Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AfcFob)
    AS thank god I think I would cry if I was doing the Psychology A2 😂
    Aw fair enough do you enjoy law though? I find it so good, mines WJEC though which most say is easy aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodle_333)
    I got some jewelry and a few cards. I certainly wouldn't expect anything for results but it was really lovely to get at the same time! I think anything would be well received, it's just nice to have an acknowledgement that people think you've worked hard!
    That's what i think, the main thing is the acknowledgement tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    Well my parents said I could go skiing with my cousin this winter if all goes well...so that will be fun!
    That's an awesome incentive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiquidGold)
    My parents got me some chocolates haha. (Was pleased ☺️)
    But yeh, a lot of people i knew had money incentives, for example for every A* my friend received £200 and £100 for every A 😏
    £200 for an A* and £100 for an A? I'd be loaded, I didn't get anything haha... Just praise

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elen90)
    My gift on AS results day was my mum on the other end of the phone going "What? Are you lying?" "How did you pull that off?". Same for GCSEs.

Thanks mother.
    Nothing like a bit of faith

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    My little sister wrote me cards for AS results day and GCSE results day which was sweet
    Oh em gee, that's the cutest thing ever!! How small is she?

(Original post by Jodie98)
    That's an awesome incentive
    IT IS!!! Especially because it will just be my cousin and I and a few friends...it should be great fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Oh em gee, that's the cutest thing ever!! How small is she?
    At the time she was 12

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    £200 for an A* and £100 for an A? I'd be loaded, I didn't get anything haha... Just praise

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha i know, same!

She hardly got any in the end 😏

ReputationRep:
    Aw fair enough do you enjoy law though? I find it so good, mines WJEC though which most say is easy aha
    I love law but I do AQA (I think) do it's probably different. In all honesty I love all my subjects but psychology as it is the creation of Satan!!

ReputationRep:
    At the time she was 12
    #goalz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    #goalz
    Haha yeah fun times Although I was a bit annoyed with my C on AS day to be happy tbh :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah fun times Although I was a bit annoyed with my C on AS day to be happy tbh :laugh:
    C is still good at AS!!!

ReputationRep:
    C is still good at AS!!!
    Thanks for the consolation I guess it just hits you a bit depending on what you're aiming for

Thanks though

ReputationRep:
    That's what I had. Luckily for my parents I only had 2 hahah
    I've already got two lmao I only just turned 16

ReputationRep:
    Did you guys get GCSE gifts or presents on results day for doing well?
    I was shocked to find the extent that some of my friends parents went to, although I recieved 'well done' gifts and money myself, it was far from outrageous.
    And then there are some that find it stupid and your results ARE the gift. My sister is in year 10 now and is about to sit her first lot of GCSE's and I have no doubt she will do very well, and I want to get her something and I'm not sure what.
    Did you get results presents? What were they? Are you against or for it?
    Not from my parents - we just went out for dinner afterwards. My grandparents gave me a bit of money but not very much. I'm definitely not against people getting gifts for doing well at GCSEs but when people get huge amounts of money for each grade then I feel like this is a bit excessive. I don't think that the money should be your incentive for getting good grades - it's the doors that the good grades open up that should be your real present.

ReputationRep:
    My parents brought me out for a celebratory meal after both my GCSE & A-Level results (or should I say, their equivalents in my country), and I got a 'well done' card on each occasion too.
    After my 'GCSEs', my parents got me a DVD of a film I loved, and after A-Levels they bought me a laptop! I was hugely surprised, but they said it was a combined results/getting-into-university present, plus I would need one once I started. It wasn't a very expensive laptop, but I was so touched

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #sarahsmith2)
    it's the doors that the good grades open up that should be your real present.
    That's what my dad told me. :sigh:

(after giving my two older siblings many hundreds :rant: )

ReputationRep:
    Nothing other that the pleasure of knowing hard work paid off (or not)! Maybe a surprise, but I self-motivate It's the easiest way for me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    That's what my dad told me. :sigh:

(after giving my two older siblings many hundreds :rant: )
    Haha okay that's a bit mean of him - I hate when parents don't treat siblings equally

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.