oh my lord.. :lol::rofl3:
    :toofunny:

(Original post by thermometer)
    oh my lord.. :lol::rofl3:
    :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ||TheUnknown||)
    I'm like 5'2. He's almost 6'0. I love looking up at him though

You are an inch or two below the UK average.

I was expecting you to say 4'10 or something.

It's fine.

Hope it works out.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Underwater sex is apparently good btw. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna take this seriously
    When I was your age I was the same. My friends told me I could do better that's how I found my boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    well, you're over the age of consent (16) so do whatever you want - if you regret then it you regret it.

ReputationRep:
    Whether or not this could work depends on how mature you are. If you're a mature, well-rounded 16 year old, then it could be great. I met my boyfriend when I was 17 and he was 29, and that's worked out very well.

If you're a giggly, immature 16 year old (which is also fine, I mean, you're only 16!) then you're unlikely to have much in common with him and it probably wouldn't go anywhere.

One thing I would point out is that whilst you're above the normal age of consent, the "position of trust" legislation means that it would be illegal for him to have sexual contact with you until you're 18.

I have to say, I don't know if the "position of trust" would be an issue if you quit swimming lessons. It could be argued that because you got to know him when he was in a position of trust, then he still has that position of trust, even when he's no longer your instructor.

I know it sounds pedantic, but if you do pursue this, then I think you should check the legalities before doing anything physical - you don't want to get him into trouble.

ReputationRep:
    Stay clear.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I'm 16. He's turning 21. We have so much banter in our lessons. I don't know . This is stupid. But I really like him?
    What I wanna know is the details. What do you mean by 'banter'? any examples? Is it very matey and jokey or does it have that flirtatious thrill where you're both clearly enjoying each other's company, even the smallest things like one stupid movement you make in the water or something? Did you ever catch him looking at you? My 16 year old self really wants to know.

ReputationRep:
    Just shag him for heavens sake. He's 21 and knows the risk. You're of a legal age so he can't be branded a pedo.

Spoiler:
    Show
    sex in swimming pool changing rooms is awesome Especially knowing theres lots of people around in other cubicles.

Okay, so I'm 16. He's turning 21. We have so much banter in our lessons. I don't know . This is stupid. But I really like him?
    Down in the DM's....
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Isn't he technically in a position of trust? so surely this is not a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Isn't he technically in a position of trust? so surely this is not a good idea.
    That is exactly what I was thinking.

ReputationRep:
    This man is already in his twenties and is probably thinking of his career/university/actual adult life. In context, you're barely out of your diapers and have only recently started sleeping with the light off.

Drop it.

ReputationRep:
    It really does depend on how mature you are. The age difference wouldn't matter once you are older but at both your ages there is a huge difference in maturity levels in my opinion. I'm almost 20 and couldn't imagine going out with a 16 year old, even though it isn't that big of a difference.
    Personally I would say drop it, especially since he's in a professional position and could lose his job.

ReputationRep:
    But what if I like the idea of being jailbait?
    Do you also like the idea of that guy getting sent to jail?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.