Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Barclays Apprenticeships 2016 watch

ReputationRep:
    Through to the assessment centre now, made up!

ReputationRep:
    well done! Have you done the personality questionnaire?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sdjeha)
    well done! Have you done the personality questionnaire?
    Thanks! Yeah I did, have you?

ReputationRep:
    I've not heard anything back yet, how did they let you know? Did you get a call or email?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I did mine the other day but now my account just says questionnaire completed.
    They emailed me to tell me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkflamingoxox)
    I've not heard anything back yet, how did they let you know? Did you get a call or email?
    When did you have your phone interview?

I had mine on Thursday and they said they aren't making most of their decisions for another month or so when they've finished their interviews. They emailed today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackhaugh)
    When did you have your phone interview?

I had mine on Thursday and they said they aren't making most of their decisions for another month or so when they've finished their interviews. They emailed today.
    About two months ago ahah, assessment centres are in June though aren't they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkflamingoxox)
    About two months ago ahah, assessment centres are in June though aren't they?
    And July yeah

ReputationRep:
    Just booked my assessment centre for the 21st of June in Manchester. 8.30-16.30. Anybody have any idea what happens? It says interview, group activity and role play but not much else on the email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sdjeha)
    Just booked my assessment centre for the 21st of June in Manchester. 8.30-16.30. Anybody have any idea what happens? It says interview, group activity and role play but not much else on the email.
    How did yours go, sdjeha? What sort of activities did you do/ questions were asked?

Hope you feel it went well!

ReputationRep:
    I've had my assessment centre - need to wait up to three weeks to find out if I'm in or not now🙈

ReputationRep:
    I got the job! Had my assessment on Monday and got a call through today.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think they made all the calls yesterday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omni24)
    Do you think they made all the calls yesterday?
    I don't think they've made all of them - I still haven't heard anything back yet🙈

ReputationRep:
    I doubt it, the assessments only finished mid last week. They did say they will be contacting everyone from the ACs the week beginning the 11th.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations by the way Jack. I was at the first assessment centre and still not heard, so sadly I'm assuming I haven't got the job!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omni24)
    Congratulations by the way Jack. I was at the first assessment centre and still not heard, so sadly I'm assuming I haven't got the job!
    Thanks Omni. When at the AC they said announcements will be made in the week commencing the 11th, so I guess you should keep your hopes up until then. Do you know how many people made it to the AC? I know they're offering 7-10 places on the L&M course but about 35 in higher apprenticeships across the 4 schemes.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Omni. When at the AC they said announcements will be made in the week commencing the 11th, so I guess you should keep your hopes up until then. Do you know how many people made it to the AC? I know they're offering 7-10 places on the L&M course but about 35 in higher apprenticeships across the 4 schemes.
    40 people made it to the AC, 4 different days of 10 people. And yes they said there was 10 places available.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody heard anything?

ReputationRep:
    Anybody heard anything?
    No nothing yet. At this stage I'm pretty much resigned to the fact I haven't gotten it so leaving people waiting this long is a bit ridiculous. Luckily I didn't put all my eggs in one basket so I have some other interviews lined up.

When I went we were told there were 25 places but obviously that was a mistake. You did well to get on something so selective. Congrats! 🎉

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.