ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Entropy is bae
    hahaha
    'TRUTH'!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sade_101)
    Can someone help with this question please:

A 25.0 cm3 portion of a solution containing Fe2+ and Fe3+ ions was acidified and titrated against potassium permanganate (VII) solution. 15.0 cm3 of a 0.0200 mol dm-3 solution of potassium manganate (VII) were required. A second 25.0cm3 portion was reduced with zinc and titrated against the same manganate solution. This time 19.0cm3 of the oxidant was required.
    a) calculate the concentrations of Fe2+ and Fe3+ ions in the solution
    b) what percentage of the total iron content of the solution was Fe3+

So far I've done:
    MnO4- + 8H+ + 5Fe2+ ---> Mn2+ + 4H2O + 5Fe3+
    mole of MnO4 = 3x10-4 mol and mole of Fe2+ = 1.5x10-3 mol (1:5 mole ratio)
    concentration of Fe2+ = 0.06 moldm-3

I have no idea how to work out the concentration of Fe3+
    Do you know what the actual answer is? I got 0.76 for Fe3+ ions

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, I didn't see this thread earlier Can anyone actually do the last question on any F325 paper, they are most horrendous things EVER! :mad: I really need an A*, but questions like these (and really tough NMR questions like last year's) I can't even bare with

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone explain why the voltage of A cell would change with time??

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have the 2015 f324 and f325 papers please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kamara7)
    Ooh, I didn't see this thread earlier Can anyone actually do the last question on any F325 paper, they are most horrendous things EVER! :mad: I really need an A*, but questions like these (and really tough NMR questions like last year's) I can't even bare with
    I sat the F325 paper in which they started making the questions harder. Most of the people in my class got almost nowhere with it, but anyone on track for an A* didn't find it too much trouble.

NMR comes easily with lots of practice.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a link or something tothe june 2015 ocr chemistry papers really need them for practice im not in school so can't get a papers from a teacher

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    I sat the F325 paper in which they started making the questions harder. Most of the people in my class got almost nowhere with it, but anyone on track for an A* didn't find it too much trouble.

NMR comes easily with lots of practice.
    I've just been practising any NMR material I could get my hands on XD I need to search up spectra when that runs out. I always panic in F324 exams because I usually have like 7 minutes to do a 7 mark NMR question for example, so I'm really pressured for time

ReputationRep:
    I'm ****ed lads, A*A*E incoming

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guys - does anyone know how to do the last question F324 June 2015? I really can't get my head around it.

ReputationRep:
    acc gonna fail F324 from NMR, and going to fail F325 100% :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tcameron)
    Completely failing the practicals this year I got an A overall last year so only needed a B in my exams, but I'm currently on a D in my practicals and I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong that I keep getting low marks
    I'm in exactly the same position Idk why I'm finding them so bad this year, last year praticals were the easiest bit...

(Original post by Hunnybeebee)
    acc gonna fail F324 from NMR, and going to fail F325 100% :'(
    Me too, practising seems to make no different either ( Screwed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aykem)
    I'm in exactly the same position Idk why I'm finding them so bad this year, last year praticals were the easiest bit...

Me too, practising seems to make no different either ( Screwed
    Everything in the book is fine and then I do a past paper and I feel like I'm back to square one again, so bad that I need an A this year D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hunnybeebee)
    Everything in the book is fine and then I do a past paper and I feel like I'm back to square one again, so bad that I need an A this year D:
    Its like i can't wrap my head around the question and applying the knowledge. And same, but I'm deffo not getting an A at this rate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aykem)
    Its like i can't wrap my head around the question and applying the knowledge. And same, but I'm deffo not getting an A at this rate.
    Totally was getting A's in past papers for F324, did the 2015 one in the mock and went to an E, was an absolute damper

ReputationRep:
    Soo rustrating understanding everything whilst revising and in lessons but as SOON as we do a mock it goes out the window..just done f325 2015 paper and it's like my brain has switched off by the last question...HELP :'(

ReputationRep:
    Hi, does anyone have the F321 June 2015 paper ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToLiveInADream)
    Hi, I'm on OCR A Chemistry! I need an A for uni, but I'm aiming for an A* We did last year's paper as a mock and it was extremely difficult, luckily grade boundaries were relatively low for an A..
    Hi, do you have the f324 and f325 2015 paper? as i am searching for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiemckkk)
    Soo rustrating understanding everything whilst revising and in lessons but as SOON as we do a mock it goes out the window..just done f325 2015 paper and it's like my brain has switched off by the last question...HELP :'(
    Hi, watch this video and it will explain how to last question https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuEfvamQrP4

Please can you send me F324 and F324 2015 paper as i desperately need them?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.