Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ComputerMaths97)
    Sarcasm?
    What makes you think so?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig1998)
    What makes you think so?
    Well it was either sarcasm, because of how bluntly you put it. Or it's a troll to get reactions, because of how you insulted the opposing side. However now I think about it, people usually argue their extremist points but I guess your point doesn't have any backing so you can't argue it, so it may be real. Just seems unlikely, plus I assumed you're a young male from your TSR name, which further increases the chances of troll/ sarcasm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ComputerMaths97)
    Well it was either sarcasm, because of how bluntly you put it. Or it's a troll to get reactions, because of how you insulted the opposing side. However now I think about it, people usually argue their extremist points but I guess your point doesn't have any backing so you can't argue it, so it may be real. Just seems unlikely, plus I assumed you're a young male from your TSR name, which further increases the chances of troll/ sarcasm.
    I'm not a troll, I just rarely see anything insightful or interesting from the Daily Mail, especially the comments section. I'm not being sarcastic either. It's hardly as if the Daily Mail is pandering to SJW's, this was the children's reactions and all they're doing is reporting on that.

ReputationRep:
    Very science, much reliable, wow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig1998)
    I'm not a troll, I just rarely see anything insightful or interesting from the Daily Mail, especially the comments section. I'm not being sarcastic either. It's hardly as if the Daily Mail is pandering to SJW's, this was the children's reactions and all they're doing is reporting on that.
    Okay, well it's nice to know where you stand.

Yes, all they showed is that even kids agree with common moral opinions (and laws) about gender equality. But it also showed that the victims are louder than the benefitters when the victims aren't being oppressed into being quite, as they have full freedom to speak up. Using a made up scenario, to further push a myth, shouldn't work. But some people fall for it. And this Daily Mail article was certainly not insightful or interesting.

ReputationRep:
    If you read the dailymail you are a bottom of the barrel pathetic individual.

ReputationRep:
    But but but real life!

Yeah you could get equal everything, you'd have to be incredibly aggressive in some areas though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leavingthecity)
    But but but real life!
    I that supposed to be some kind of excuse, young lady? :dontknow:

Yeah you could get equal everything, you'd have to be incredibly aggressive in some areas though
    In certain sectors/industries, aye; very 'driven' (e.g. domineering/somewhat psychopathic), certainly :flute:

ReputationRep:
    You guys need to study even the most basic of Sociology. Also how is caring about Social Justice issues a bad thing. Damn SJWs making me treat women and the ethnics as humans amirate!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alcohonick)
    the world would be a better place tomorrow if the daily express and daily mail disappeared
    The newspaper industry is horrible! All tabloids, DM, Guardian, Indep, and Metro all ned to go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YSoSerious)
    You guys need to study even the most basic of Sociology. Also how is caring about Social Justice issues a bad thing. Damn SJWs making me treat women and the ethnics as humans amirate!
    I do not think you understand why people dislike SJWs...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YSoSerious)
    The issue is not social justice but the individuals (who are referred to as 'SJWs) who want to prevent people from speaking their mind, simply because it hurts their feelings. There's a difference between the likes of, say, an individual fighting for women to get an education and an individual who wants to beat up Douglas Murray because he dared to speak at an event.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.