Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

S11 - Statement on the Acinetobacter Baumannii crisis Watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Well, yes, this is the debatable part of this - I want to know, amongst other things, whether AB is considered serious enough to justify transfer there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It doesn't fulfil the criteria for BSL-4 necessity, although according to the internet AB has been observed in the UK in the past. Personally, I would say if they are justifying a transfer if the unit isn't in use I don't see why not, would certainly be better than the proposal given that unless it was stated they do in the crisis would the Head Office really have the facilities necessary?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    In the morning once the drink was worn off I'll take the House's view on this issue between the two and see what I shall do, I hope you are okay with this course of action Jammy
    You're the one dealing with it, not me, I'm just here to kill time and criticise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    You're the one dealing with it, not me, I'm just here to kill time and criticise.
    That is true, but this is an issue which should be outside party politics due to the very nature of the issue and you seem to have some knowledge, and I think we as a Parliament should welcome that and see how best we can use all of our collective knowledge to produce the best reaction to this crisis
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    That is true, but this is an issue which should be outside party politics due to the very nature of the issue and you seem to have some knowledge, and I think we as a Parliament should welcome that and see how best we can use all of our collective knowledge to produce the best reaction to this crisis
    It's not a military matter, I have about as much knowledge as the next guy that spent 5 minutes on Google and remembers news stories from a year ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    It's not a military matter, I have about as much knowledge as the next guy that spent 5 minutes on Google and remembers news stories from a year ago.
    Some of us don't remember the news quite so well, still I am very thankful for your input, and I think that is the first time I have ever said that

ReputationRep:
    It was specified in the crisis, I'd suggest having a read of the final paragraph of it, I'm afraid I can't better reply right now, unlike George Brown, Labour Minister 1964-1968 and also Labour Deputy Leader at the same time, I do not work better when drinking
    Pubic Health England

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wellzi)
    Pubic Health England
    I mispelled acinetobacter baumannii throughout the entire first draft so I'm not suprised a typo slipped through, thank you for pointing it out however
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I question why the government is telling doctors how to do their jobs; transfers, keeping patients in isolation, and control of antibiotics all fall under the realm of medical professionals making decisions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    I question why the government is telling doctors how to do their jobs; transfers, keeping patients in isolation, and control of antibiotics all fall under the realm of medical professionals making decisions.
    We are doing this because it is what was asked of us by the Hospital, I suggest the honourable member goes and checks the crisis thread op again, although I shall put a small section below

The hospital manager has asked the Government for a decision on how to co-ordinate the response and treatment guidelines for the patients...

The manager has asked if the government would prefer move him to London, the Head of Office for the Public Health England who have greater expertise in the area, or whether he should remain in Belfast.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    We are doing this because it is what was asked of us by the Hospital, I suggest the honourable member goes and checks the crisis thread op again, although I shall put a small section below

The hospital manager has asked the Government for a decision on how to co-ordinate the response and treatment guidelines for the patients...

The manager has asked if the government would prefer move him to London, the Head of Office for the Public Health England who have greater expertise in the area, or whether he should remain in Belfast.
    My comment refers to the very strange crisis that leads to the medical professionals asking the government to make decisions for them because medical professionals seem to have become incompetent in things the medical professionals are trained to do.

ReputationRep:
    My comment refers to the very strange crisis that leads to the medical professionals asking the government to make decisions for them because medical professionals seem to have become competent in things the medical professionals are trained to do.
    Fair enough, I can understand that, I think it is mostly down to creating credible crises that can work in the MHoC given our natural limitations

ReputationRep:
    Well, it would be pretty boring otherwise, plus this would at least be discussed with the Health Secretary.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    This is in cessation.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 24, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.