Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

OCR Biology A Exam Thread (Breadth - May 26, 2016 and Depth - June 7, 2016) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevelyh)
    who did the practice papers of the new specification it was so hard for me and other people in my school
    We're going to do the Breadth paper next week. Think our teacher is giving it to us as a mock of some sort. Is it really that hard, what's the highest sort of mark you get on a question?

ReputationRep:
    well for us it was hard i thhink 6 not sure the marks for the question dorsnt matter its the question itself lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevelyh)
    well for us it was hard i thhink 6 not sure the marks for the question dorsnt matter its the question itself lol
    Haha oh well, at least I know I'm gonna fail now

ReputationRep:
    cant we make a petition to ocr, i prefer the old spec , i hope they make the papers fair on the exam

ReputationRep:
    do you do the 2015 paper as mock for this year or a completely new paper?

ReputationRep:
    it was a new paper i guess

ReputationRep:
    I have to say, I dislike the new spec too. The style of questions this year seem a lot more wordy and harder to understand. Also, the mark scheme seems to look for slightly different answers but I dunno! Its hard because we have nothing to go by. Maybe it'll work out because my teacher said they never put much effort into making the specimens look good.

ReputationRep:
    HAHA the breadth paper seems decent enough because most of it is multiple questions but obviously you know your stuff to answer them, I did that for my mock, the new paper, now gotta do the depth paper

ReputationRep:
    New spec is so retarded why have two papers covering the same content? Just make it modular. Also multiple choice questions are annoying

ReputationRep:
    We did a Biology practice paper in school today, the one that's not accessible on the website, and overall it was pretty tough. A lot of calculations and interpreting graphs, but some parts seemed decent. I just hope the real ones in June go okay, but can't see that happening.

ReputationRep:
    I go to a above average sixth form (saint cecilias cofE). And we did the specimen papers, everyone found it hard and most people 90% got Us and Es with only 4 people getting Ds. SO hopefully Grade boundaries will be low and realistic

ReputationRep:
    what did everyone think of the Depth paper

ReputationRep:
    hated it

ReputationRep:
    Did ocr breadth practice paper today (think this is the one only teachers can get hold of) and it was so hard- like usually I find biology ok but ugh. I hate how you go into these new exams and it can be on literally anything wtf I don't even know how to revise properly

ReputationRep:
    I feel like there's a a lot more calculations and data interpretations or is it just me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plower)
    I feel like there's a a lot more calculations and data interpretations or is it just me
    I agree 😫

ReputationRep:
    If u do a level maths or 2 sciences then it should be fine but I only do bio so it's hard

ReputationRep:
    I do a level chemistry, a level maths and psychology but I still found the practice paper tough (admittedly not as hard as chemistry tho omfg)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChelK321)
    I do a level chemistry, a level maths and psychology but I still found the practice paper tough (admittedly not as hard as chemistry tho omfg)
    Lol, found chemistry easier. Biology has so much bs

ReputationRep:
    I'm in A2 but specimen papers will always be super hard so don't panic too much. Go through each part of the specification in dept and the first real paper will be easier than the future ones. Yes easy for me to say but the specimen papers aren't worth crying over. You'll all do fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 27, 2017
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.