Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I go watch a movie by myself? Watch

ReputationRep:
    21st December 2015 went to the cinema to watch Star Wars: The Force Awakens on my own. It was the first time I'd been to a cinema in about 12 years.

So, yeah, go.

ReputationRep:
    Deadpool is so great, you should definitely see it! Seriously, I always see people in the cinema alone and no one judges them. It's cool, go see what you wanna see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by similarBlank)
    21st December 2015 went to the cinema to watch Star Wars: The Force Awakens on my own. It was the first time I'd been to a cinema in about 12 years.

So, yeah, go.
    Same I went to see Star Wars and Jurassic world by myself. Literally no one cares

ReputationRep:
    Just go it alone I've done that a few times. When Skyfall came out I saw it on my own, had a great time, got chatting to some people sitting next to me afterwards.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Do it.

ReputationRep:
    It's dark in the cinema I can't even see my friends let alone any loners
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    See plenty of people alone in the cinema. I've never actually done it but that's because until now I've never thought of the cinema as something to do alone.

The next time a film comes out that looks good but nobody wants to come, I'll definitely go alone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Impressive)
    Will it be awkward?
    Yes.

Is it sad?
    Yes
    Take your pathetic insecurities elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Use Err Name)
    I've never actually done it but that's because until now I've never thought of the cinema as something to do alone.
    I totally get that. Why would you want to do something alone where you sit in a dark room, staring at a screen, and can't talk to anyone, riiiight?!

ReputationRep:
    wait for it to come out on the pirates bay

(Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil)
    Take your pathetic insecurities elsewhere.
    Oh..

Posted from TSR Mobile

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil)
    I totally get that. Why would you want to do something alone where you sit in a dark room, staring at a screen, and can't talk to anyone, riiiight?!
    you've never been on a date to the cinema m7 have ya

ReputationRep:
    Dates aside, I really don't see the big deal with going to the cinema on your own- you spend 95% of the time there sat in the dark not talking or paying attention tion to anything around you. I went to the cinema at least 50 times last, and I'd guess that about 20 of those were by myself (I work around the corner from the cinema I have an Unlimited pass for, so it's just convenient). Nobody else cares in the screen, and after the trailers when the lights go down it doesn't matter if you're in a group of one or a group of ten.

ReputationRep:
    You're overthinking this. It's not a big deal. Every time I go to the cinema I'm on my own, and no-one cares. You're there to enjoy the film, nothing else matters.

ReputationRep:
    As a cinema worker, I'd say go for it!
    Nothing wrong with going by yourself, who can you talk to while watching a film anyway?
    And I can tell you that often people who are by themselves get the better seats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    Well - I really really REALLY wanna see Deadpool in cinemas. But my brother won't go with me. The other one is 14 and he wants to go but it's rated 15+ and loads of people have been getting ID'd so I'm not risking that. There's no way IN HELL I'm gonna go see it with my parents :lol:

Most of my friends aren't into superhero stuff, and the ones that are went to see it a few days ago but I couldn't go.

So... should I go by myself? Will it be awkward? Has anyone done this? Is it sad? Where do I sit?
    Go for it!! Its called masturdating where you go alone hahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bad_username)
    Go for it!! Its called masturdating where you go alone hahah
    lol i went alone
    so x rated x'DDDDDD

ReputationRep:
    i only skim read, but yeah totally

oh woops you said you did

good i'm glad dunno why people so afraid of doin things alone

ReputationRep:
    Dead pool is brilliant! But it's a bit of a boyish film! Try and find someone to go with

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.