The Student Room Group

School calls police because pupil visited UKIP website on class computer

Scroll to see replies

As the German Interior Minister for North Rhine Westphalia, Ralph Jaeger, stated, "what happens on the right-wing platforms and in chatrooms is at least as awful as the acts of those assaulting the women [in Cologne]," he said.

Good of the school to intervene
Original post by Mathemagicien
As the German Interior Minister for North Rhine Westphalia, Ralph Jaeger, stated, "what happens on the right-wing platforms and in chatrooms is at least as awful as the acts of those assaulting the women [in Cologne]," he said.

What a colossal cretin.

Good of the school to intervene

Intervene on what exactly? The kid has done nothing wrong.
Wow.
I went on their webpage at school and nothing happened.
Why would you call the police if someone looked at the UKIP webpage?
Thats really dumb!!
Original post by paul514
Well err yea if it were Isis it would be a terrorist movement that is waging war in 3 nations and plotting terror attacks in western nations.

The other is a party that want to have a points based system for immigration.

How stupid are you?

UKIP lie and demonize minority groups, using them as a scapegoat. They lie. Their success is due to their excellent ability to indoctrinate the stupid, uneducated and disgruntled. I think it's completely acceptable to worry about kids being manipulated and brainwashed by professional liars. If UKIP were ever to get into power I have no doubt we'd see an even nastier side to them.
Original post by JordanL_
UKIP lie and demonize minority groups, using them as a scapegoat. They lie. Their success is due to their excellent ability to indoctrinate the stupid, uneducated and disgruntled. I think it's completely acceptable to worry about kids being manipulated and brainwashed by professional liars. If UKIP were ever to get into power I have no doubt we'd see an even nastier side to them.

Think the answer of how stupid was just answered

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abstract_Prism
The issue isn't about whether they're 'racist' or not.

A school should either ban all political party websites, or none of them. Schools and educational institutions should not be pushing or marginalising ANY political standpoints within our democracy.

Bumping this.

Guys, you can argue about UKIP till the cows come home. That's not the issue here though. The issue is that a school is trying to indoctrinate students away from certain ideologies and parties, and furthering the interests of certain political groups. I'm not a UKIP supporter myself, but that doesn't mean I don't believe anyone else should be, and it certainly doesn't mean that they should have their opinion censored.

EDUCATIONAL BODIES SHOULD NOT BE ADVOCATING OR DISCOURAGING ANY POLITICAL GROUP. Save for those that threaten the nature of our liberal democracy, of course. UKIP is not one of these groups, and so it should not be censored.

As I said, either ban them all, or ban none of them. Singling one out for targeting is very bad.

And calling the police for visiting a perfectly legal website is utterly ridiculous.
Absolutely ridiculous. I certainly don't support the party but students should not be penalised for having the wrong sort of political view.
This has to be fake, it reads like a Sun article.

If something like Ukip is enough to scare the staff at the school, they'd have went to the trouble of blocking it (and every other political party site?).

I'd love to sit the staff down and ask them what exactly it is about looking at a Ukip website that makes the act extremist, the replies would probably be fascinating entertainment.

Anyway since the kid is unlikely to run off to Join ISIS because he saw a site with Nigel Farage's gurning face across it, if real this falls firmly within the realm of over-reaction and a fine example of why teachers should never be in charge of anything but imparting the curriculum.
They're their to teach, not to police and indoctrinate politics.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending