Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What is Wales like? watch

(Original post by stefano865)

Sounds like someone is about to report me.
    Um not at all hahahah

(Original post by ATLHustler)
    Um not at all hahahah

I actually like Wales.

it's full of welsh people :/
    and just listen to welsh music:

the horror.
    • Political Ambassador

Political Ambassador
    it's a lot less diverse than england, but then that's probably none of your concern since i'm assuming you're white. It's also very quiet and therefore less crime, which i guess is ideal for a retirement place. the houses are dead cheap too, I've lived in london before and the 2 bedroom flat cost £400 000 or even more at times, but here in wales, i can get a 3-4 bedroom house with £200 000 with a big garden and stuff. but to get around in wales, it's best if you know how to drive, the buses here in some rural parts can take half an hour to come!

Wales is quite like northern England. The cities are good places to live if you get a job there. The cost of living is affordable, and the lifestyle is fun and you are never that far away from amazing scenery.

Some of the more rural parts can feel a bit parochial and difficult to blend in if you are an outsider (the language makes it feel even more so).

Yes you get some arrogant English people who always want to mock and make fun of Wales, one odd thing I've noticed is that it's usually the super nationalistic "why are we not allowed to be proud to be BRITISH any more" type who seem to have the biggest chip on their shoulder about Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland all being inferior. If Britain is important to you then all the constituent nations should be important to you.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.