Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do women want the guy to be dominant in pretty much every way? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by problemglasses)
    Most girls will read the OP and will instantly think ''sexist'', ''generalizations'' or ''socialization'' (basically something something patriarchy), it's unreal how few western women acknowledge innate differences between men and women. Or is it because the type of girl who replies to this type of thread has already been processed through the marxist/feminist/leftist academia machine?

The few girls who do keep it real are usually STEM students and/or non-white, non-middle class.
    are there innate differences between STEM and non-STEM, white and non-white, and middle class and non-middle class then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xysoo)
    Lol mate fact you are complaining about this suggests beta-ness.

if your woman expects you to e dominant, then dominate the hell out of her :lol:. or would you rather she was the one wearing the trousers?

ps. though never make yourself vulnerable to her in any way, because as many men have discovered in the past most women will say they love you, but when times get hard or when things get tough they will not hesitate to desert / kick you when you're down (especially western women) .
    Guys are capable of doing the same thing.
    It's a question of humanity, not gender.

ReputationRep:
    Dominant men are sexy. Not betas lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    its like generalising saying:
    • men want super models
    • men want younger women
    • men want shorter girls than them
    • men want curvy women
    its just generalisations and not always the case but dominant men are
    There's nothing wrong with making general observations - the OP didn't say every woman has these preferences, so it wasn't an overgeneralisation.

And yes, the generalisations you make would probably be valid, at least for modern Western culture (and if you'd phrased them as generalisations, rather than overgeneralisations).

ReputationRep:
    Men are supposed to dominate it's called being masculine

ReputationRep:
    Most people on here are too young to have had any experience of (adult) men and women. Anyway, it takes years to really figure out what you want and separate that from what you are told you should want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leavingthecity)
    I agree with some of your points but;

Er, picky females? You've over generalised here quite severely. Often we have the situation, and this exists within human society even to this day, whereby you have one male who will impregnate a group of females. He may be dominant by definition and by his traits, but the females don't get a say in mating with him generally. The males fight it out, and therefore ultimately as a group decide who get the females. This can be seen today amongst humans where it is the men who In many societies organise amongst themselves who will have which females by way of agreed marriage, religious doctrine etc.

Yes, how vey nice that it can be observed that with some species the female gets to pick the best of the bunch. Now, this is where dominance of the male being attractive comes in. If you are pregnant, with children, and have a body that is designed to bare children and less designed to take/pull punches, then you will choose someone who can support/protect you when needed. You are right in this sense, why you haven't argued this is strange because it's a strong and obvious point. In harem situations however this is not the case.

Please don't use phrases like infinitely more picky, it doesn't have a place in discussion of science, here it doesn't make actual sense. Say what you mean or what is the actual case.

Yes thanks, I've been the recipient of decisions and speeches by these powerful women several minutes before you and the vast majority via my Bloomberg platform, I see their achievements in the movement of the markets, I see their impact in ways that you probably have very limited access to. And I also watch nature documentaries thanks.

So yes, there are evolutionary and also historical factors at play. You have greatly minimised the latter.
    LOL. First time I've seen anyone be so proud of having access to a Bloombie. And what a totally irrelevant point to bring up in response to his comment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClickItBack)
    LOL. First time I've seen anyone be so proud of having access to a Bloombie. And what a totally irrelevant point to bring up in response to his comment.
    ClickItBack, I'm assuming now that you are on bbg, we both know it's not an achievement, it's a necessity. Come on, it's not hard to follow; I'm being asked whether I am aware of these prominent women and my response is...yeeeess... and I see the impact they make in a way that, as a consequence of just having these information feeds, shows us just how influential they are. As opposed to 'Nah OP no idea who these people are sorry'.

ReputationRep:
    Damn, you said "most" and not "all", this means I can't disprove your claims by giving myself as an example.

(Original post by xobeauty)
    Are you saying we should want a whiny, lazy, no goals ,short ,bum? Just because girls have more rights doesn't mean guys could slack off now.
    You're missing the point. Women are the ones slacking off. Behaving as if they were still supposed to be housewives, looking for a wealthy man etc. Why is it that it's always the guy who has to ask the girl out, do women not need confidence? Why does the man have to earn more? Why does the man have to be taller, is this slacking off too? Why does the man always have to have at least the same or higher in education and career ladder, why can't the woman be more successful in the relationship? Why are women allowed to be emotional but men aren't? Now, this isn't always true, but it is most of the time.

