, and as someone who isn't a big drinker I'm not bothered by the nightlife either, but you seemed to imply we had no clubs at all which definitely isn't true :P

Klute was voted the second worst nightclub in Europe, and then the worst one burnt down. The floors are sticky, the music is pure cheese, and one visit is enough to ruin your shoes. Students love it.

Hatfield bar has a really good atmosphere. Usually very busy (partly because of its location), but I believe that they're redoing both the bar and the accommodation blocks around it next year so I don't know how much access you'll have to it when you arrive.
    I mentioned that there was Klute, tbh it sounds like a club near me.

I guess we'll just have to see what the renovations look like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaseho98)
    Opened a group for Hatfielders on fb!

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...67416&fref=ufi

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm coming to Hatfield to study Psychology. Will hopefully be coming up for the Open Days if I can get the time off work!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wallflowerlwy)
    Lawww in Hatfield! What are your offers? I got A*A
    Heyyyy so did I! I'm international so I got AAA for my local A levels (since we don't have the A* grade)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamfox)
    Allocated to Hatfield for Law, hope everyone isn't the overly posh stereotype i've been told to expect...
    Same here!!! and I've never heard about that stereotype before so hopefully it isn't true hahaha

ReputationRep:
    Hatfield for Geography

ReputationRep:
    Nah I'm a mathematician - just apparently some people do maths modules within Nat Sci so I was just wondering
    I'm a maths and computer science Nat Sci.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umpa_dumpa)
    I'm a maths and computer science Nat Sci.
    I approve

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm studying Law, but won't be able to make a visit day because of the 8 hour train journey, (another Southerner here!) let me know what it's like!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Oli-Ol;62937969]Hey guys! I'm a Hatfield second year. Feel free to ask me any questions you have about the college or the university in general [/QUOTE

How good is the bar?? Also it it 'rah'

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.