Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Student in Process Watch

• View Poll Results: How many hours do you spend on revision on school nights?
    0 (more free time lol)
    22.22%
    1 (me; shhh don't tell anyone)
    11.11%
    1.5 (extra 3o mins makes a difference?)
    22.22%
    2 (good)
    11.11%
    2.5 (even better)
    22.22%
    3 (great!)
    0%
    3.5 (amazing!)
    0%
    4 (someone's dedicated)
    0%
    4.5 (...)
    0%
    5+ (holy moly)
    11.11%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hals)
    Plan For Today (Day 2)
    Just got home from school and I think i should create a checklist for the day the day before. i'll see how today's method goes and see if it works for me to do a checklist for the same day.
    Anyhow here's my checklist for today:
    - do additional maths questions
    - do geography past paper questions (hazards)
    - do questions in french workbook (for 30 mins, get as much as pos done)
    - check that any science homework questions / past papers haven't been completed
    - write notes for P1 by hand (one page at least if time)
    I'm hoping this isn't going to be too much, i want to get everything on here done because I'll be out tomorrow so no work then
    Out of this list i managed to do:
    - do additional maths questions
    - check that any science homework questions / past papers haven't been completed
    i also ignored my other To Do's and started doing biology B4 and B5 workbook questions (basically i went totally off task and didn't do some other important stuff) yikes i'll have to start reducing my list from now on!!

ReputationRep:
    What i've done today:
    - B1, B2, B3 past paper
    - B1 course over view (mixed questions)
    - French vocab
    - geography past paper question

ReputationRep:
    ok i thought that maybe i should make my blog more inspirational! So how about a few daily motivational study quotes?? here's one to start it off Name:  Unknown.png
Views: 27
Size:  8.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    I also thought it would be a good idea to include some study tips? I think one of the best ways for me personally is to create my own resources for example:

- Mini Revision Booklet - don't write a book, just broken down points you need to know! As you get closer to exams you should know it from memory but anything you forget, just write it down somewhere so you can make sure you remember it.
    -----> this is also really useful if you have any subjects that don't have revision guides! for example, i do this for my aqa geography b because they have textbooks only! (absurd I know!)
    - Mind Maps - when you make them you kind of automatically shorten points down and then you can try to recreate your mind map on another piece of paper from memory to try remember it!

- Create a study timetable! personally i was struggling to create one but CGP have an example one you can use or just look at for inspiration that it actually rather useful and also has tips at the bottom. here's the link if you're interested :
    Spoiler:
    Show
    https://www.cgpbooks.co.uk/interactive_tips_exam

on the first tip, click the 'see sample' hyperlink

ReputationRep:
    today i've decided to plan differently and see how it goes. this time i will put timings so that i can keep on track and make sure i don't procrastinate here's the plan for today then:
    6pm-7.40pm: french written controlled assessment practise
    7.50-8.30: notes on p1 (for revision)
    8.35-9.40: additional maths review (make a mini revision guide for start topics)
    9.45-10.20: science past papers C1-C3, B1-3 (to complete unfinished questions)

hope this works out well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hals)
    today i've decided to plan differently and see how it goes. this time i will put timings so that i can keep on track and make sure i don't procrastinate here's the plan for today then:
    6pm-7.40pm: french written controlled assessment practise
    7.50-8.30: notes on p1 (for revision)
    8.35-9.40: additional maths review (make a mini revision guide for start topics)
    9.45-10.20: science past papers C1-C3, B1-3 (to complete unfinished questions)

hope this works out well
    this turned out to be quite a good method of setting myself tasks! i didn't do anything until tim list was completed, so i'll be doing that from now on

ReputationRep:
    The plan for today:

7.30-8.00pm
    p1 revision videos:
    • heat and temperature
    • specific heat capacity
    • specific latent heat
    • insulating your homes
    • energy and efficiency

8.00-9.20pm
    • french workbook tasks
    • highlight/underline any unknown words and record on a separate sheet of paper
    • find translation for each word
    • place these new words in flashcard deck and review tomorrow morning

9:20-10pm
    • science past paper B1-3 (continued from yesterday)

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get to post anything yesterday because i was wrapped up in last minute homework >.<
    Last night i made a checklist, written on a whiteboard, of what I would do today (with timings) but i'd overestimated myself and decided to start too early, hence i has had to push everything an hour ahead -_- but nevertheless everything is being done! So far i have made Biology notes for 3 pages and completed a maths paper ( well nearly finished) so i decided i would make some flashcards now. but then I remembered i till need to make a revision timetable !! so after a bit of scrounging on the internet, i found an example one forth CGP website. i thought i would share it on here
    (note: its an excel file)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    https://www.cgpbooks.co.uk/interactive_tips_exam
    on the first tip, click the see samples hyperlink
    hope this helps!
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: xlsx revision_time_example.xlsx (490.3 KB, 46 views)

ReputationRep:
    my life is getting pretty stressful and is pretty packed i keep forgetting to post on here! i keep changing revision strategies etc but hopefully after all the trial and error, it'll work out in my favour

i found an online template for a revision planner which doesn't have timings in it because i find that when i restrict myself to certain timings, it makes it less realistic and i just eventually give up because i can't stick to my timetable. now i've put what areas i need to focus on every week and what ill be focusing on each day WITHOUT time restrictions so that i can complete the tasks in any order i want and to allow flexibility because it' pretty unrealistic to be able to plan/ predict whats to come so if i just set myself "homework" then i'll be more likely to complete it and not give up

really hope this works out xx

also I'm going to join in with the tsr hourly revision session update thing so that i can motivate myself and feel like i've accomplished something. I even have an end prize i will award myself (hopefully mum accepts) if i do as well as i plan to in gcse's!!! (the prize is a summing galaxy s6 - camera quality is uh-may-zing!!)

note to self 1: stop procrastinating on tsr
    note to self 2: stop pondering on anime AND EAT DINNER NOW!!

i'll try to update later on and say what i've accomplished today !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hals)
    also I'm going to join in with the tsr hourly revision session update thing so that i can motivate myself and feel like i've accomplished something. I even have an end prize i will award myself (hopefully mum accepts) if i do as well as i plan to in gcse's!!! (the prize is a summing galaxy s6 - camera quality is uh-may-zing!!)
    The revision sessions are really good, I did a few I'm half term. You just have to be careful not to overestimate how much you'll get done (like I did. )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ara8311a)
    The revision sessions are really good, I did a few I'm half term. You just have to be careful not to overestimate how much you'll get done (like I did. )
    hahaha thanks for the advice i have trouble realistically setting myself tasks as well. for example rn I'm supposed to have moved on to maths but i'm still stuck on english lot -__-

as long as i get SOMETHING done i'm ok with it heh

ReputationRep:
    i feel like the less i come on tsr the more work i do ha. today has been really productive (so far). I've nearly fished memorising the whole of B1 and last night i spent 3-4 hours creating notes for of mice and men just from a 48 minute video... and i've got blisters from all the writing >.<
    i've decided that a revision study tim table isn't going to work for me because all of my days are unpredictable and i don't really stick to them. i just know what i have to do and hen i do it, which is working heh.

i plan to finish all of B1 today, just need 3 more pages then i can continue P1 and do some homework then computer science flashcards. if i have time after that i'll dose english literature revision (for the anthologies).

i think my brain wanted me to do loads of work today (well more than usual) because i slept at 2 and woke up 7 hours later with no alarm or anything. i'm not even tired and i was planning on sleeping in until 12 pm lol so i guess it's that body clock thing we have..idk

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.