ReputationRep:
    If you look at general female preferences and choices when it comes to men they rarely differ from these main ''guidelines'' :

- most want the guy to be taller
    - most want the guy to ask them out, plan dates, call back, propose, basically to take charge and be more confident than them
    - most want a guy who is at least as educated and/or intelligent as them
    - most want the man to be dominant in bed
    - most want a guy who isn't too emotional and is in control when **** hits the fan
    - most women love older men
    - most women love dating and marrying men who earn more and are higher in the career ladder

We live in a world where young women make more more than young men, they do better in school, they earn the majority of college degrees with the gap getting higher every year, they wear whatever they want and have as many sexual partners as they like. So why do women still behave like they did hundreds of years ago when their rights and opportunities were not much better than that of a battery chicken? Why this great need for male dominance and leadership?
    Most men want to be the dominant one and women like to allow them to think and feel or just plain old be the dominant one.

A lot of young women saw it in their own families and grew up knowing only that. I feel dominance kind of goes hand in hand with being manly, women aren't supposed to be manly. Men are traditionally the heads of the household and take care of everything, not everyone fully conforms to the modern world.

Women also are constantly beat down on called hoes and whores till this day for having multiple partners and people who do eventually want to settle down will need to have had a small amount of sexual partners otherwise most guys wouldn't want them. double standards will exist for many years to come unfortunately, a lot of it has to do with upbringing.

ReputationRep:
    Confident/successful/tall women are extremely attractive, used to fall into the trap of thinking that I'd be intimidated by such people but I've slowly come to the realization that how kind someone is has nothing to do with their career path/confidence. Also they're usually much more fun to be with.

I think it's about balance in the modern world, I like some dominance in a women and couldn't deal with someone who had no initiative to take action herself. I'm not always right and a second opinion from an intelligent partner is always a good thing, especially when I might be making a stupid mistake. Success adds more money to the travel/future family pot and there just really is no negative to it at all. I'm starting to see more and more girls who are out-earning their partners about a third of my close team in work have partners who are making more than them, some considerably more. Two of them are living with their girlfriend in HER house.

Basically give it some years and you'll start to see more difference than there already is compared to decades ago, as cultural values slowly change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Amen! Plus guys who are dominant,especially in bed is hella sexy. Can't be with a beta guy,I'm too much to handle.
    Are you mocking me or actually agreeing?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Evolution.

ReputationRep:
    If you look at general female preferences and choices when it comes to men they rarely differ from these main ''guidelines'' :

- most want the guy to be taller
    - most want the guy to ask them out, plan dates, call back, propose, basically to take charge and be more confident than them
    - most want a guy who is at least as educated and/or intelligent as them
    - most want the man to be dominant in bed
    - most want a guy who isn't too emotional and is in control when **** hits the fan
    - most women love older men
    - most women love dating and marrying men who earn more and are higher in the career ladder

We live in a world where young women make more more than young men, they do better in school, they earn the majority of college degrees with the gap getting higher every year, they wear whatever they want and have as many sexual partners as they like. So why do women still behave like they did hundreds of years ago when their rights and opportunities were not much better than that of a battery chicken? Why this great need for male dominance and leadership?
    What you're saying may be true about most girls, but far from all, and a lot fewer than in the past. And some of those who date dominant men may be doing it because that's all they think they can get or concerns about how people might perceive a guy who didn't fit that stereotype. For example there are many people here who talk about 'beta' guys as if they aren't fit to love or be loved.

In my case, almost none of the cliches apply:

- I'm slightly shorter than my girlfriend
    - She asked me out and was the first to propose sex
    - She's two years ahead of me at university, final year vs first
    - She's more intelligent than me, has better A-levels, will definitely get a first whereas I probably won't
    - She's quite dominant in bed, for instance she's banned me from having orgasms until further notice
    - Neither of us are very emotional but she's a lot stronger than me
    - She'll soon be a top barrister whereas I'll be an author or journalist, a lower-status, much less well paid job

I agree that nowadays girls do better at school and university and get into the professions in bigger numbers than us guys. They also earn more up to the age 29, by which time having babies and making career decisions that let them balance work and motherhood mean they fall behind and men overtake them.

It seems to me that the best solution therefore is for the more intelligent and ambitious young women to date guys who are less able and ambitious but are happy to play the role women traditionally did of compromising their careers so they can look after their homes and children.

Why would guys have a problem with this? I love my girlfriend, so I want her to do well and be fulfilled. If as I hope we stay together and one day get married, I'd consider it a privilege to support her practically in return for her supporting me and our children financially. Yes, that's the opposite of how things are traditionally, but if it leads to a couple and their children being happy and comfortably off, what's wrong with it?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.