The Student Room Group

OCR MEI C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

What are the predictions for section B, I'm thinking Differential equations and Parametrics. What do you guys think?
Original post by Ezexamsalltheway
Yo guys Im feeling confident about this exam but have found one question that is bugging me. In 8iii) u have to get the equation into a certain form with minus signs and such. I can get to the step before this but cannot get it into the final form and the mark scheme dosnt even explain it which is nice. If anyone can explain would be very helpful :smile: http://www.mei.org.uk/files/papers/C4_PaperA_BJan13.pdf

The minus sign is there because of ... magic.

Lol , no, The integeral of 1/(20-h) is -ln(20-h) that is why.
Original post by Kira Yagami
The minus sign is there because of ... magic.

Lol , no, The integeral of 1/(20-h) is -ln(20-h) that is why.

Hahahaha . lol. I should of been more specific . i meant the minus signs that are on the exponential function. such as e^-0.2t . :smile:
Hahahaha . lol. I should of been more specific . i meant the minus signs that are on the exponential function. such as e^-0.2t . :smile:

To get from step 8 to step 9, the top and bottom by (e^-t/5)
Reply 44
Yo guys Im feeling confident about this exam but have found one question that is bugging me. In 8iii) u have to get the equation into a certain form with minus signs and such. I can get to the step before this but cannot get it into the final form and the mark scheme dosnt even explain it which is nice. If anyone can explain would be very helpful :smile: http://www.mei.org.uk/files/papers/C4_PaperA_BJan13.pdf

Mulitply by e^(-t/5)/e^(-t/5)
Original post by Kira Yagami
To get from step 8 to step 9, the top and bottom by (e^-t/5)

Thanks guys such much for that I have been tearing my eyeballs out about that for ages haha thanks . I tried doing that but I thought that -0.2t + 0.2t = 1 hmmm lol. Maybe I should revise addition next ......
Original post by Osmium
Mulitply by e^(-t/5)/e^(-t/5)

Thanks buddy !
Any predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HFancy1997
Any predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The paper is almost identical every year.
Original post by KingAweT
The paper is almost identical every year.

Talking about section B ofc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
Original post by HFancy1997
Talking about section B ofc

Posted from TSR Mobile

im thinking parametric and differential equations
ik its bit too late but could some please tell me how can I go from my working to the required format?
asda2.jpg
thanks in advance

NB if you can't see the pictures then please just tell me how would you solve this problem question 7iv) june 15 rearranging to make x the subject
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Tajwar786
ik its bit too late but could some please tell me how can I go from my working to the required format?
asda2.jpg
thanks in advance

NB if you can't see the pictures then please just tell me how would you solve this problem question 7iv) june 15 rearranging to make x the subject

Divide each term by e^-3kt and youll get the answer. If you still dont get it let me know I will walk you through the steps but you did all the hard parts all you had to do at that stage is look at the answer given and think what can you do to your expression to get there. The "obvious" (and using obvious loosely since everyone can spot different things that they think are obvious) thing is to divide the numerator and denominator by e^-3kt.
(edited 7 years ago)
any quick tips on section B parametric? they are bound to come up and hate them to bits :frown:
Original post by mohdstudent
Divide each term by e^-3kt and youll get the answer. If you still dont get it let me know I will walk you through the steps but you did all the hard parts all you had to do at that stage is look at the answer given and think what can you do to your expression to get there. The "obvious" (and using obvious loosely since everyone can spot different things that they think are obvious) thing is to divide the numerator and denominator by e^-3kt.

my algebra skills are rlly poor which usually costs me marks :frown: thanks fo ur help
Original post by Tajwar786
my algebra skills are rlly poor which usually costs me marks :frown: thanks fo ur help

I know this is a last minute tip, but make use of the extra paper. Ask for extra paper and then write the expression in big hand writing and clearly on it, and then manipulate it carefully. This helped me a lot since you can see the terms clearly which makes it easier to do the algebra on them.

Good Luck.
Reply 56
other than the second half of the stacked triangles it was an okay paper.
I feel that comprehension paper will have tripped many people though.
What is the volume? Is it 8pi/3 or 16pi/3?
Original post by prepdream
What is the volume? Is it 8pi/3 or 16pi/3?

leaving the EU, and then doing that Q6 on parametrics must be some kind of sick dream I am stuck in

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending