The Student Room Group

God save the Poles

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by sleepysnooze
are you asking me for evidence? if you're asking me for evidence, just say it: just say "show me evidence". don't tip toe around it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/poland/2505447/Poland-ends-army-conscription.html
^they've had the draft only until 2008.

You do realise that we were also operating a policy of conscription, don't you? It was a sodding World War you silly sod. Look at the photographs in the OP. The Poles who came over to the UK were gallant patriots who cared for their nation. They were not tortured into it. What exactly is the point that you are trying to make?
Original post by Saturnine.
You do realise that we were also operating a policy of conscription, don't you? It was a sodding World War you silly sod. Look at the photographs in the OP. The Poles who came over to the UK were gallant patriots who cared for their nation. They were not tortured into it. What exactly is the point that you are trying to make?

I thought you'd say this. you're trying to suggest that if our soldiers were drafted then this means that our soldiers were moral. well, honestly, they were forced so...how were they saints? the immorality and dishonour of desertion, or simply the legal punishment, probably would have been worse for them, so they had no choice. I mean, they were fighting for their country - I'll admit that they did good things in that sense. but the polish were equally fighting for *their* country. to fight hitler in poland, germany or france was to stop him from being able to take over one;s country

can I ask why it's specifically the *poles* that you're defending? what about the russians? they lost the most in the second world war, right?
(edited 8 years ago)
I actually agree with the OP. Whilst i don't much care about what they did in WW2 i think that of all the immigrant groups they are one of the most attractive in terms of generally being hard working and making some effort to integrate. Once you get chatting to them they tend to open up and be pretty cool, the children also tend once born here to speak English and fit in.

I'd rather have a Pole than a Pakistani personally.
Reply 43
Original post by Xysoo
Lol Op wants to talk about how Poles are so great, so posts stories about Polish from like 100 years ago. Well I've got a story too - about Polish immigration here today:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/5198199/Thousands-of-foreign-fugitives-on-the-run-in-the-UK.html

is this a page from the daily mail?
#PolishPride :u:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending