The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

@z33 where are youuuuuu you can't receive PMs and I've been gone and don't know if something happened :frown::frown:
Original post by Awesome Genius
What would you do with the money?

Give it back? (because you feel you can't take from your parents, not because they transferred it by mistake)

Buy yourself something nice?

Ask if it was a mistake first of all

Then subject them to a lengthy interrogation about where they got the money from

Conclude that the money was stolen

Ring up my second cousin who is a police officer
Original post by Awesome Genius
What would you do with the money?

Give it back? (because you feel you can't take from your parents, not because they transferred it by mistake)

Buy yourself something nice?

Probably put most of it in an ISA with good interest
and maybe a short holiday... idk where. Maybe to visit CERN and the LHC???
Original post by somesomebody
@z33 where are youuuuuu you can't receive PMs and I've been gone and don't know if something happened :frown::frown:

Banned for being abusive .....

Spoiler

Original post by Foo.mp3
I gamble and I skrimp :innocent:

Spoiler

Do you skrimp because you gamble?

Or gamble to increase the amount you have to skrimp?

Well what's the precise meaning. I demand precision.
Original post by Ethereal World
Banned for being abusive .....

Spoiler

cavy boo told me but I'm still confused how that's even a thing...
Original post by Foo.mp3
Haha, no. I did mess up over-running a basic Roulette system back in the day and was down like £700 at one point, but my luck's been relatively good since then (focused primarily on sports betting, plus a little small chips poker now and then)

Haha, what a bizarre notion! Rarely do I place big bets, and when I do I usually win e.g. on World Cup finals and Wimbledon

What's the little fella doing in the animation..

I tell you what is bizarre. As I read the part what a bizarre notion, the song notion came on my Spotify playlist by KoL :headfire: crazy scenes!!

Do you do accumulators ? I love sports betting but it's so addictive :teehee:

Just bet on Novak and you're safe these days :yep:

Although imagine betting on a serena grand slam this year. That US open final tho :sad:

I don't know I'm gonna have to check him out again.
cavy boo told me but I'm still confused how that's even a thing...

If you use anonymous for reasons that aren't legitimate then you're abusing it. If you do it a lot, well it escalates and can result in a ban. Z33 has an anonymous addiction and is rehab this week to help her overcome it. :yep:
If you use anonymous for reasons that aren't legitimate then you're abusing it. If you do it a lot, well it escalates and can result in a ban. Z33 has an anonymous addiction and is rehab this week to help her overcome it. :yep:

I am literally laughing :toofunny:
let's see if she's learned her lesson :holmes::rofl:

but wait

what are the legitimate reasons for going anon? :hmmmm:
probably waste it within 2 months :sigh:
My parents give me money all the time, although not usually that much at once. But if they did though, I'd just use it for living expenses whilst at college, maybe buy a few music festival tickets, and then when summer comes around and I've finished the course, I'd use any leftover to go on holiday :biggrin:
Give it back to them. Well, mention it and hope they don't want it back :tongue:

I got awarded a fair amount of money in scholarships recently. Saved half, spent the other half on holidays - took my boyfriend to NYC for his birthday and booked our summer holiday, a month-long roadtrip round the Canadian Rockies.
i'd do the same as i always do when i come in to a large sum of money; pay off my credit cards,

Spoiler

I'd wonder where they got that sort of money, and what they wanted from me. :p: My parents are great, but they don't have that kind of disposable income or savings!

But say £5,000 just appeared, and I didn't have to give it back, I'd honestly put most of it into saving for renting a house (if not actually leave and rent said house, since combined with my own savings I could probably live on it for a year even if I couldn't find work).
I am literally laughing :toofunny:
let's see if she's learned her lesson :holmes::rofl:

but wait

what are the legitimate reasons for going anon? :hmmmm:

I hope she does :yep:

Ummmmm like if something is genuinely embarrassing or worthy of anonymity. You'll have to ask the mods :teehee:
Original post by Foo.mp3
Spooky times

Yes ma'am

IKR?

Heh. Tend to prefer to bet on top 16 players who look a bit wobbly e.g. did quite nicely out of Hewitt vs. Brown, in-play, at 4:1 :u:

Serena's very high risk for me, I rarely bet on the women's game

I downloaded bet365 to watch the US Open finals becus online streaming was shite- obviously you have to deposit £10 and then it's too late :afraid:

I do accumulators a lot but why is it ALWAYS just one damn result that doesnt come in. :hand:

You like a semi-under dog? :yep:

Serena is a bit all or nothing tbh and the women's game is a lot less clear cut- it's a free for all. Did you hear Sharapova failed a drugs test or somethin?
i'd buy something for me like a pre-owned rolex and a bottle of pappy
I'd ask them who they robbed.
I'd give it back

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest