Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well in that case, rig the sails and make all haste to the headmaster's study and do your duty.

ReputationRep:
    If you snake then it might effect the whole class because then they will think other people cheated as well and they'll start checking everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    If he cheated, he won't get far in life so best not tell anyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samzy21)
    If he cheated, he won't get far in life so best not tell anyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i dont see your logic here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by throwawayayay)
    i dont see your logic here
    I don't either, but probably for a different reason.

Kids are naive, which is lovely - but you're kidding yourself it you think everyone that has 'succeed' (define as you will) only got there through honesty, integrity and hard work. It would be nice if it were true, but it's not.

Why get a worse mark in French (in this case) if you can cheat, get a higher grade and them drop the subject for A-Level and forget about it - without worrying the lower grade on a useless subject affecting your later uni apps? Why learn proofs at uni, parrot fashion, when you can just have them 'written down'? If you ever need them after graduating, just google them and apply them like normal people do outside academia.

Not saying cheating is right, but to my mind it sure as hell is a grey area - and saying it'll cost them later in life? Seriously, if they're smart enough to know they can do better by cheating, they're already ahead of someone who knows they suck at the subject and just accepts it meekly.

Anyways, i'm out. No point running in circles as we're unlikely to agree

ReputationRep:
    Who cares? What is better cheat a little and get that qualification or dont cheat and be a loser?

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE: I reported the cheater, they have been suspended from the AQA exam board for a year.

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE: I reported the cheater, they have been suspended from the AQA exam board for a year.
    Really? This is great news if you're not joking! Did you provide the information that I told you to give?

ReputationRep:
    If the person gets an A then how does that harm your A* ? let him/her get caught cheating on their own. dont be a snake

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, in the future I'd say confront the person before going straight to an authoritative figure. Everyone makes stupid mistakes/unfortunate decisions, especially in their teens. And such a sanction in such a stage of their lives is bound to significantly harm their future prospects - all because of a stupid mistake. If they continue to cheat after you explicitly mention that you would report them if they did; then you can do so.

Just what I would do, because I know people who have been in similar situations.

ReputationRep:
    How evil of you

ReputationRep:
    How unfortunate for them, but it damn well teaches them a lesson.
    :clap2:

ReputationRep:
    A couple of days ago we were doing our French controlled assessment (writing) and I saw a student in my class cheating by looking at their draft copy on their phone. They did not get caught.What shall I do? I think I'm the only one that knows about it and they may know it was me that told the teacher they cheated. Shall I report it or ignore it? If I do report it, will they even be disqualified/whatever because the teacher does not have any evidence apart from my word?
    Failure to disclose crimes is illegal, so now you've told us you know you have no choice but to make the exam board formally investigate it.

ReputationRep:
    You just ruined someone's grades, and consequently their whole life, simply because you're mad. I hope you feel proud.

Exam boards shouldn't take action on 1 report. Let's hope they got multiple reports otherwise this is absurd. Imagine getting banned because some **** said you cheated.

ReputationRep:
    Karma is a b*tch, btw I'd keep your focus up for a while, you might slip down some stairs or something. Doing things like that never ends well.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it as Cheaters get found out sooner or later and this student may get found out some day and it may come back to bite them in the bum as what goes around comes around

ReputationRep:
    Ok, you clearly know everything about me
    You're selfish ignorant and a snitch?

ReputationRep:
    A couple of days ago we were doing our French controlled assessment (writing) and I saw a student in my class cheating by looking at their draft copy on their phone. They did not get caught.What shall I do? I think I'm the only one that knows abouet it and they may know it was me that told the teacher they cheated. Shall I report it or ignore it? If I do report it, will they even be disqualified/whatever because the teacher does not have any evidence apart from my word?
    Don't worry about it, karma will bite them on the arse

ReputationRep:
    its language so its okay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theconfusedman)
    You're selfish ignorant and a snitch?
    I thought you didn't care and couldn't stand my ignorance old buddy old pal?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.