Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What would you do if you saw a woman hitting a man? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What would you do if you saw a woman hitting a man?
    I am male: Cheer her on
    4.88%
    I am male: Nothing
    15.85%
    I am male: Intervene
    26.83%
    I am male: Call the police
    7.32%
    I am female: Cheer her on
    0%
    I am female: Nothing
    13.41%
    I am female: Intervene
    13.41%
    I am female: Call the police
    3.66%
    I am another gender and I think you are a bigot for not giving options for my gender
    3.66%
    Other (I just want to see the results)
    10.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Restrain is defend. It is well documented that men are regularly arrested for defending themselves from women.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well that's definitely wrong! If he doesn't hit her but restrain her then he shouldn't be arrested! I mean what the hell is he suppose to do then, just sit there in pain and do nothing??

ReputationRep:

Similar thing but different context. Worth a watch in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluffyCherry)
    Well that's definitely wrong! If he doesn't hit her but restrain her then he shouldn't be arrested! I mean what the hell is he suppose to do then, just sit there in pain and do nothing??
    It would appear so. After all, the criminal justice system looks on domestic violence in two different lights - 1) men should be able to protect themselves and therefore prosecuted women have a lesser sentence. 2) Men are supposed to care for and nurture women, thereby domestic violence against women is lible for a greater sentence.

Yes, the criminal justice system is sexist and vile. I hate it... :L

#Marxism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    What if he found out she'd been banging his brother or beating their kids?
    I don't believe in treating people differently because of what's between their legs

ReputationRep:
    I would attack the woman despite the extreme discomfort induced by my (and most men's) upbringing.

The thing is the chances are I would then be then attacked by other men as 'ye dinnae lift yer hands te a lassie under any circumstanz'. The same thing would happen if a man retaliated after being hit by a woman, even if the woman was laying in to him for ten minutes, the minute he hit back he'd be lept upon.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    not likely to see this
    You are! My mum hit my dad and took a large cut in his arm - she also threatened to scold him - never forgiven her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexschmalex)
    I don't believe in treating people differently because of what's between their legs
    So would you say she had it coming if a guy was attacking a woman for reasons like that using comparable force to the women in these videos?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE)
    depends. if the women is obviously battering the man or if the man is clearly showing signs of pain then sure. in an opposite scenario ill probably help the woman no matter what,but thats because of the way the patriarchy has wired me

yes the patriarchy both benefits and works against men

down with the patriarchy
    Yet when men bring up issues like these with a feminist they scream about cis-white male privilege and entitlement...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    Yet when men bring up issues like these with a feminist they scream about cis-white male privilege and entitlement...
    Stop mansplaining

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    happened to me recently on a bus. did nothing. I dont wana get hit. the two were clearly a crazy pair who were volatile..and I stuck opposite them.

In reality its one of these things yeh just leave especially when its a girl hitting. no one in the bus did anything either
    If they are being violent towards each other then I wont intervene unless I feel threatened. However if the man is putting up not defence and is seemingly not provoking the attack I wont leave it. Why would you leave it "especially" when a girl is doing the hitting? Do you not believe that he has the right not to be attacked the same as she does? Why is it fair that men can't lay a finger on women but women can rein hell on men with no intervention?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djpatch)
    If they are being violent towards each other then I wont intervene unless I feel threatened. However if the man is putting up not defence and is seemingly not provoking the attack I wont leave it. Why would you leave it "especially" when a girl is doing the hitting? Do you not believe that he has the right not to be attacked the same as she does? Why is it fair that men can't lay a finger on women but women can rein hell on men with no intervention?
    honestly its their own business. its less of a gender issues for me and more of a physical issue. if a woman is battering a male son whos tiny or a male whos clearly not physically able itd be different but otherwise I dont care.

even then id be hesitant to say something. Im stuck on the bus..if someone is beating someone up they may go for yeh next

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bhangal96)

Similar thing but different context. Worth a watch in my opinion
    Sexual harassment and even other stuff... :eek::eek::eek:

ReputationRep:
    Currently at this moment in time i'm looking at these votes and why am i seeing more votes from the women saying they'd do nothing in this situation, wtf is wrong with you? there's no reason in the given situation(video from thread starter) to not intervene. Either you're looking for a way out or you're biased towards women. Just because all these bs things society has portrayed men as doesn't mean they shouldn't apply to women either. Things such as men are all sex hungry etc bhangal96 vid where it's seen where the guy is lucky if he's being hit on and it's not right if the girl is being sexually abused. It's a load of bull where women all are portrayed as weak and can't do anything because that is a load of rubbish. Of course there'll be all types of people on both genders where there'll be weak women and strong women and weak men and strong men.

I dare anyone to challenge me to say that in this case you shouldn't help the man and intervene.
    I am an egalitarian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    You know im a feminist right? not all feminists are unreasonable. it's a wide movement encompassing many different forms so dont generalise lad

also gintoki is a feminist

ReputationRep:
    Nothing probably. If it looks bad, I may call the police.

ReputationRep:
    i would laugh at the man and cheer on the woman.

ReputationRep:
    She looked like she wasn't really hurting him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PFO 24/7)
    i would laugh at the man and cheer on the woman.
    Yeah! You go girl! Girl power!

Would you also cheer on gunwomen, female rapists, and female terrorists, for taking traditionally male roles?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Yeah! You go girl! Girl power!

Would you also cheer on gunwomen, female rapists, and female terrorists, for taking traditionally male roles?
    I am male.

What is a gunwoman? Half-gun half-woman?

Female rapists don't exist under British law.

And a terrorist is not a 'traditionally male role'.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't voted yet but the truth of the matter is, many people who have said they would treat the issue equally are lying.
    Most people would do nothing (and there are lots of reasons why) on both occasions (a man hitting a woman/ or a woman hitting a man) but i'm pretty sure people are less likely to intervene if a woman is hitting a man because "she probably is just crazy" rather than 'violent'.

There is something so frightening about a man hitting a woman, especially a man who is larger and stronger than her. In that case people may not interfere because of the fear.

The way we have been conditioned is that a woman hitting a man isn't as frightening, "he should just toughen up".

We don't treat the issue equally, it's a problem. We don't think of both types of aggression as the same.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.