Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA Sociology Unit 1 17/05 & Unit 2 23/05 - Official Thread 2016 watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    yep it is its the orange text book broken down

get it quick as the exam is approaching

the book is for the old syllabus though..beware...i am doing the old syllabus not the new one!
    nah, they published a book for the new syllabus so it'll be updated.

ReputationRep:
    This is the official thread for this unit. Please message me any resources you find useful and I will post them here to the original post.

Websites

www.technocratnotes.com I very much recommend you download their app it is quite awesome.
    here it is https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...s.app&hl=en_GB

http://www.s-cool.co.uk/a-level/sociology

ReputationRep:
    This is the official thread for this unit. Please message me any resources you find useful and I will post them here to the original post.

Websites

www.technocratnotes.com I very much recommend you download their app it is quite awesome.

http://www.s-cool.co.uk/a-level/sociology

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. Just thought I'd mention - the revision guide is pretty great. It doesn't go into a silly amount of detail as the other textbook does which makes taking notes a pleasure. The layout is much nicer also. My only annoyance is that it could have some more evaluative names and studies but it's only a minor issue honestly. I definitely recommend it, especially since it's only 13 quid.

ReputationRep:
    yeah I usually get 14/20 in education and now we've started Research methods which I think I like a lot more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goal101)
    How would you revise for sociology would you carry on writing notes at this stage? Or do exam papers
    I have the same question but I'm doing past papers now, because the only way to figure out what you know is to test yourself. If not I wouldn't waste time writing the notes and try other approaches such as recording them and listening to them over and over again like music so it stays in your head. Good luck, hope it works for both of us.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here resitting the AS' exams?

I'm resitting both SCLY1&2
    Did: family&households, education & research methods last year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Follow the instructions on the notes I have found this to be very helpful. This is pretty much the reason why I have improved so much since jan mocks.

http://technocratnotes.com/wp-conten...gy-Paper-1.pdf

ReputationRep:
    I'm restitting the education paper, what do you think will come up this year?

ReputationRep:
    I sat sociology exams last year with your exam board i got a B in the first unit one paper and E in the second paper and now I have arranged for myself to sit paper 2 only so I would like to know if I if a get a B for example if I could combine this paper two with last years unit 1 paper where I got a B so I can have a AS grade in this subject.

I rearranged to sit unit 2 sociology at my old school i would like to know if using my revision from last year would be okay, basically will this exam that i am sitting on the 24th of may be on the new spec or what I studied last year .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanefc98)
    I sat sociology exams last year with your exam board i got a B in the first unit one paper and E in the second paper and now I have arranged for myself to sit paper 2 only so I would like to know if I if a get a B for example if I could combine this paper two with last years unit 1 paper where I got a B so I can have a AS grade in this subject.

I rearranged to sit unit 2 sociology at my old school i would like to know if using my revision from last year would be okay, basically will this exam that i am sitting on the 24th of may be on the new spec or what I studied last year .
    you should kinda no this tbh especially at this stage

You have to make sure you are SITTING THE OLD SPEC. The new spec is called the new spec for a reason. They have changed the topics, questions, length of the paper etc...If you sit the new spec, it will be a new qualification and will be separate from the old spec/ Basically it won't count and even if you try and get them to convert the marks...its just an unwanted hassle.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, could anyone tell me three distinct problems with measuring religiosity and a short explanation if possible.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, could anyone tell me three distinct problems with measuring religiosity and a short explanation if possible.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know whether a question on how social policies affect family and households includes divorce laws? I would assume so but just making sure!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popcornjpg)
    I don't remember any dates at all, I don't think I'm going to try. I just use flashcards. And yes, I'm in the same boat, I almost always get 15/20 on my essays. I typed one up today and I think it's good but I'm not sure if I could pull it off in the exam, would depend on how many names and studies I manage to remember.
    This might be a stupid question but
    do you type up your essay during exams? And do you make a plan beforehand or follow a specific structure?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiara006)
    This might be a stupid question but
    do you type up your essay during exams? And do you make a plan beforehand or follow a specific structure?
    I wish I could type up my exams, I'd be done in like half an hour with my typing speed!

I plan for every possible essay I can think

ReputationRep:
    What questions came up last year for education.

ReputationRep:
    Sociology tends to put exam questions based on current events for example, last year was about social policy due to the elections. The only thing i can relate for families and households is demography - immigration. Anyone else feel free to predict !!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. How many social policies have learnt/revised? I'm not sure how many I should know to be safe. Apart from the ones in the textbook, I have child benefits, the civil partnership act and the marriage act 2013. I think I should have one or two more but not sure what would be relevant in an essay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popcornjpg)
    Hey guys. How many social policies have learnt/revised? I'm not sure how many I should know to be safe. Apart from the ones in the textbook, I have child benefits, the civil partnership act and the marriage act 2013. I think I should have one or two more but not sure what would be relevant in an essay.
    Sorry but how long do you revise for soci and how do you revise I'm so stuck atm

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.