Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilacpotato)
    You might find the bottom sections of these two pages helpful (they're from the CGP Biology revision guide)

Attachment 518607
    Thank you so much x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Hey Guys, UPDATE FOR 01/04/2016
    So today I've managed to do everything that i planned to

1. Review of Biology unit 2
    2. Three past papers and looked at all the weaknesses
    3. Physics paper marked and Biology unit 3 overview
    4. Writing down all my weaknesses for Biology Unit 2 - so then i would know where to concentrate more.

Because it's April I feel like it would be best if i started to do more past papers and looked at my weakness rather than writing notes all the time as it's time-consuming but I've made notes for all the subjects except from Psychology. then i would have more time to do past papers because they are so crucial Apparently, examiners recycle questions but in a different form ...

I was just wondering but are any of you guys stressing and panicking because i don't seem to.... ??
    How do you manage to have A*'s in everything? I want to get high grades also but I'm stuck at B's or A's and for maths I'm borderline B, on a C!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiara006)
    How do you manage to have A*'s in everything? I want to get high grades also but I'm stuck at B's or A's and for maths I'm borderline B, on a C!
    If you revise hard you can get to the A* well for my mocks i took them really seriously ( a bit seriously) but i did work hard
    Past papers are so crucial and make sure you revise efficiently and don't procrastinate and motivation which is really annoying because like yesterday i got demotivated and i hate it

If you revise you can get there Just trust in yourself and think postitively
    Hope i helped and what subjects do you do?

Nisha x

ReputationRep:
    If you revise hard you can get to the A* well for my mocks i took them really seriously ( a bit seriously) but i did work hard
    Past papers are so crucial and make sure you revise efficiently and don't procrastinate and motivation which is really annoying because like yesterday i got demotivated and i hate it

If you revise you can get there Just trust in yourself and think postitively
    Hope i helped and what subjects do you do?

Nisha x
    Thank you so much for replying and for the advice!
    I have always been negative on myself, but I think it is a result of my teachers negatively labelling me as I was a bit of a rascal in my earlier years

oh & my subjects and exam boards are:

Edexcel Maths
    AQA English Lan
    AQA English Lit
    AQA Core Physics (retake)
    AQA Core Biology (retake)
    AQA Core Chemistry (retake)
    AQA Additional Science
    Edexcel Drama
    Edexcel Religious Studies
    OCR French
    AQA Geography

Are we doing any of the same subjects (same exam boards)?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for replying and for the advice!
    I have always been negative on myself, but I think it is a result of my teachers negatively labelling me as I was a bit of a rascal in my earlier years

oh & my subjects and exam boards are:

Edexcel Maths
    AQA English Lan
    AQA English Lit
    AQA Core Physics (retake)
    AQA Core Biology (retake)
    AQA Core Chemistry (retake)
    AQA Additional Science
    Edexcel Drama
    Edexcel Religious Studies
    OCR French
    AQA Geography

Are we doing any of the same subjects (same exam boards)?
    Well the same subjects are science and no worries. What are your grades ?

ReputationRep:
    Well the same subjects are science and no worries. What are your grades ?
    Edexcel Maths C+ (technically a C but I want an A*!)
    AQA English Lan (A*/A)
    AQA English Lit (A)
    AQA Core Physics (retake) (C)
    AQA Core Biology (retake) (B)
    AQA Core Chemistry (retake) (B)
    AQA Additional Science (A*)
    Edexcel Drama (A)
    Edexcel Religious Studies (A*)
    OCR French (B)
    AQA Geography (A*)

A wide range right btw, for maths, how do you think I should try and improve?

ReputationRep:
    AQA English Lan (A*/A)
    AQA English Lit (A)
    Edexcel Drama (A)
    OCR French (B)
    AQA Geography (A*)

Past papers are the key examiners are lazy so they just recycle them and like i said revise efficiently

wow well done on Most of your subjects

ReputationRep:
    AQA English Lan (A*/A)
    AQA English Lit (A)
    Edexcel Drama (A)
    OCR French (B)
    AQA Geography (A*)

For maths, I recommend this site, it has helped me tonnes, im sure it will do the same for you.
    http://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sum Ting)
    For maths, I recommend this site, it has helped me tonnes, im sure it will do the same for you.
    http://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/
    Oh yeh that's a good one but mymaths is great as well

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE 03/04/16
    Today, I've done more than yesterday which is a good thing YAY I've revised Geography Unit 2 and i really don't enjoy it but it has to be done

1.Keywords on Coasts and I tested my self
    2. Learnt how to draw and annotate these diagrams off by heart : Wave-cut platform, Headlands and Bays , Long shore drift and Spit
    3.past paper questions on Coasts - 11/15
    4.Tectonic Plates past paper questions - 13/15
    5.River Landscape past paper questions - 13/15
    6.Managed to draw and annotate Divergent plate boundary off by heart
    7. Rivers - upper to lower course
    8. Arrange dates for Past papers

Hopefully, i get more done tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    So today 04/04/2016: morning
    I'm going to the dentist which is going to take forever but i want to get a fair amount of work done.

1. Look through Physics Unit 3 - Review it & Memorise Info
    2. Past Papers & Weaknesses
    3. Times for past papers and Dates

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE 04/04/16

Hey people So today, I went to the dentist and it took forever ... However, I got quite a bit done

1. Reviewed Physics Unit 3 - Lasted 2 hours , it would have taken longer but i did an hour yesterday
    2. 2 Past papers and weaknesses - Hydraulics, Transformers, Calculations
    3. Dates for past papers
    4. Questions on my workbook

Tomorrow i would be doing all sorts of revision and not just one subject YAY:rave:

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys and goooooood Morning

Today,
    1. Algebra Level 3 - Past papers - 2
    2.French write neat version and add few bits.
    3. Geography climate change homework and revise the sheet given.
    4. Do maths Homework
    5. Do Science Homework
    6.Do english questions -
    7. Anything else ...

