Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nameless Ghoul)
    Forget it? By God, I remember it with great vigour. The admiration I forged for that witticism carried me through the rest of the day. I could not forget it if I wanted to. That said, a question was asked but it was not asked in the context of Cicero's being the greatest lawyer, and so I did not ask any question like that. My response was entirely accurate and correct, and not premised on forgetfulness. Please refer yourself to Post 25 again; I've done the hard work for you.

And I only say it to friends who have been particularly clumsy. Generally, I do not associate with such people for I find them tiresome, but in your case I can make an exception.
    Oh my goodness... you really don't get what I'm saying eh?

I did not refer to you forgetting the damned book itself! I meant you forgetting asking me whether I liked it (and hence I asked how is that relevant to the original question). I've linked the question at least 3 times now after you repeatedly refused to accept that you asked it - that explains it fully. Wow...

That's quite funny of you to say, considering you are "such people". And no thanks, I've got a taste of ya here and that was enough to say that I don't want anything to do with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Stefan*)
    And here come the ad-hominems!
    'Ad hominem' is an attempt to discredit a position by impugning the character or motive of the person representing it rather than by identifying possible flaws in their argument. Nameless Ghoul seems to be trying to disparage you based upon your argument rather than vice-versa, so if anything the charge isn't so much 'logical fallacy' as it is 'excessive and unwarranted vitriol'.

ReputationRep:
    Atticus Finch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    'Ad hominem' is an attempt to discredit a position by impugning the character or motive of the person representing it rather than by identifying possible flaws in their argument. Nameless Ghoul seems to be trying to disparage you based upon your argument rather than vice-versa, so if anything the charge isn't so much 'logical fallacy' as it is 'excessive and unwarranted vitriol'.
    He called me many things to reach the conclusion that my argument made no sense. In that sense, his personal attacks constituted the basis of his argument against me, since he did not focus on what I said but that it was me who said it (for instance, being a pseudo-intellectual instantly disqualified what I said).

I'd say that more than qualifies as an ad-hominem.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's quite funny of you to say, considering you are "such people"
    Oh, that BURRRRRRNNN. Ouchies.

Just give me a sec to regain myself from that barbaric burn you just handed me … Nah, not yet … Just another sec … Yeah, I am back in the room.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Post 25. Check it before you get rekt-it.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, that BURRRRRRNNN. Ouchies.

Just give me a sec to regain myself from that barbaric burn you just handed me … Nah, not yet … Just another sec … Yeah, I am back in the room.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Post 25. Check it before you get rekt-it.
    The irony isn't quite working here. Did I say something that isn't correct?

I did. Read my reply to that quote, which was one of the many, many times I made the same point.

"Rekt" - spoken like a true champion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The irony isn't quite working here. Did I say something that isn't correct?

I did. Read my reply to that quote, which was one of the many, many times I made the same point.

"Rekt" - spoken like a true champion.
    I'd rather speak like a champion than a girl from the Valley with mild ADHD. That's just me though.

You did not read it, I am sad to say. Maybe you glanced at it, but you're so wound up in preserving that little pretty face of yours that you won't accept any fault, or even allow the possibility of personal fault to entire your mind. Again, Post 25 is all yours, my friend. You just need to be brave. Stick your hand out and claim it; feel its surly stiffness, its peaceful veracity, its love and care, its oneness and wholeness with nature, its juicy core. Then all will come clear.

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather speak like a champion than a girl from the Valley with mild ADHD. That's just me though.

You did not read it, I am sad to say. Maybe you glanced at it, but you're so wound up in preserving that little pretty face of yours that you won't accept any fault, or even allow the possibility of personal fault to entire your mind. Again, Post 25 is all yours, my friend. You just need to be brave. Stick your hand out and claim it; feel its surly stiffness, its peaceful veracity, its love and care, its oneness and wholeness with nature, its juicy core. Then all will come clear.
    Perhaps sarcasm isn't a skill of yours... not that you seem to have any particular skills.

Bla bla bla... again on with the same delirium. I answered specifically to that quote - go ahead and read it.

You just seem to be pestering me for the sake of it - admitting you are wrong isn't exactly difficult, so just do it.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps sarcasm isn't a skill of yours... not that you seem to have any particular skills.

Bla bla bla... again on with the same delirium. I answered specifically to that quote - go ahead and read it.

You just seem to be pestering me for the sake of it - admitting you are wrong isn't exactly difficult, so just do it.
    Stop flirting.

ReputationRep:
    Stop flirting.
    You're not my type brah...

ReputationRep:
    You're not my type brah...
    Smarter than you? Yes, I can understand why you might avoid people of my ilk.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  sau.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  6.3 KB

best lawyer by far..

ReputationRep:
    Smarter than you? Yes, I can understand why you might avoid people of my ilk.
    Yes, you are so much smarter because every sentence of yours is filled with at least one insult.

I'm actually worried that you believe this... lol

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you are so much smarter because every sentence of yours is filled with at least one insult.

I'm actually worried that you believe this... lol
    I do believe it for it is true. And thanks for giving your 5000th post to me.

ReputationRep:
    I do believe it for it is true. And thanks for giving your 5000th post to me.
    Sure... whatever makes you feel better

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.