The Student Room Group

Are my A level choices bad?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kc_chiefs
I don't think snooty is the word you are looking for.

I don't care what you think.

And I doubt you're good at recognising snootiness based on your posts in this thread and elsewhere today.
Original post by PQ
I don't care what you think.

And I doubt you're good at recognising snootiness based on your posts in this thread and elsewhere today.

Is that why you reported things that didn't need reporting?

Stop giving crap advice. Just because you have a ton of posts on here doesn't change certain facts - or it seems make you mature enough not to make silly reports.

The fact is the choices the OP listed are very soft. You mentioned Law schools - the top ones would run a mile from the soft choices the OP listed. And you know it - or you should.

Stop giving crap advice. Just because you have a ton of posts on here doesn't change certain facts - or it seems make you mature enough not to make silly reports.

The fact is the choices the OP listed are very soft. You mentioned Law schools - the top ones would run a mile from the soft choices the OP listed. And you know it - or you should.

Biology and sociology are both on LSEs approved list and they say 2/3 a levels from that list is acceptable. They've no need to misrepresent what they look for.

If you can find evidence to back up what you're saying then feel free to share it. Personally I have had this same discussion on here with applicants like yourself who can't back up their snobbery with evidence too many times to waste my time on you.

I know some law schools can be snooty about subjects because I work with admissions tutors daily and have done for over a decade. Generally the snootiness is based on snobbery with no evidence which is why so many admissions tutors have had their decision making devolved to admissions professionals with a better understanding of level 3 qualifications.

If you think that coming into a thread and belittling another persons choices isn't worthy of reporting then I'm assuming you haven't read the site rules.
Reply 43

Tbh i don't give a damn I you think my choices are soft tbh. I had enough of people like you who only think you can get far with only Academic subjects when in fact most people who done degrees are more likely unemployed. Ik I asked for opinions but I didn't want you to belittle me because of my subject choices, thanks.
They're very good choices; and if you want to do A level Biology you should. You would be able to prove people wrong:smile:.
Some unis like you to have an a level in a national curriculum subject- preferably english,maths or a science so choosing one of these would be a good option! Health and social care is a good choice, nearly all of my friends do it and they are not getting anything lower than a B, which is good for your ucas points totals, and a lot of it is coursework so if you prefer that then stick with it!
I did Biology AS, I got an A at GCSE and an E at AS, but I guess I gave up on it a bit when it wasn't going as well as I had hoped. It is all about how hard you work, play to your strengths and nothing can be classed as a bad choice! Good luck in your exams!!
Original post by siidrraah
Tbh I'm still learning and I will make mistakes which could make it harder for me in the future however I'm personally going to work my arse off in all the subjects I chosen and get the best grades.. Cause tbh I haven't planned my life out; maybe I may not want to pursue teaching or go University however if I do I'm pretty sure ill find away in achieving my ambition :smile:

Also thanks for the reply much appreciated x

Biology, Chemistry, History and Mathematics are good subjects to take to go into teaching. I took English, Business Studies and Geography and I'm currently on a teacher training course in Newman. It's fine not to have your life planned out, I took a gap year out to make certain that I really wanted to do teaching.

Quick Reply

Latest