Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If I was in your position, I would definitely firm Imperial or Warwick, do STEP I and II this year, and apply to Cambridge if you get 2 A*'s and 1, 1 in STEP (which you should surely be able to do if you did well in BMO1).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweeneyrod)
    If I was in your position, I would definitely firm Imperial or Warwick, do STEP I and II this year, and apply to Cambridge if you get 2 A*'s and 1, 1 in STEP (which you should surely be able to do if you did well in BMO1).
    Personally I find STEP harder than the BMO1. Well, STEP II and III that is.

ReputationRep:
    I got rejected from maths at oxbridge at interview process and was hoping for admission to St. Andrews but they have also rejected my application
    I am predicted A*results
    Im left with Glasgow Uni which im dissapointed with considering clearance or a gap year
    Any advice??
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Dey345)
    I got rejected from maths at oxbridge at interview process and was hoping for admission to St. Andrews but they have also rejected my application
    I am predicted A*results
    Im left with Glasgow Uni which im dissapointed with considering clearance or a gap year
    Any advice??
    Are you a Scottish student?

Imperial and Warwick will not be in Clearing for Maths.

ReputationRep:
    Hi considering a gap year too
    My oxford interview for maths was unsuccessful and St Andrews have just rejected me
    Pretty disappointed as all I have is offers from Glasgow and Aberdeen
    Is it worthwhile applying again after a gap year or going through clearance for other unis??got predicted A*for subjects

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Doonesbury;70705008]Are you a Scottish student?

Imperial and Warwick will

ReputationRep:
    No I'm an english student
    Don't know what I should do? Im not sure Glasgow is the uni for me, what other Unis are worth checking out but are in clearance
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    No I'm an english student
    Don't know what I should do? Im not sure Glasgow is the uni for me, what other Unis are worth checking out but are in clearance
    Glasgow is an excellent university - why did you choose it in the first place?? And why are all your choices except Oxford in Scotland?

If you genuinely don't fancy it and expect to do well in your A-levels then a gap year is a perfectly acceptable route.

ReputationRep:
    Does Glasgow have a good reputation?
    I don't want to risk taking a gap year then not getting in to my preferred unis again
    I guess il need to take a gamble ( got family in Scotland and lived there for a while that's why I have put Scottish unis on my list)
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Does Glasgow have a good reputation?
    I don't want to risk taking a gap year then not getting in to my preferred unis again
    I guess il need to take a gamble ( got family in Scotland and lived there for a while that's why I have put Scottish unis on my list)
    If you are applying in a gap year having achieved, or exceeded, the typical requirements then an offer is very likely. Except for Oxbridge of course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    If you are applying in a gap year having achieved, or exceeded, the typical requirements then an offer is very likely. Except for Oxbridge of course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for the advice!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.