Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Let's all eat fish it's much more good... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    No I hate Freelee....
    And I love cheese too much to give it up
    Sorry I need to improve my reading comprehension clearly....

Lol I don't like her either.

DOOO ITTT, do it for the poor cows! that have to give up their milk and get inseminated forcefully(raped).

(Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    Sorry I need to improve my reading comprehension clearly....

Lol I don't like her either.

DOOO ITTT, do it for the poor cows! that have to give up their milk and get inseminated forcefully(raped).
    Actually I buy milk that is imported from Bulgaria, where the dairy industry is much more ethical

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aquariumv1)
    I thought of becoming a vegan, but... you can't get B12 from only plant based foods.
    And I don't want to supplemt.
    So I decided... to eat only fish and no land based meat, dairy or eggs.
    Fish isn't vegan
    (Original post by RobML)
    No one implied it was?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    OP did
    no, OP did not, maybe you should take some B12 supplements to help you think clearer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stevo F)
    no, OP did not, maybe you should take some B12 supplements to help you think clearer
    Again, I'm sorry. I need to improve my reading comprehension XD

And yes, I should. I'm worrying about myself a little It must be the lack of sleep.

ReputationRep:
    You like freelee ?

Lol well as freelee would say "You don't need to be eating/drinking cow puss"
    Exactly. Why drink another baby's stolen milk? We're not baby cows nor should we be breastfeeding! Rice milk is so yummy and naturally sweet there's so many alternatives out there

ReputationRep:
    I thought of becoming a vegan, but you can't get B12 from only plant based foods.
    So I decided to eat only fish and no land based meat, dairy or eggs.

Now I saw an article where it said that fish are not capable of feeling pain.
    So it's much more humane to eat them than land based animals who DO feel pain.
    And it's better for our bodies and the planet.

So from tomorrow I am giving up meat,dairy products and eggs forever and I am going to eat only sardines and salmon and fruits,vegetables nuts and legums.
    Great to see you giving up meat, eggs and dairy products, but I would query your claim that fish do not feel pain. You cite one article, whereas numerous other articles and studies suggest that fish can feel pain and suffer.

Given the risk of inflicting pain and suffering on fish, and given that there's nothing wrong whatsoever with using supplements and/or fortified foods, why eat fish?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viddy9)
    Great to see you giving up meat, eggs and dairy products, but I would query your claim that fish do not feel pain. You cite one article, whereas numerous other articles and studies suggest that fish can feel pain and suffer.

Given the risk of inflicting pain and suffering on fish, and given that there's nothing wrong whatsoever with using supplements and/or fortified foods, why eat fish?
    Ability to feel pain isn't simply a yes/no thing just like sentience isn't simply a yes/no thing. If fish feel pain they certainly feel it with less lucidity than more complex animals, imo. How much so is impossible to find out at our level of understanding, however.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I thought of becoming a vegan, but you can't get B12 from only plant based foods.

So from tomorrow I am giving up meat,dairy products and eggs forever and I am going to eat only sardines and salmon and fruits,vegetables nuts and legums.
    Good on you for making the change but:

All fish will feel pain, emotional and physical.
    It is in no way more humane to eat marine animals - it's inhumane to eat any dead body, or animal secretion or by-product.

The oceans are under serious threat of degradation and due to the masses of chemical and bio-waste being dumped into the oceans worldwide, they are in a filthy state - and so are the animals. They consume all our waste which is stored in their flesh...which you then eat - hardly healthy.
    The levels of mercury found in the flesh of marine animals is on the rise - mercury is toxic to humans.

B12 isn't only a veggie concern, actually a large proportion meat-eaters are deficient in B12. There isn't really a need to supplement B12 as your body doesn't lose it, it recycles it - although to be "safe", or for peace-of-mind you can take a supplement, every week, two weeks or so.
    Also, B12 doesn't come from animals, it comes from the earth, which means that if our crops weren't so clean and we didn't mind eating some soil on our veggies then everyone would have far more sufficient B12 levels.

Apart from that, you can get every single vitamin and mineral from a plant-based (vegan) diet - all plant foods contain protein; white rice is high in iron; bananas are high in potassium; dark, leafy greens in calcium; sweet potatoes in vitamin A and fibre and nuts and seeds are high in Omega-3 and 6 fatty acids.

I would recommend to you at HCLF diet - high in carbohydrates, low in fat - don't be scared off by the hype that carbs make you fat...our bodies are built to primarily run off glucose.

Resources to look into:
    Dr. McDougall & The Starch Solution
    Cowspiracy
    Seaspiracy*
    The China Study
    NutritionFacts.org
    Freelee The Banana Girl & RawTill4
    Blackfish*
    Forks Over Knives
    Earthlings (If you can stomach it)
    An Inconvenient Truth

* = related to marine animals and the oceanic ecosystem.

ReputationRep:
    Soon we'll all be exoskeleton-munching insectivores anyway.

Prepare yourself for crunchy goodness.

ReputationRep:
    Vegan diet is dangerous.
    You can't get b12,calcium,iron...
    Hard water has just as much calcium as milk.

ReputationRep:

I'm sort of doing this. More so a pescatarian so fish is the only 'meat' to be consumed.

Are you bengali
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I love fish. Prawns, shrimp, mussels, squid especially. Battered and breaded fish - cod, haddock, plaice - is also wonderful.

ReputationRep:
    "let's all eat fish it's much more good"

much more good

MUCH MORE GOOD

MUCH MORE GOOD

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

Have fun with the chemicals in the salmon.

ReputationRep:

Plants feel pain aswell. -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny McCoyne)
    Cereal is foritifed with B12 and it's not the only vegan product that is either... Soy milk too has b12 added.

Nice try OP. Vegans are the super race, we reign supreme.
    Yes!

(Original post by Dr Pesto)
    Legumes do feel pain though.
    I hope that was a joke...

[QUOTE=TheonlyMrsHolmes;62852109]I turned fully vegan today!
    QUOTE]

Yes! <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onahta)
    The oceans are under serious threat of degradation and due to the masses of chemical and bio-waste being dumped into the oceans worldwide, they are in a filthy state - and so are the animals. They consume all our waste which is stored in their flesh...which you then eat - hardly healthy.
    The levels of mercury found in the flesh of marine animals is on the rise - mercury is toxic to humans.
    This.
    It doesn't matter if fish can feel pain or not, eating them and not meat is not the best idea.
    If we keep eating fish at the rate we are, we will have no fish left by 2048.

ReputationRep:
    The sea is a filthy cesspool full of pollution and microscopic pieces of plastic floating about and being eaten by the fish which is then eaten by people. The thought of eating sea fish makes me want to throw up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JenniMusic)
    I hope that was a joke...
    Not at all, I'm a proud representative of the National Association for the Prevention of Harm to Legumes, NAPHL (pronounced "napple").

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.