x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What do we want?

AN END TO PROCRASTINATION!

WHEN DO WE WANT IT?

Eh, maybe sometime tomorrow

Spoiler:
    Show
    While I was at uni, I was awful for procrastinating. One thing I did was ban myself from facebook and I would build up my LinkedIn connections instead, its hard to spend lots of time on it with the added bonus of being slightly productive.

The other thing was every evening I would list 3-5 tasks that I needed to finish the following day, they were important but manageable. I found that it was easier to stay focused when I was aware that I wasn't going to leave the library until they were finished and I still had loads left on the list.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly I haven't procrastinated that much, but I do find that my note taking is consuming so much time and I'm not progressing that far. I still have a ton of topics to cover for every subject... ANY ADVICE for how to overcome this?

Maybe I could just read through a topic and note down any key words/phrases and stop focusing on making colourful notes. Once I have a set of plain notes, I can go over it with highlighters.
    Immediately after, I should be doing practice questions related to this topic, does require a lot of concentration and energy to do exam questions tho. Well I just need to toughen up and go for the past papers because I need to get used to the format.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dean01234)
    What do we want?

AN END TO PROCRASTINATION!

WHEN DO WE WANT IT?

Eh, maybe sometime tomorrow
    Spoiler:
    Show
    While I was at uni, I was awful for procrastinating. One thing I did was ban myself from facebook and I would build up my LinkedIn connections instead, its hard to spend lots of time on it with the added bonus of being slightly productive.

The other thing was every evening I would list 3-5 tasks that I needed to finish the following day, they were important but manageable. I found that it was easier to stay focused when I was aware that I wasn't going to leave the library until they were finished and I still had loads left on the list.
    OMG I hadn't seen this post until today! I appreciate it
    It's funny how I came on here to procrastinate

LinkedIn - I've always had the impression it was for adults and I'm not looking for a job but sounds great during uni.

I always find that if I have no immediate deadlines, I'm not motivated to complete tasks and I can never find a reliable accountability partner sigh.
    Motivation is temporary too :/
    I just don't know how to change my habits of lazing around

ReputationRep:
    Motivation is temporary.
    Don't know what's happened but the last couple of days I have done zilch.

Yet I claim that I am aiming for A's... I need someone who will hold me accountable for my study. ANy volunteers cos I am aT CriSis PoINt?

The amount of past papers I have to go through for chemistry and biology - about 25 per subject and people say you should do papers twice (but PROcrastination is A THIEF of time). I have been working on ONE past paper for the last week and what is the point. I need to stop and actually revise the content as I am just hopelessly trying to piece blunt jigsaw puzzles of information together.
    It's also partly due to the fact that I feel obliged to finish the paper before I can move onto something else (it's just me being inefficient).

Lol just had to get that off my chest.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but what the actual blistering **** could be distracting you so much that you, as you say, you are at a crisis point??

You set up this blog a while ago with the determination to study and ace your exams. You're predicted C/D and you desire A's to pursue a shot at medicine.

I haven't really seen amazing progress.

You say "I need to stop and actually revise the content"

THEN F.UCKING DO IT. JUST F.UCKING GET OFF THIS SITE, GET OFF FACEBOOK, GET OFF WHATEVER THE **** IS DISTRACTING YOU SO MUCH AND PUT YOUR HEART AND SOUL INTO YOUR WORK. OTHERWISE, YOU'RE JUST KIDDING YOURSELF

"Don't know what's happened but the last couple of days I have done zilch."
    You've seem to lost the drive, the ambition to do well. Well I mean, you haven't really, you still have this idea of getting As, you have this dream of medicine and success.

You need to reconnect with your subjects. Just remember exactly why you studied those subjects and why you're revising them and why you're learning all this jazz. If you really can't answer that question, or have realised something else. then why the **** are you studying those subjects? Do you really really want to study medicine? It's a whole new level, a level I really really hope you've appreciated.

Remember that you actually like your subjects, that you actually want to do well, that you actually enjoy sitting with revision notes and past papers. Whatever the **** is causing you to procrastinate so much, immediately remove it. Just ****ing get rid of the stimulus completely.
    You are going to do revise, you are going to work through the past papers, you are going to master your subjects, and you are going to get 4A's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RMNDK)
    I'm sorry but what the actual blistering **** could be distracting you so much that you, as you say, you are at a crisis point??

You set up this blog a while ago with the determination to study and ace your exams. You're predicted C/D and you desire A's to pursue a shot at medicine.

THEN F.UCKING DO IT. JUST F.UCKING GET OFF THIS SITE, GET OFF FACEBOOK, GET OFF WHATEVER THE **** IS DISTRACTING YOU SO MUCH AND PUT YOUR HEART AND SOUL INTO YOUR WORK. OTHERWISE, YOU'RE JUST KIDDING YOURSELF

You've seem to lost the drive, the ambition to do well. Well I mean, you haven't really, you still have this idea of getting As, you have this dream of medicine and success.

You need to reconnect with your subjects. Just remember exactly why you studied those subjects and why you're revising them and why you're learning all this jazz. If you really can't answer that question, or have realised something else. then why the **** are you studying those subjects? Do you really really want to study medicine? It's a whole new level, a level I really really hope you've appreciated.

Remember that you actually like your subjects, that you actually want to do well, that you actually enjoy sitting with revision notes and past papers. Whatever the **** is causing you to procrastinate so much, immediately remove it. Just ****ing get rid of the stimulus completely.
    You are going to do revise, you are going to work through the past papers, you are going to master your subjects, and you are going to get 4A's
    Very inspirational

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RMNDK)

Wow, that was one heck of a reply. Thanks for this I shan't waste any more time

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.