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys How has your day been? Mines been really boring but hopefully all of this revision would pay off
    Update 05/04/16

1. Algebra Level 3 Past paper - Pass
    2.English Literature -Essay question - Lord of the flies (24 marker) and Of Mice and Men ( 20 marker and 10 marker) - So, I could give them to my teacher to mark
    3. French Controlled Assessment - Neat version and corrected it
    4. Geography - Climate change
    5. Maths Past Paper - 98 %
    6. Wrote out all the Weaknesses on C1,B1 and P1
    7. Algebra Questions from workbook

have a good day amigos (friends)

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys Morning Update WOO GOT A LOT TO DO :eek:
    1. English Literature Of mice and men ( quotes on characters and themes)
    2. Unseen poetry analysis
    3. 2 Past papers for UNIT 1
    4. Lord of the flies - themes and character ( quotes)
    5. View from the bridge - themes and character ( quotes
    6. 2 past papers for unit 2b
    6. QUOTES MEMORISE

ReputationRep:
    Update 06/04/16
    Today I did English Literature and it didn't go as well as i thought i would. Mainly because i didn't know how to revise rather than making notes and doing questions

1. Made notes on OMAM - Themes and Characters
    2. Did two questions on OMAM - Extract question and essay question
    3. Read through York Notes for Lord of the Flies - Themes and Characters
    4. Did one questions on 'a view from the bridge' and wrote notes on characters and themes
    5. Watched two videos on Youtube - Extract questions and poetry analysis

Then i got distracted and eventually procrastinated (Great!!) - because it's boring and i didn't know how to revise + my weakest subject If you guys have any tips please feel free to tell me Thank you !

ReputationRep:
    Update 06/04/16
    Today I did English Literature and it didn't go as well as i thought i would. Mainly because i didn't know how to revise rather than making notes and doing questions

1. Made notes on OMAM - Themes and Characters
    2. Did two questions on OMAM - Extract question and essay question
    3. Read through York Notes for Lord of the Flies - Themes and Characters
    4. Did one questions on 'a view from the bridge' and wrote notes on characters and themes
    5. Watched two videos on Youtube - Extract questions and poetry analysis

Then i got distracted and eventually procrastinated (Great!!) - because it's boring and i didn't know how to revise + my weakest subject If you guys have any tips please feel free to tell me Thank you !
    English Literature is a difficult subject for a lot but it becomes easy with the passage of time as one consistently practices. Its good to watch YouTube videos for help. Procrastination is a quality everyone has - don't worry if you do it a little. My advice is, make a plan for each essay rather than writing it out. That's a new trick I learnt to do..write the question, write the intro, bullet point the 3-4 paragraphs you'd write about (include the evidence and analysis) and write the conclusion for the texts you are studying. It saves time and is more effective.

Not sure about mindmaps and notes...revise the info instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sulaimanali)
    English Literature is a difficult subject for a lot but it becomes easy with the passage of time as one consistently practices. Its good to watch YouTube videos for help. Procrastination is a quality everyone has - don't worry if you do it a little. My advice is, make a plan for each essay rather than writing it out. That's a new trick I learnt to do..write the question, write the intro, bullet point the 3-4 paragraphs you'd write about (include the evidence and analysis) and write the conclusion for the texts you are studying. It saves time and is more effective.

Not sure about mindmaps and notes...revise the info instead.
    Thanks for this advice , i will deffo use this new trick How's your revision?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for this advice , i will deffo use this new trick How's your revision?
    Welcome. You should feel like you're getting more done if you write out plans (like I explained above the format) for all the texts you are studying. It'll get tedious and too time consuming to do all of them but the plan is for you to get a general idea of what you would write about in response to a question.

You won't know exactly which theme/character question you'd get so plans are better!

My revision (consisting of revising the content and doing past papers) is going okay..I've done a lot of RS, Physics, Chem and Bio..
    Done a bit of maths in the holidays too..looked a bit at English..
    Started History today..

Its really long but I'm doing it. I need to do more but I've got some time to do it in.

Haven't touched the drama theory or Mandarin vocab revision but I'm good at both. I'm good at English (and now Math too mostly) that I've sided those 4 subjects a bit in the holidays and focused on the longer ones!

You say? I've been reading a few of ur updates and you've done quite a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sulaimanali)
    Welcome. You should feel like you're getting more done if you write out plans (like I explained above the format) for all the texts you are studying. It'll get tedious and too time consuming to do all of them but the plan is for you to get a general idea of what you would write about in response to a question.

You won't know exactly which theme/character question you'd get so plans are better!

My revision (consisting of revising the content and doing past papers) is going okay..I've done a lot of RS, Physics, Chem and Bio..
    Done a bit of maths in the holidays too..looked a bit at English..
    Started History today..

Its really long but I'm doing it. I need to do more but I've got some time to do it in.

Haven't touched the drama theory or Mandarin vocab revision but I'm good at both. I'm good at English (and now Math too mostly) that I've sided those 4 subjects a bit in the holidays and focused on the longer ones!

You say? I've been reading a few of ur updates and you've done quite a lot.
    Haha you seem to be doing really well Keep up the good work. What are you predicted? A*'s ? you seem to know what your doing !!
    My revision is going well but sometimes i procrastinate which upsets me but it's good to have a break Are you ready for the exams?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.