Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Somewhere exotic
    Even if it was just somewhere in the states like California.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Lol I've created plenty of threads about church or Christianity in general.

No,I'm just confused as to why you find it shocking an Arab can be a Christian.

I have no problems with Muslims or Islam,I always support them on here and get a lot of flack for it. I myself come from a country where the majority are Muslims
    Islam = antichrist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AthiaKarim)
    This is too deep for me 😥
    Haha don't worry lol, half the thread is about one guy discovering that Arab Christians exist :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I think about what my life would be like if I didn't emigrate from my home country to the United Kingdom. Things would be so different, and I truly don't know what type of person I would have become or what I would be doing with my life, or even if I'd still be alive. Whenever I think about that I'm usually quite thankful for my circumstances, and for all the opportunity I have in this country.

Sure I could have done some things differently during school and university, but I'm quite happy about how things turned out so I'm not too fussed.

Life could have more purpose I suppose, but it is up to me to find that purpose. But I'm at the most content at the moment than I have been for a while, with regards to relationships and work.

Don't feel bad OP, everyone gets like this from time to time. An existential crisis can do you good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumachi)
    Islam = antichrist
    your post = unnecessary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sciatic)
    You mean for the Father? Al rab is used and not ab or a word meaning Father? I was asking to know whether or not the same word/name is used for both the Father and the other parts of the Trinity like the word "God" which can be used for any of the three or all together.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Al ab is the father and al rab is the Lord. There's only one Coptic church in London and they hold services both in Arabic and English

ReputationRep:
    All the time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axel Johann)
    Haha don't worry lol, half the thread is about one guy discovering that Arab Christians exist :rofl:
    Lmaooo that's so random! How does that even relate to the OP😂😂😂

ReputationRep:
    Islam = antichrist
    Islam is a sister religion

ReputationRep:
    Al ab is the father and al rab is the Lord. There's only one Coptic church in London and they hold services both in Arabic and English
    Do they use the same name/word for all parts of the Trinity like the word "God" can be? Is there a word like "ilah" that can be used like the word "God"?

I just want to clarify this one issue

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lmaooo that's so random! How does that even relate to the OP😂😂😂
    :lol: Ikr xD

Apparently it's because OP was having very un-Islamic thoughts, not realising she's not Muslim haha

ReputationRep:
    :lol: Ikr xD

Apparently it's because OP was having very un-Islamic thoughts, not realising she's not Muslim haha
    Oh I see.

I think I'm gunna exit this thread lmao 😭

ReputationRep:
    Oh I see.

I think I'm gunna exit this thread lmao 😭
    Mhmm, just back out slowly...

ReputationRep:
    Islam = antichrist
    hahahahahaha how so?

Quran, Chapter 19 : 30-34
    30) [Jesus] said, "Indeed, I am the servant of God . He has given me the Scripture and made me a prophet.
    31) And He has made me blessed wherever I am and has enjoined upon me prayer and charity as long as I remain alive
    32) And [made me] dutiful to my mother, and He has not made me a wretched tyrant.
    33) And peace is on me the day I was born and the day I will die and the day I am raised alive."
    34) That is Jesus, the son of Mary - the word of truth about which they are in dispute.

Yeh islam really hates christ :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sciatic)
    Do they use the same name/word for all parts of the Trinity like the word "God" can be? Is there a word like "ilah" that can be used like the word "God"?

I just want to clarify this one issue

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have just told you al rab is what most coptics use. It's used instead if ilah or Allah

ReputationRep:
    I have just told you al rab is what most coptics use. It's used instead if ilah or Allah
    Forget it lol.

I was asking if al rab is used for Jesus, God or Holy Ghost (Ruh-ul-Qudus) or only for God the Father alone? This is of utmost importance for me if and when I communicate with an Arabic speaking Christian.

I assume it is. Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chickenfoot)
    yeh but i try to shush them thoughts
    Why though? Nothing wrong with being a little philosophical every now and again

ReputationRep:
    Mhmm, just back out slowly...
    Hopefully they won't realise....

ReputationRep:
    Lol I've created plenty of threads about church or Christianity in general.

No,I'm just confused as to why you find it shocking an Arab can be a Christian.

I have no problems with Muslims or Islam,I always support them on here and get a lot of flack for it. I myself come from a country where the majority are Muslims
    I still maintain that is uncommon but carry on. And as much as I dislike conflicting with you, I have never seen any of these Christian threads that you are known for lmao.

ReputationRep:
    What is life y'all? How different would you life be if you were born elsewhere or if you did things differently. Like,are you satisfied? Do you ever just think wtf am I doing?! What am I living for. A lot of contemplating..

http://www.experienceproject.com/sto...ressed/1740024

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.