Turn on thread page Beta

The most disappointing game you've ever brought watch

ReputationRep:
    Mine was a wedding game for the nintendo. You had to be a wedding planner and I completed the game within like 20 mins. It was so pointless and a huge waste of money.

I kept it for a while and then sold it second hand to Game

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    Recently it has to be Elder Scrolls Online. How can they turn the great Elder Scrolls world into such a tedious and bland game?
    Yeah I'd agree with you there, I absolutely adore the Elder Scrolls series for so many reasons. I thought a game spanning across most of Tamriel would be amazing. Even after hearing all the negative comments I still bought the game for £40. What a waste of money, didn't even complete the main quest.

In close second would have to be MGSV: The Phantom Pain, I was so hyped for this and it felt like such a half-arsed, unfinished disappointment. Everyone blames Konami, but you can tell Kojima didn't really have his heart in the game either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Binary Freak)
    So what's the most disappointing game you've brought, be it on a whim, or a serious purchase?

For me it'd be Dragon Age: Inquisition.
    Dragon age inquisition is definitely one of them.
    Gameplay was real clunky and boring. I only played it for like 2 hours and never touched it again.

Naruto Clash of the ninja 3.

dragon ball z burst limit.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Agree with Hitman Absolution. It looked so good in the trailers and on youtube but I played it for like 20 mins before putting it away forever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truths)
    Dragon age inquisition is definitely one of them.
    Gameplay was real clunky and boring. I only played it for like 2 hours and never touched it again.

Naruto Clash of the ninja 3.

dragon ball z burst limit.
    Yeah it's the only game on my PS profile that's below 20% completion (trophies) which is pretty depressing. Gave it away to a friend at uni.. Seems to enjoy it far more than me.. For now

Yeah DBZ Burst Limit is awful. Which makes me second guess my decision to buy AoT when it gets released here.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations. :congrats:
    Noticed the mistake not long after posting it but not much I can do (Given it's in the title).
    ahhh, screw it.

Nobody can be that at that pikachu for more than 5 seconds <3

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone ever play the sims desert island game on nintendo? That actually was a pretty good game but I tried so many times to complete it and couldn't which was disappointing

ReputationRep:
    Watch Dogs. After all the hype and the delayed release, I just couldn't really get into it once I finally played it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Inquisition is the first of the series I've ever bought, and definitely the last if the combat is anything to go by. As for the story it takes ages to build into. I don't want to waste 1/2 the story just gathering 'power' to do the main story.
    Yeah it was a big misstep unfortunately. Especially when ultimately the building of power made little to no impact to the end game anyway. The first Dragon Age was a fantastic game, however I suspect you wouldn't have enjoyed that if you didn't enjoy the combat in Inquisition as it was very similar. The story line in the original however was very good, as was the characterization.

Yet another example of a once great Bioware game that was ruined by EA.

On that note Mass Effect 3 is my most disappointing game of all time when I think about it!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's the only game on my PS profile that's below 20% completion (trophies) which is pretty depressing. Gave it away to a friend at uni.. Seems to enjoy it far more than me.. For now

Yeah DBZ Burst Limit is awful. Which makes me second guess my decision to buy AoT when it gets released here.
    I got DBZ becuase I really enjoyed the demo they had in PC world. I didn't know much about it.
    AoT is clearly no question. Have you seen the gameplay? It's trash. The fan game is miles better. Don't even bother my friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truths)
    I got DBZ becuase I really enjoyed the demo they had in PC world. I didn't know much about it.
    AoT is clearly no question. Have you seen the gameplay? It's trash. The fan game is miles better. Don't even bother my friend.
    Yeah I probably won't be buying it. Unless by some miracle I manage to get all PS4 games platinum by that time.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting. I enjoyed that game greatly.

ReputationRep:
    heavy rain

ReputationRep:
    pretty much any game based on a movie. star wars is usually the prime offender here.

ReputationRep:
    The new Battlefront. Absolutely hyped it up with the gameplay and the title because I played the first two which were some of my favourite games as a child. New one was atrocious with possibly the worst replay value of any game I have played. Space marines had only 2 multiplayer modes in pvp and that actually stayed fun for a while.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The only game that comes to mind is Mercenaries 2. That theme song on the advert reeled me in but it really didn't live up to my expectations lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    pretty much any game based on a movie. star wars is usually the prime offender here.
    The Super NES trilogy of Star Wars games are masterpieces. Especially Super Empire Strikes Back.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    The new Battlefront. Absolutely hyped it up with the gameplay and the title because I played the first two which were some of my favourite games as a child. New one was atrocious with possibly the worst replay value of any game I have played. Space marines had only 2 multiplayer modes in pvp and that actually stayed fun for a while.
    !!!!!

It looked beautiful but that's it really.

ReputationRep:
    Brought where?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgan8002)
    Brought where?
    Some already pointed out the mistake earlier. As I said to the person that did - I realized the mistake not long after posting it, and given it was in the title, I didn't bother correcting the OP.

Bought (I meant), not brought

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.