Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Shouldn't I be allowed to use the N word Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    'nowadays'?

It's been in the English Dictionary for centuries, don't understand what you're trying to say :cute:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Loooool okay then

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackSweetness)
    This had me creasing, if a white person started calling me and my group of mates the N word, the persons jaw would be at the back of their head!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poUCpXuwi4o

ReputationRep:
    well i have had two guys who are black as friends and while one was ok to the point of encouraging it (he was the only black guy in glass and go excluded for saying it and eventually it was overturned after everyone in the year went up against the management) the other doesn't even like people to reference it even as the n-word
    so it's on that i'd personally say no unless it in the context of use such as in reading historic novels (of mice and men for example)

ReputationRep:
    Personally I know a couple of racists,nice people otherwise you understand, and it never occurs to them to use the n word.

The irony is that someone using the n word will usually,I believe, be using it not for its racist connotations but purely because they believe it's the easiest way to rile a black man.(edit,sure that's almost the same but the point is they would use something else if it occurred to them)

(Which is why this subject,as has been said, is relevant to football. Riling other players can be a useful tactic.)

However I disagree that it's the easiest way.

Unfortunatley I can't tell you the easier ways as they are all very very racist while I'm not at all racist.

No sir.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    You are allowed to say whatever you want.

But people might respond aggressively. Im not someone who supports this but you have to bear that in mind.

ReputationRep:
    In answer to the original question I absolutely believe that it's utterly utterly laughable that people cannot say the n word in this day and age.

And while I am of course reasonably au fait with the history behind its offensiveness I think it's about time we all ******* well grew up.

I personally have never ever used it and can't think of any situation where I would but I certainly don't mind others using it.

I think people who get offended at cartoons or words or things that cannot harm them are pathetic.

And indeed,for that reason alone no mere word should EVER be out of bounds.

But of course we don't live in a sensible society.We live in a rediculous ,hypocritical one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    'nowadays'?

It's been in the English Dictionary for centuries, don't understand what you're trying to say :cute:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    KissAnime, Alex? For shame.

ReputationRep:
    No. One day you'll say it around the wrong person and you'll really be sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolboy101101)
    I thought it was fuuny lol
    but I guess it could relate to football since some people have got the red card for saying the N word, I don't think its offensive anymore tho
    Furthermore it's not your place to say whether or not its still offensive. You're white lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nameless Ghoul)
    KissAnime, Alex? For shame.
    :ninja:

Stupid internet restrictions mean that I can't access most sites. And it seems pretty damn good to me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.