The Student Room Group

Is Israel or ISIS a greater threat to world peace?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aceadria
There is no evidence to suggest that Israel has been involved in causing instability in the Middle East. Unless you can prove it, your statement is simply an opinion.

My "opinion" is voiced by many prominent politicians and diplomats so I will allow their evidence to bring weight to my statement

Hassan Rouhani, President of Iran: "[Israel] does injustice to the people of the region, and has brought instability to the region, with its warmongering policies."
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/other/exclusive-iran-president-blames-israel-instability-calls-peace-f4B11197592

Phillip Gordon, US White house co-ordinator on the Middle East: “Israel confronts an undeniable reality: It cannot maintain military control of another people indefinitely. Doing so is not only wrong but a recipe for resentment and recurring instability,”
http://www.timesofisrael.com/top-obama-official-blasts-israel-for-denying-palestinians-sovereignty-security-dignity/

Dwight Eisenhower, President of the US 1953-'61: "in the "cold war," Israel had become a negative factor causing instability in the region ..."
Book; Eisenhower and Israel - Isaac Alteras

UNCTAD report, UN: "the 1994 Paris Protocol which governs economic ties between Israeli-occupied and Palestinian territories causes "instability and uncertainty for the Palestinian territory" and should be reformed."
http://english.al-akhbar.com/node/22738
Original post by Ghazali
Perhaps one day you might be able to enjoy these great 'rights' that the Arabs have in the occupied West Bank, or live in a place as cozy as Gaza. Stop playing deaf dumb and blind to reality.

Arab israelis are treated far better than black jews. I guess that just highlights how rotten israel is though.
Original post by CAElite
My "opinion" is voiced by many prominent politicians and diplomats so I will allow their evidence to bring weight to my statement

Hassan Rouhani, President of Iran: "[Israel] does injustice to the people of the region, and has brought instability to the region, with its warmongering policies."
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/other/exclusive-iran-president-blames-israel-instability-calls-peace-f4B11197592

Phillip Gordon, US White house co-ordinator on the Middle East: “Israel confronts an undeniable reality: It cannot maintain military control of another people indefinitely. Doing so is not only wrong but a recipe for resentment and recurring instability,”
http://www.timesofisrael.com/top-obama-official-blasts-israel-for-denying-palestinians-sovereignty-security-dignity/

Dwight Eisenhower, President of the US 1953-'61: "in the "cold war," Israel had become a negative factor causing instability in the region ..."
Book; Eisenhower and Israel - Isaac Alteras

UNCTAD report, UN: "the 1994 Paris Protocol which governs economic ties between Israeli-occupied and Palestinian territories causes "instability and uncertainty for the Palestinian territory" and should be reformed."
http://english.al-akhbar.com/node/22738

Quotes are not necessarily facts; they can also be opinions of learned men and women. May I also add that quoting Rouhani, who called Israel an 'old wound that should be removed', does not make your argument credible.
Original post by the bear
hater of Jews & bears

how much lower can you get ?

The Bernstein bears are not gonna like this guy.
Original post by admonit
Yeah, he spoke Palestinian language and practised Palestinian faith. :cool:

Of course, he used to wear keyyifehs and fire his AK47 into the air whilst ululating and screaming 'free Palestina'
Original post by Sciatic
60-70% of my top 30 superheroes are Jewish.

But yeah, I hate bears -- all kinds of bears. I hope specism is not a crime here..bears dont chose to be bears :frown:

Yeah boi

[video="youtube;MWNe7Ecx_Qg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWNe7Ecx_Qg[/video]
Would I rather live in Israel, or the Islamic State?

A non-Arab anti-theist atheist. Hmm...

Original post by al_94
Obviously Israel they want to remake the world even Jews like Carl Bernstein said it

Reported.
Original post by Feel Tha Bern
The Bernstein bears are not gonna like this guy.

:ahee:

:five:
Original post by Feel Tha Bern
Yeah boi

[video="youtube;MWNe7Ecx_Qg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWNe7Ecx_Qg[/video]

that was fabulous ! i mean zaftig :ahee:
Reply 49
Original post by 098udf89dsf
Would I rather live in Israel, or the Islamic State?

A non-Arab anti-theist atheist. Hmm...

That's not the question
Original post by Sciatic
That's not the question

But a pertinent point nonetheless.

As to world peace, how exactly do Israel threaten world peace? They have done, and continue to do, horrific things to Palestinians and their illegal occupation of Palestinian Territories has to end, but I don't think that qualifies them as a threat to world peace. To the contrary, as their peace treaties with numerous surrounding Arab nations indicate, they do not seek conflict with anyone particularly. They just don't want, and can't tolerate, their neighbours planning/wishing to destroy them. Case in point: Israel's great relations with pre-revolutionary, secular Iran (that sought military/economic cooperation and peace) contra their terrible relations with post-revolutionary, fanatically Islamist Iran (whom seek their destruction).

Outside of the Palestinian issue, I don't think they're a threat to anyone that isn't also a threat to them. Whereas the Islamic State present a threat to civilians across the world. There is no point in such a comparison. Comparing Saudi Arabia to the IS would be a more worthwhile comparison.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ghazali
Stealing land, diverting resources towards Jewish settlemants and away from those occupied, calorie counting Gaza like it's the Warsaw Ghetto or a concentration camp, walling the Palestinian 'untermench' off in segregation, and just like Nazi Germany, the occupied aren't free compared to the occupiers, with access to education more strained, and freedom of movement etc... sounds Nazi-esque too me.

Are you one of those stooges paid by the Israeli government to spread pro-Israeli propaganda? Serious question.

For a group of people smart enough to run the world, they sure do suck at genocide

I agree that any form of food restriction lacks dignity, but the calorie count for Gaza was a minimum designed to prevent malnutrition, rather than a genocide policy. It's as if you have an agenda which makes you tell lies.
My issue is with the level of antisemitism that exists. I'm all for criticism of the country, but to call for its outright annihilation is ludicrous.

Obviously there will be people like you who think it is anti semitic, there will always be people like you who. Cant really have a legitimate argument.
You seem to lack knowledge of the history of Israel and dont seem to understand its violent history and human rights violation.
You seem to always question the basic argument of every thread on TSR, something along the lines of 'That is not a valid comparison'. Just because Israel is a recognised state, doesnt mean a comparison cant be made. Don't talk as if you're right and patronise others when you're the narrow minded one who fails to realistically see the world.
Original post by Ghazali
Stealing land, diverting resources towards Jewish settlemants and away from those occupied, calorie counting Gaza like it's the Warsaw Ghetto or a concentration camp, walling the Palestinian 'untermench' off in segregation, and just like Nazi Germany, the occupied aren't free compared to the occupiers, with access to education more strained, and freedom of movement etc... sounds Nazi-esque too me.

Are you one of those stooges paid by the Israeli government to spread pro-Israeli propaganda? Serious question.

This ^^^ @Aceadria
Reply 54
No it is Islam that inspires terrorism. Hatred for Muslims in Europe is growing, soon there will be an expulsion or something.
Original post by theconfusedman
Obviously there will be people like you who think it is anti semitic, there will always be people like you who. Cant really have a legitimate argument.
You seem to lack knowledge of the history of Israel and dont seem to understand its violent history and human rights violation.
You seem to always question the basic argument of every thread on TSR, something along the lines of 'That is not a valid comparison'. Just because Israel is a recognised state, doesnt mean a comparison cant be made. Don't talk as if you're right and patronise others when you're the narrow minded one who fails to realistically see the world.

Don't make blank statements then and provide evidence to prove me wrong.
Don't make blank statements then and provide evidence to prove me wrong.

*Taking this opportunity to belligerent and patronizing like you*

Read what I said and try again.
Original post by theconfusedman
*Taking this opportunity to belligerent and patronizing like you*

Read what I said and try again.

You haven't provided evidence for your statements; just made empty accusations. That is not constructive.
You haven't provided evidence for your statements; just made empty accusations. That is not constructive.

Which statements do I need to give evidence for?
Definitely ISIS. Israel does loads of bad sh-it cos its got nukes.. Killing people who try to murder them and so forth

If ISIS had nuclear weapons they would only use them peacefully

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending